Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-15-2014   #2421
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

So, the Vikes want Teddybot to stay an extra day. I don't buy any of the news these qbs are falling. The top 2,jf and tb have great college production and bortles has great,limited qb production. People like to compare that to the guys in the cam newton qb class. Locker,gabbert,nor ponder had the kind of production these 3 had. Gabbert was the biggest fraud of them all to me. I think it was more of how much people didn't like cam as opposed to his actual talent. The guy was avg in an offense in which chase daniels put up cartoon like numbers. I mean, he was supposed to be athletic,but he got ran down. He was supposed to have a big arm,but all he did was dink and dunk. Shannahan who really needed a qb,traded down and took kerilgan. Don't get me started on the worse performance I've ever seen put in by jake locker vs nebraska. Again,dumb coaches and scout watched a pro day and combine and made a pick. Couple of yrs later,they might draft another qb early in the draft. Ponder is and was the definition of avg in college and as a pro.
Old 04-16-2014   #2422
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Why don't you shoot the holes? Because I don't know what you're talking about.
Doesn't have great mechanics ... erratic arm position, sometimes even side-arm. Misses long quite a bit. His completion percentages came from dink and dunk little dump offs to backs in the flat. Not that accurate otherwise. Doesn't go through his check downs. Locks on and commits too early too a specific receiver.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #2423
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't engage this King Texan guy yall. He's a troll. We've gone through all of this for 100+ pages, don't allow someone to stir the pot and rile you up.

I check back on this thread almost daily, but for the most part I'm done talking. Everything has been said. We are just regurgitating our fights from the first 100 pages now.

I drew my line in the sand after the football season as I do every year for my first 3 rounds of draft picks. If I'm wrong, I'll own it, if I'm right I'm gonna stand on my words and not let anyone else that wasn't there stand with me.

It's funny how everyone was commenting on the Chris Mortensen NOT factually correct story how he's gone around and failed and look shaky at MANY private workouts and everyone comments on it getting their validation that he's a loser, but when TB's agent comes out and says, "what? Factually INCORRECT, we've had 1 private workout" then no one said a thing.

Face it, this thread is comprised of 50% Clowney backers, 25% Manziel backers, 5% Bortles backers, 5-10% that just want TB to fail, and the other 10-15% who believe in TB based on what happened when football was still being played. We are all where we are at this point, the only thing left is to see how the cards fall. But just remember, when Alex Smith was drafted #1 and Rodgers slid to #24, it wasn't because Rodgers was a loser and Alex Smith was the truth, so where they're drafted is only stage 1.

21 days 9 hours 51 minutes
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #2424
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Tom Brady--> Teddy Bridgewater

Bill Belichick--> Bill O'Brien

Coincidence? I think not!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #2425
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Face it, this thread is comprised of 50% Clowney backers, 25% Manziel backers, 5% Bortles backers, 5-10% that just want TB to fail, and the other 10-15% who believe in TB based on what happened when football was still being played. We are all where we are at this point, the only thing left is to see how the cards fall. But just remember, when Alex Smith was drafted #1 and Rodgers slid to #24, it wasn't because Rodgers was a loser and Alex Smith was the truth, so where they're drafted is only stage 1.

Would it be to much to ask for this thread to be merged with the Geno Smith thread?
Old 04-16-2014   #2426
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Would it be to much to ask for this thread to be merged with the Geno Smith thread?
Maybe someone could start a Shaun King thread to merge it with ... same guy.
Old 04-16-2014   #2427
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Maybe someone could start a Shaun King thread to merge it with ... same guy.
Old 04-16-2014   #2428
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm getting a chuckle reading grown ass men take this thing so personal. Lol.
Old 04-16-2014   #2429
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Don't engage this King Texan guy yall. He's a troll. We've gone through all of this for 100+ pages, don't allow someone to stir the pot and rile you up.

I check back on this thread almost daily, but for the most part I'm done talking. Everything has been said. We are just regurgitating our fights from the first 100 pages now.

I drew my line in the sand after the football season as I do every year for my first 3 rounds of draft picks. If I'm wrong, I'll own it, if I'm right I'm gonna stand on my words and not let anyone else that wasn't there stand with me.

It's funny how everyone was commenting on the Chris Mortensen NOT factually correct story how he's gone around and failed and look shaky at MANY private workouts and everyone comments on it getting their validation that he's a loser, but when TB's agent comes out and says, "what? Factually INCORRECT, we've had 1 private workout" then no one said a thing.

Just for the record, I want TB to succeed but I'm a Clowney/Robinson guy.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #2430
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Say..... all you guys who don't want to draft Bridgewater with a top five pick (this includes myself).

If he were to go on to become a franchise QB & the guy you'd rather have, with a lower pick... not you guys who want Manziel or Bortles with a top 5 pick.. doesn't.

Say if you're a Garopollo guy, or a Murray, or whoever it is you want to take outside of the 1st round, let's say he turns into a Henne or Fitzpatrick, or a Whitehurst; good, but not good enough to be a starter.

How would you feel if Bridgewater goes on to become a franchise guy & Garoppolo/Murray/Savage becomes a journeyman back up?
I'd feel the same way if any guy I picked top 5 fails and has little to do with how others do. I am basically interested in Texans. You use info you have and go with it. That is how I live my life not just a mock.
Old 04-17-2014   #2431
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont see it, but if it happened I would be thrilled to get him @ 33.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-the-2nd-round
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #2432
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post

Wow, well if we don't get him then I sure hope he the Jags don't get him either because all this is doing is putting a chip on his shoulder. I just hope we don't get an Alex Smith and pass on an Aaron Rodgers.
Old 04-17-2014   #2433
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

What if he is there, and Carr is still there? Im taking prototype size and better arm talent myself.
Old 04-17-2014   #2434
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What if he is there, and Carr is still there? Im taking prototype size and better arm talent myself.
Carr has his flaws as well and they are much the same as HWWNBM ... He struggles under pressure.

Bridgewater .... man that dude has twigs for legs. They look like they belong on someone else .... He lacks velocity or try's to put too much touch on throws more often than I like and accuracy is in question.

Tough call between the two of them @ #33.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #2435
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Prototype size?

They are both 6'2" 214.

Im taking TBW.
Old 04-18-2014   #2436
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Prototype size?

They are both 6'2" 214.

Im taking TBW.
No way they are the same size IRL.

TB looks like a twig next to DC.
Old 04-18-2014   #2437
Blake
MMQB

Quote:

Think whatever you want. But they both came in to the combine at the same height and weight.
Old 04-18-2014   #2438
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They both measured 6-2, 214 at the Combine.

Bridgewater weighed 208 at his Pro Day though, IIRC.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #2439
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 218645 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TB has longer arms (33" vs. 31.5") and bigger hands (9 1/4" vs. 9 1/8") than DC.

The problem with TB is that even though he came into the Combine at 214#, his "natural" weight is lower than that. DC is naturally a little heavier.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #2440
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

Quote:
We've reached out to many teams about Bridgewater, and all have been down on him. Perhaps the most glaring response we've heard came from an executive with an NFC playoff team that has no need for a starting quarterback. They have their franchise signal-caller, but they could use a reserve, so we asked this executive his thoughts on some quarterbacks, including Bridgewater.

The NFC executive said that he thought Bridgewater was a "fourth-round guy" and will fall out of the first round. He said that there isn't anything exceptional about Bridgewater's skill set, as he doesn't have an elite arm, size or mobility. Because of that, he felt that Bridgewater is a fourth-round talent.

Another scouting director picking in the top 20 that could consider a quarterback told us that his team never had Bridgewater as a first-round pick. They said he's carried a second-round grade throughout the process. They still have him as a second-round pick after his much-maligned pro day.

Sources from three teams in the top 10 have told us that they have Blake Bortles and Derek Carr graded ahead of Bridgewater. One team also has A.J. McCarron rated ahead of Bridgewater.

Fall to 33 Teddy!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read