Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-17-2013   #321
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Slay had knee surgery right after the draft. He has had limited play and is currently hampered by a knee again.

Banks is a starter in Tampa.
Hey, thanks I remember now about the surgery.
Old 12-17-2013   #322
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Wouldn't you just be better off ignoring my post?
Why? This place gets slow occasionally and you're very entertaining.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #323
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Why? This place gets slow occasionally and you're very entertaining.
I had to go back and review the O'Brien thread to see the ominous "Troll Post". Then I saw and remembered my post and it literally made me "BORTLES BEAT O'BRIEN". If you truly consider that to be a troll post I have 3 words for you, "Lighten Up Francis'.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #324
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I had to go back and review the O'Brien thread to see the ominous "Troll Post". Then I saw and remembered my post and it literally made me "BORTLES BEAT O'BRIEN". If you truly consider that to be a troll post I have 3 words for you, "Lighten Up Francis'.
Flame post then, call it whatever you want to. There’s no need for me to lighten up because I am neither mad nor offended. All it did was confirm that, despite your claims that I “search out your posts”, it’s actually quite the opposite. You search out mine. Why else would you go to a thread about Bill O'Brien and try to flame my post completely off-topic?

You seem to be under the delusion that you've “got me”. That I respond because I can’t help it and that you have trolled me to the max. Meanwhile, the reality is that I continually poke you and you can’t help but respond. You think that you've roped me in when really you’re the one that’s been on the hook the whole time.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #325
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Flame post then, call it whatever you want to. There’s no need for me to lighten up because I am neither mad nor offended. All it did was confirm that, despite your claims that I “search out your posts”, it’s actually quite the opposite. You search out mine. Why else would you go to a thread about Bill O'Brien and try to flame my post completely off-topic?

You seem to be under the delusion that you've “got me”. That I respond because I can’t help it and that you have trolled me to the max. Meanwhile, the reality is that I continually poke you and you can’t help but respond. You think that you've roped me in when really you’re the one that’s been on the hook the whole time.
This must be Love!
Old 12-17-2013   #326
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This must be Love!

OK ... here is my off the wall prediction .

Charlie Strong goes to UT and Teddy goes with him . How ... Teddy graduates this month from louisville . He can go to UT and work on a masters .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 12-17-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013   #327
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN selling doubt about Bridgewater declaring, this morning.

Teddy Bridgewater still 'undecided'
Quote:
Louisville junior quarterback Teddy Bridgewater said he is "undecided" whether to return for his senior year and will make the decision following the Cardinals' bowl game.

"I've been hearing all these stories that I've made a decision -- I haven't made a decision," Bridgewater said Monday. "I will talk to my mom and the coaches before making my decision. I'm not leaning either way."

Bridgewater is the No. 1-rated quarterback prospect by ESPN's Todd McShay, and the No. 8 player overall.

Bridgewater said he's not leaning either way, but admitted he's been paying close attention to the other quarterbacks that have decided to remain in school or declare early.

He will decide on his future "hopefully three-to-four days after" Louisville's Russell Athletic Bowl against Miami on Dec. 28 in Orlando, Fla., when he is "comfortable" with his decision. He is not going to set a specific deadline.

"Whenever I feel comfortable after discussing it with my mom, my family and my coaches," he said.

Bridgewater will graduate Thursday with a degree in sports administration. He's the first member of his family to graduate from college.
He said the main reason for returning for his senior year would be "playing in a new conference against better talent and being able to play another year with guys I've had great relationships with at Louisville."

Louisville moves to the ACC next season, after spending Bridgewater's last three years in the American Athletic Conference and Big East.

Last edited by Playoffs; 12-19-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2013   #328
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
ESPN selling doubt about Bridgewater declaring, this morning.
That's a good news bad news thing on many levels .
Old 12-19-2013   #329
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry guys, if somebody is bringing up the Heisman as reasoning for or against any potential draft pick you can safely ignore that persons logic about the subject forever.

The Heisman has dick all to do with how a player plays on Sundays. Absolutely nothing.
Old 12-20-2013   #330
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

http://draftbreakdown.com/the-right-...r-bridgewater/

Thoughts?
Old 12-20-2013   #331
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I remember the knock on Aaron was that he was a tedford system guy with questionable mechanics and didn't throw deep.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #332
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 3761 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
I remember the knock on Aaron was that he was a tedford system guy with questionable mechanics and didn't throw deep.

I seem to remember that too. I think he has proven his critics wrong though.

Sent from the future...
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #333
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Pass on Bridgewater..he does not make me all tingly inside like a number 1 should

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #334
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt miller - nfl draft lead writer

Quote:
teddy bridgwater, right now, is the second-best quarterback i've scouted, ahead of rgiii, matthew stafford, sam bradford, philip rivers, eli manning and aaron rodgers. Of course, we're talking about him as a draft prospect, so there are no guarantees, but his pre-draft grade is at an elite level.

My top-rated quarterback and no. 2 overall player, bridgewater is a franchise-level, blue-chip quarterback prospect.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #335
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Interesting, who is his top rated prospect?

You sure that's not Matt Millen?
Old 12-23-2013   #336
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
for bleacher report....the National Enquirer of sports tabloids.....Miller's expertise and experience is not any better than anyone here on this message board. Miller is as good as your local fortune teller or palm reader.
Old 12-23-2013   #337
Cannonball
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Cannonball is a quality contributor and well respectedCannonball is a quality contributor and well respectedCannonball is a quality contributor and well respectedCannonball is a quality contributor and well respectedCannonball is a quality contributor and well respectedCannonball is a quality contributor and well respectedCannonball is a quality contributor and well respectedCannonball is a quality contributor and well respectedCannonball is a quality contributor and well respectedCannonball is a quality contributor and well respectedCannonball is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Interesting, who is his top rated prospect?

You sure that's not Matt Millen?
IIRC, he was talking about QBs across multiple years and the only one he had ahead of Bridgewater was Luck.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #338
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
for bleacher report....the National Enquirer of sports tabloids.....Miller's expertise and experience is not any better than anyone here on this message board. Miller is as good as your local fortune teller or palm reader.
...or local Texian
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #339
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Better than Griffin? I'm gonna vote no.

RG@ 2011 (last year at Bayor):
Passing 291/402 4,293 72.4% 10.7 avg 37 TDs 6 INTs rating 189.5
Rushing 179/699 3.9 10 TDs
Old 12-23-2013   #340
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Better than Griffin? I'm gonna vote no.

RG@ 2011 (last year at Bayor):
Passing 291/402 4,293 72.4% 10.7 avg 37 TDs 6 INTs rating 189.5
Rushing 179/699 3.9 10 TDs
Misguided stats mean nothing. Follow Art Briles career as a coach and look at the numbers his quarterbacks have put up.

Kevin Kolb, RG3, and now Bryce Petty.

#1 offense in the Nation w/out RG3 (The Heisman Winner)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...m/_/stat/total
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read