Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-02-2014   #641
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Again, if they acknowledge TB as a franchise qb,there isn't a pick or player you can give the texans for that pick.
Exactly.

But not everyone here believes Bridgewater to be a franchise QB. At least no more than several other guys in this draft. & just like we differ in opinion here, there will be 32 differing opinions of the guys who'll be making the decisions on draft day.

At the moment, I don't think Bridgewater is a franchise QB. I don't think Manziel is a franchise QB. I don't think Bortles is a franchise QB. I don't think Hundley is a franchise QB. I don't think Mettenberger is a franchise QB.

I do believe at least one of those guys will be, but I don't think any one in particular is more likely than the other... at the moment. I do believe some GM of some franchise will think so & with luck it will be the guy who struck out two years ago who happens to have two #1 picks.
Old 01-02-2014   #642
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
What a fine amount of work you have put into your analysis. You have clearly watched hours of each of these guys and dissected their play.
This is where his analysis comes from...

Texian Research Center

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #643
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48657 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Awww, nothing tangible left to hang your hat on and the infantile rhetoric rears its ugly head. Sure sign of a defeated person in a debate.

I know you are but what am I? Sad.
Yes but they did come out in full force, in otherwords Dayum the fish are biting tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
TRYPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Maybe a little quid pro quo will get you what you request.
Perhaps you should offer to present the findings of your Bortles nut sack taste test first.
I did, see post #610.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #644
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48657 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
This is where his analysis comes from...

Texian Research Center
Well it is a much more informed source than you can find on this thread.
Old 01-02-2014   #645
Yaky
Rookie

Rep Power: 1001 Yaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQKN-F6fk6I
Checkdown, checkdown, checkdown all game long. Only 2 throws traveled more than 10 yards past the LOS.
If this guy is so amazing, why did he threw checkdowns all game long? Jason Campbell 2.0
Yaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #646
Texian
Hall of Fame

It's been fun but I am all out of fish food.
Old 01-02-2014   #647
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Well it is a much more informed source than you can find on this thread.
Agreed. See posts #610, #635, and #643.

- The Immortal Bo
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2014   #648
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaky View Post
Checkdown, checkdown, checkdown all game long. Only 2 throws traveled more than 10 yards past the LOS.
If this guy is so amazing, why did he threw checkdowns all game long? Jason Campbell 2.0
I guess you're in the Manziel camp or are you with Texian and your a Bortle boy .
Old 01-02-2014   #649
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yakkity yak, don't talk back.
Old 01-02-2014   #650
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Hows this for fish food: Snorkel gets a 2nd round draft grade and someone thinks it means top 10. Lol

Yall know what grade the panel gave Teddy B? I don't either Teddy didn't need to request a grade.
Old 01-02-2014   #651
Yaky
Rookie

Rep Power: 1001 Yaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I guess you're in the Manziel camp or are you with Texian and your a Bortle boy .
I guess I dont like Jason Campbell. Neither do I like Jason Campbell 2.0
Yaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #652
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Exactly.

But not everyone here believes Bridgewater to be a franchise QB. At least no more than several other guys in this draft. & just like we differ in opinion here, there will be 32 differing opinions of the guys who'll be making the decisions on draft day.

At the moment, I don't think Bridgewater is a franchise QB. I don't think Manziel is a franchise QB. I don't think Bortles is a franchise QB. I don't think Hundley is a franchise QB. I don't think Mettenberger is a franchise QB.

I do believe at least one of those guys will be, but I don't think any one in particular is more likely than the other... at the moment. I do believe some GM of some franchise will think so & with luck it will be the guy who struck out two years ago who happens to have two #1 picks.
Eh, the NFL is full of guys thinking they're the smartest guy in the room. Why should it be any different amongst us? I just watched the Brady 6 again today and 1 thing always stands out to me every time i watch it. so many of these coaches and scouts were caught up in the measurables, stats and other things when they made their picks...then Belichick comes on explaining why they picked Brady and all he says was "we just saw a guy time and time again making the most of his opportunities"....................Now obviously a little more went into than that, but it was very simple analysis. Not all this garbage about "him being exciting" or "look what he did against this team...look at his stats etc...etc.."

So even when there's an obvious #1 pick like Manning or Luck, there's always a few who think someone else is as good or comparable...hence Leaf and RG3. At the end of the day though, its simply about whether or not the guy is consistent in what he does regardless of who he faces..Bridgewater fits that bill moreso than any of the guys mentioned in this thread.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #653
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess I dont like Jason Campbell. Neither do I like Jason Campbell 2.0
You have no idea how any of them will pan out for one thing . Another is there is nothing similar between Teddy and Campbell .
Old 01-02-2014   #654
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You have no idea how any of them will pan out for one thing . Another is there is nothing similar between Teddy and Campbell .
There is one thing...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #655
Texian
Hall of Fame

only because I can't help myself, I'll leave y'all w/ this, enjoy;

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 6m

Podcast @ 9PM: source intimate w/Bill O'Brien "Blake Bortles much more a Bill O'Brien QB than Teddy Bridgewater" http://www.blogtalkradio.com/draft_i...nsider-podcast
Old 01-02-2014   #656
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
There is one thing...
They wear gloves ?
Old 01-02-2014   #657
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
only because I can't help myself, I'll leave y'all w/ this, enjoy;

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 6m

Podcast @ 9PM: source intimate w/Bill O'Brien "Blake Bortles much more a Bill O'Brien QB than Teddy Bridgewater" http://www.blogtalkradio.com/draft_i...nsider-podcast
Yeah.............and Vick was more of a chip kelly guy than Nick Foles was too.

I dont care how close "the source" is. I dont think you can know what type of Qb he may covet based on 2 years as a HC in college... Not enough of a track record imo..obviously when he makes his choice, we'll all roll with that.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #658
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
There is one thing...
They both won the Sugar Bowl?

- The Immortal Bo
Old 01-02-2014   #659
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck to the Donovan McNaabb/Romo yrs.

Yeah, it's a great idea to reach for a QB.

Why is this franchise where it is?

One QB that wears gloves leading my favorite team in my lifetime is enough.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #660
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Good luck to the Donovan McNaabb/Romo yrs.

Yeah, it's a great idea to reach for a QB.

Why is this franchise where it is?

One QB that wears gloves leading my favorite team in my lifetime is enough.
I might take the McNabb Eagles years in a plea bargin type deal .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read