Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-11-2014   #2381
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
He comes from a land downunder, where women glow and men plunder.

Welcome aboard neighbour.
Sounds like a mystical place indeed.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014   #2382
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I assume you guys are referring to New York City

TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014   #2383
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I don't think trading up in any scenario is realistic for THIS Houston Texans team. Trading up generally involves giving up multiple picks in the current year.

We need every single one of our 11 picks, and worse... we need all 11 of them to hit. I won't be shocked when about 8 of these picks are used on defense.

With that said, realistically we need more picks, not less higher quality ones. We hit the field with this defense in September we give up 35+ every week. We have 1 injury (which we will), we are even worse.
I don't see, or at least I don't want to see two 4th rounders & two 5th rounders as starters on our team. I'd rather trade a 4th & 5th with our 33 & get the guy our HC wants..... & start him.
Old 04-11-2014   #2384
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't see, or at least I don't want to see two 4th rounders & two 5th rounders as starters on our team. I'd rather trade a 4th & 5th with our 33 & get the guy our HC wants..... & start him.
I don't think there is one set formula but I fall more in line with you and would rather have 4-5 plus starters rather than 8 guys who can get buy.
Old 04-11-2014   #2385
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
your name is sooooo confusing. i was thinking "what the hell i didnt comment 20mins ago"

welcome to the boards mate. where you from??
Naw, he's white on the right side!

Last edited by DBCooper; 04-11-2014 at 01:32 PM.
DBCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014   #2386
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you implying he doesn't have the quick thinking to make it in the pros because he's not a great public speaker?

Watch a couple of his games and watch him quickly diagnose plays and dominate them. Quick public speaking reactions aren't always indicative of quick reactions to the job.
I'm not implying anything. I'm not a talent evaluator and I do not play one on the internets.

My thoughts are just that: thoughts. How this stuff translates to the pro game will be seen in the long run.

I've watched his highlight reels, but everyone's highlight reels paints them in positive light. You can find some great highlights of Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russel in college. Not comparing Bridgewater to those guys, but just pointing out that there is more to the evaluation process.

Glad it's not my decision to make.

Like I said, the speed of the game is much different at the LOS, and the separation between receivers and defenders much tighter. It remains to be seen how he does in the pros, just like it does for all of these college players.

I have focused on Bridgewater because he has been touted as the best QB in this draft for months.
Old 04-11-2014   #2387
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Quote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Teddy Bridgewater: "His private workouts have also gone very shakily." Teams concerned about Teddy's hand size.
1/8th" too small.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2014   #2388
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Teddy Bridgewater reportedly struggling in his private workouts
April 11, 2014 By Larry Brown Leave a Comment

Teddy Bridgewater LouisvilleTeddy Bridgewater already had a shaky pro day according to some evaluators, and the NFL draft prospect’s private workouts apparently have not gone much better.

According to Rotoworld, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported Friday that Bridgewater’s private workouts with NFL teams “have also gone very shakily.” Mortensen says Bridgewater’s private passing sessions with teams have been underwhelming.

One concern teams apparently have is the small size of Teddy’s hands. One of the prospects competing with Bridgewater for the top draft spot is Johnny Manziel. Though Manziel is not tall, he has large hands.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...orkouts/225822
Old 04-11-2014   #2389
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Obvious smoke screen.

Happens every year.

Wait a minute
Old 04-11-2014   #2390
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

1/8th" too small.
Why don't we ever hear about Bortles massive 9 3/8" man hands but every other article is concerned about Bridgewater's 9 2/8" tiny little girl hands?

Out of boredom I measure my hands at 10 7/8". Maybe they should draft me.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #2391
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Teddy Bridgewater reportedly struggling in his private workouts
April 11, 2014 By Larry Brown Leave a Comment

Teddy Bridgewater LouisvilleTeddy Bridgewater already had a shaky pro day according to some evaluators, and the NFL draft prospect’s private workouts apparently have not gone much better.

According to Rotoworld, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported Friday that Bridgewater’s private workouts with NFL teams “have also gone very shakily.” Mortensen says Bridgewater’s private passing sessions with teams have been underwhelming.

One concern teams apparently have is the small size of Teddy’s hands. One of the prospects competing with Bridgewater for the top draft spot is Johnny Manziel. Though Manziel is not tall, he has large hands.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...orkouts/225822
Per Texian, per Larry Brown Sports, per Rotoworld, per ESPN. Wut
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #2392
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think trading up in any scenario is realistic for THIS Houston Texans team. Trading up generally involves giving up multiple picks in the current year.

We have 0 personnel to run any defense that we are claiming to be able to run. Whether it be RACs 3-4 we envisioned with him coming here or this phantom "70% Nickel" (I don't believe we are for a second if that's not clear), we have no ability to run them with any semblance of NFL talent.

We've got JJ Watt and absolute rif raf accompanying him on that line. We need every single one of our 11 picks, and worse... we need all 11 of them to hit. I won't be shocked when about 8 of these picks are used on defense.

With that said, realistically we need more picks, not less higher quality ones. We hit the field with this defense in September we give up 35+ every week. We have 1 injury (which we will), we are even worse.
Agreed

What's the chance that Rick hits on 8 picks, plus finds a QB in 1 draft?

I like dreamin cause dreamin can make me high, this is the current state of the Texans.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #2393
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

1/8th" too small.
That's what she said?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #2394
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Texan View Post
Hey sorry mate. Didn't realise.

Might change accounts.

From Brisbane. Yourself?
nah no worries, Melbourne.

Just realised you have been a member for a while, belated welcome i guess
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #2395
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a Bridgewater guy - but right now I don`t think we will or should take him. Several scouts have him falling all the way out of the first round. Taking him with the first pick will probably be reaching by quite a margin.

So I´d say take bpa with the first pick. All things point to that being Clowney (though I´d prefer a player like Robinson). Then watch what happens if one of the big 3 QBs fall, trade up to get them - or (if the Browns have already picked a QB) be patient. Changes are one of the top 3 will fall at least to pick 24.

If we could somehow get out of this draft with Clowney/Robinson AND Bridgewater/Manziel/Bortles this would be a major win for us. Everything after that would just be icing on the cake.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #2396
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I am a Bridgewater guy - but right now I don`t think we will or should take him. Several scouts have him falling all the way out of the first round. Taking him with the first pick will probably be reaching by quite a margin.

So I´d say take bpa with the first pick. All things point to that being Clowney (though I´d prefer a player like Robinson). Then watch what happens if one of the big 3 QBs fall, trade up to get them - or (if the Browns have already picked a QB) be patient. Changes are one of the top 3 will fall at least to pick 24.

If we could somehow get out of this draft with Clowney/Robinson AND Bridgewater/Manziel/Bortles this would be a major win for us. Everything after that would just be icing on the cake.
I think it's fairly easy to accurately predict the first 4 or 5 non QBs to be taken in this Draft, but it's going to be challenging and very interesting to see when and who drafts the QBs, and in what order they are drafted.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #2397
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
If I were a Bridgewater guy, I'd want to know why they dropping him before I change my mind about drafting him. There might be some quirk they didn't like that makes him a fit here.

Of course, there are some good reason why a player can start falling in the eyes of scouts, but If I already had my visit with him, if he's already worked out for me & I liked what I saw, I might go through my notes again, but I'll most likely stay put on what I already decided.
Old 04-12-2014   #2398
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If I were a Bridgewater guy, I'd want to know why they dropping him before I change my mind about drafting him. There might be some quirk they didn't like that makes him a fit here.

Of course, there are some good reason why a player can start falling in the eyes of scouts, but If I already had my visit with him, if he's already worked out for me & I liked what I saw, I might go through my notes again, but I'll most likely stay put on what I already decided.
I didn`t say I don`t want him here. I know why scouts are dropping him, and I still believe in his gametape and most of all I still believe in his football intelligence and drive. And I´ve seen that he has the legs and the accuracy, except for deep balls. I wouldn´t be mad if we take him first overall - actually I´d be excited. I just don`t think his value matches up with the first pick. I mean, there is a legitimate change that he could fall to the second round - that`s not a guy I would spend a first pick on. But that`s still the guy I´d love to have on our team!
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #2399
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater’s agent responds to report of “shaky” workouts
Quote:
For starters, McGuire says that Bridgewater has had only one private workout. Which necessarily contradicts the notion that Bridgewater has had shaky workouts.

“I have a tremendous amount of respect for journalists who work in this new age of media,” McGuire said via email. “While I am certain this statement wasn’t intended to be misleading, it is my duty to remove and eliminate any doubt. Teddy has visited multiple teams with more workouts and visits coming in the near future. The assessment we received from the one workout was ‘simply amazing and sharp,’ and we expect nothing short or less than stellar in the upcoming workouts in the very near future.”

McGuire said another workout will happen today, which will be Bridgewater’s second. More workouts will come. And whatever teams say on or off the record about the prviate workouts can’t be trusted. Too much is riding on the ability of teams to get the guys they want in the draft. Jobs, in some cases, are riding on the way the draft dominoes fall.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #2400
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

1/8th" too small.
He has only had one private workout so far.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read