Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-02-2014   #621
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
So would you rather draft a QB that has the similar size and athletic ability of Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Peyton & Eli Manning, Andrew Luck like say Blake Bortles or would you rather draft a QB who looks like Geno Smith's skinny smaller younger brother who throws sidearm like Uncle Rico say like Teddy Bridgewater?
I forgot to add the following: que all the Teddy fanatics who have not only checked his prostrate but have also given him several colonoscopies. They will now come out in force.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #622
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
They were actually...i watched a good portion of that UH vs UCF game and they made his other lover blake bortles look like trash....u dont hear texian talking about that though...
Exactly!
Old 01-02-2014   #623
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Maybe its just me but I feel UofH defense is underrated. They gave more than 1
QB troubles.
Bridgewater vs. UH
19/29 for 203 yards with no turnovers.

Bortles vs. UH
17/24 for 210 yards with 1 INT and 1 Fumble.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #624
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texian don't forget about Ryan Leaf , Josh Freeman , Matt Schaub , Dan Mcguire , Jamarkus Russell , Sam Bradford , and Brandon Weedon .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #625
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I forgot to add the following: que all the Teddy fanatics who have not only checked his prostrate but have also given him several colonoscopies. They will now come out in force.
Awww, nothing tangible left to hang your hat on and the infantile rhetoric rears its ugly head. Sure sign of a defeated person in a debate.

I know you are but what am I? Sad.
Old 01-02-2014   #626
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Intangibles - leadership, courage, heart, etc.
- Manziel - 4
- McCarron - 3
- Hundley - 2
- Bridgewater - 1
- Bortles
- Carr
- Mettenberger
Not sure how you give Bridgewater a 1. Heart? Dude came off the bench with a high ankle sprain and broken wrist to beat Rutgers for the Big East title last year. Courage? He took a huge hit on the first play of the Sugar Bowl last year and then proceeded to dissect that defense for the rest of the night. Leadership? Just watch the Miami game or listen to his coaches/teammates talk about him.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 01-02-2014   #627
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Love seeing some of the Bridgewater articles here. I think what's funny here is some people over thinking it or wanting to out draftnick each other, or least that's what it feels like.

Bortles, to me at least, has Tannehill 2.0 written all over him. People are going to fall for prototypical size you now want but I'm not sold on the rest of his skill set. Someone is going to take him high and spend years hoping he makes them look smart. Manziel might go high on hype alone, but his dedication to the craft of being a QB concerns me too much to give the keys to a franchise. Only other mentionable qb who is no longer a first rounder is Murray.

To me, in terms of being a qb, Bridgewater is this year's Andrew Luck. All he's done is operate a pro style system and now is easily most polished in this class. If he wasn't at Louisville and at a more recognized program he would've been under the same microscope Luck was and still excelled.

I think it's pretty obvious the FO has to grab a QB this year's unless for some reason they find Keenum adequate enough to warrant building around. I don't have that confidence at least.

You can try to sell me on the value of Clowney at #1, but behind Smith and Watt they'll have to find creative ways to get him PT. I dunno bout you cuts but the thought of a part time player outside a QB at #1 leaves a lot to be desired. Matthews has clear value and skills but is a RT worth the #1 overall? Either case what's your play at qb moving forward?

Another year's of well, wait til next year's crop comes out.. This one sucks. Trade for a valued backup again? No thanks.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2014   #628
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Comparison between the top seven QBs in this draft. This is not necessarily a direct comparison of their respective talents, but more of a comparison done to show who is the most pro ready and who needs the least amount of tweaking to make their game adaptable to the pros.

That is what I covet when looking at QBs making the move from college to the NFL. Example, I believe that Manziel is a more physically gifted player than Carr, but I believe that Carr's skills are more easily transferable and thus more likely to sustain long term success in the pros.

I rank QBs based on nine categories. They are listed in order of importance, determined by what skills I think are most necessary to be successful in the NFL. The scale is weighted to reflect this.

My rankings:

Accuracy - ability to put the ball in the safest location for only the receiver to have a play on it
- Bridgewater - 9
- Manziel - 8
- McCarron - 7
- Carr - 6
- Mettenberger - 5
- Bortles - 4
- Hundley - 3
Decision Making - ability to read defenses and find the right receiver quickly and efficiently
- Bridgewater - 8
- Mettenberger - 7
- Carr - 6
- McCarron - 5
- Bortles - 4
- Hundley - 3
- Manziel - 2
Pocket Presence - ability to locate and avoid the rush while keeping eyes downfield
- Bridgewater - 7
- Bortles - 6
- Manziel - 5
- Carr - 4
- McCarron - 3
- Hundley - 2
- Mettenberger - 1
Pre Snap Reads - ability to diagnose defense before the snap
- Bridgewater - 6
- Mettenberger - 5
- Carr - 4
- Bortles - 3
- McCarron - 2
- Hundley - 1
- Manziel
Arm Strength - ability to make the required throws
- Mettenberger - 5
- Carr - 4
- Bortles - 3
- McCarron - 2
- Bridgewater - 1
- Manziel
- Hundley
Intangibles - leadership, courage, heart, etc.
- Manziel - 4
- McCarron - 3
- Hundley - 2
- Bridgewater - 1
- Bortles
- Carr
- Mettenberger
Delivery - mechanics required to be consistently efficient passer
- Carr - 3
- Mettenberger - 2
- McCarron - 1
- Bortles
- Manziel
- Bridgewater
- Hundley
Improvisation - ability to make the best of a bad situation
- Manziel - 2
- Bridgewater - 1
- Bortles
- Hundley
- Carr
- McCarron
- Mettenberger
Size - frame desired to be efficient and durable
- Mettenberger - 1
- Bortles
- Carr
- McCarron
- Hundley
- Bridgewater
- Manziel

Total Grade
Bridgewater 36
Carr 27
Mettenberger 26
McCarron 23
Manziel 21
Bortles 20
Hundley 11
Where is your Bridgewater Prostrate and Colonoscopy report?
Old 01-02-2014   #629
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #630
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe a little quid pro quo will get you what you request.
Perhaps you should offer to present the findings of your Bortles nut sack taste test first.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #631
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right next to your Bortles blow up doll .

Round Dan
Old 01-02-2014   #632
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
maybe a little quid pro quo will get you what you request.
Perhaps you should offer to present the findings of your bortles nut sack taste test first.
lmao....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #633
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
They were actually...i watched a good portion of that UH vs UCF game and they made his other lover blake bortles look like trash....u dont hear texian talking about that though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Bridgewater vs. UH
19/29 for 203 yards with no turnovers.

Bortles vs. UH
17/24 for 210 yards with 1 INT and 1 Fumble.
Did y'all not see the final score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
What about a guy who doesn't throw 2 picks vs a terrible Baylor defense?
and who might that be?
Old 01-02-2014   #634
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Perhaps you should offer to present the findings of your Bortles nut sack taste test first.
He swallowed all evidence .

Round Dan
Old 01-02-2014   #635
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What a fine amount of work you have put into your analysis. You have clearly watched hours of each of these guys and dissected their play.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #636
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Not sure how you give Bridgewater a 1. Heart? Dude came off the bench with a high ankle sprain and broken wrist to beat Rutgers for the Big East title last year. Courage? He took a huge hit on the first play of the Sugar Bowl last year and then proceeded to dissect that defense for the rest of the night. Leadership? Just watch the Miami game or listen to his coaches/teammates talk about him.
It's not a knock on him. This is the hardest category to grade because it is intangible. But I have him rated fourth in the category and the scoring is weighted, thus one point for this category.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #637
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

- The Immortal Bo
Old 01-02-2014   #638
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did y'all not see the final score?

and who might that be?
Lol, we're falling back on team accomplishments to justify our man love now?

Dont worry, teddy's got plenty of those too...lol
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #639
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Again, if they acknowledge TB as a franchise qb,there isn't a pick or player you can give the texans for that pick.
Exactly.

But not everyone here believes Bridgewater to be a franchise QB. At least no more than several other guys in this draft. & just like we differ in opinion here, there will be 32 differing opinions of the guys who'll be making the decisions on draft day.

At the moment, I don't think Bridgewater is a franchise QB. I don't think Manziel is a franchise QB. I don't think Bortles is a franchise QB. I don't think Hundley is a franchise QB. I don't think Mettenberger is a franchise QB.

I do believe at least one of those guys will be, but I don't think any one in particular is more likely than the other... at the moment. I do believe some GM of some franchise will think so & with luck it will be the guy who struck out two years ago who happens to have two #1 picks.
Old 01-02-2014   #640
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What a fine amount of work you have put into your analysis. You have clearly watched hours of each of these guys and dissected their play.
This is where his analysis comes from...

Texian Research Center

- The Immortal Bo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read