Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-07-2014   #2281
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249738 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Playoffs!

Where's the tweet about TB meeting with the Texans?

Manziel and Bortles got one.
I'll post it when I see one.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #2282
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And I think that happened to us in Rick Smith's first draft. They didn't think there was any way Amobi Okoye was going to fall to us and they were surprised when he did. They didn't know what to do but...he was the highest ranked guy on their board... so they took him without really getting enough background on him to really know if he was a good fit or not.
Still doesn't justify why they had Okoye rated over Willis.
Old 04-07-2014   #2283
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Or Revis...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #2284
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They had the DROY at mlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Or Revis...
And a highly thought of Robinson at corner, neither of those guys were under consideration for the pick, iirc
Old 04-07-2014   #2285
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 63318 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I'll post it when I see one.
I hope the silence means that we are REALLY interested and trying to throw teams off.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #2286
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope the silence means that we are REALLY interested and trying to throw teams off.
That might work when you don't have the #1 pick in the draft. Having the #1 pick in the draft you're not fooling anyone with any clandestine moves.
Old 04-07-2014   #2287
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Or Revis...
They were earning while learning. No doubt. I think they've learned a little by now.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2014   #2288
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 63318 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
That might work when you don't have the #1 pick in the draft. Having the #1 pick in the draft you're not fooling anyone with any clandestine moves.
If plan A is to trade down and get him it does.

Talk the guy down, show no interest and then snap him up.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #2289
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
They were earning while learning. No doubt. I think they've learned a little by now.
Lets hope so

2-14 should make loyal Texans fans ask questions.

Corrosions posts certainly have made me raise an eyebrow a few times.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #2290
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If plan A is to trade down and get him it does.

Talk the guy down, show no interest and then snap him up.
The problem with that is ain't nobody talking nobody down except Teddy. The general consensus is TB has fallen out of the Top 10 and that was TB's doing, nobody else's.
Old 04-07-2014   #2291
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Does anyone believe the talk that TB will fall out of the 1st completely?

If so, why?
Dadgum!! I've been tellin' all y'all that I'm old, my knees are bad and I'm having shoulder and hand problems (aka arthritis)!! Don't draft TB!!!
Old 04-07-2014   #2292
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dadgum!! I've been tellin' all y'all that I'm old, my knees are bad and I'm having shoulder and hand problems (aka arthritis)!! Don't draft TB!!!
You're going 1-1 whether you like it or not.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #2293
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
dont worry bill, some little blue pills errrr performing enhancing drugs, and you'll be ready to perform....after an hour.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #2294
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
The problem with that is ain't nobody talking nobody down except Teddy. The general consensus is TB has fallen out of the Top 10 and that was TB's doing, nobody else's.
You act like you know who is or not in the top 10. One thing I do know is the texans under smith have never tipped their hand. In fact,they don't even bring guys in who they draft in the 1st rd. Stop making stuff up and calling it fact.
Old 04-08-2014   #2295
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
You act like you know who is or not in the top 10. One thing I do know is the texans under smith have never tipped their hand. In fact,they don't even bring guys in who they draft in the 1st rd. Stop making stuff up and calling it fact.
I understand that you're are a Teddybot and why you would think I was making things up. The truth of the matter is it was Teddy who was a disappointment at the Combine and it was Teddy who had a poor Pro Day. I had nothing to do with that. And the general consensus since those two performances is Teddy has dropped on most media boards and mocks. Sorry, it ain't me!

Last edited by Texian; 04-08-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #2296
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand that you're are a Teddybot and why you would think I was making things up. The truth of the matter is it was Teddy was a disappointment at the Combine and it was Teddy who had a poor Pro Day. I had nothing to do with that. And the general consensus since those two performances is Teddy has dropped on most media boards and mocks. Sorry, it ain't me!
So the combine and a pro day does it for you? So why are top 10 teams still bringing him in? No ne to argue with you,but I've had 2 former gms tell me to my face the combine is best for the physical and the pro day means zero. I guess they're Teddy Bots or Clowney Bots or whatever retarded word association you want to mix in. Tell me how many many media people had the texans drafting mario?
Old 04-08-2014   #2297
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand that you're are a Teddybot and why you would think I was making things up. The truth of the matter is it was Teddy was a disappointment at the Combine and it was Teddy who had a poor Pro Day. I had nothing to do with that. And the general consensus since those two performances is Teddy has dropped on most media boards and mocks. Sorry, it ain't me!
While I agree with you on him dropping - I don`t really understand it. Every scout says it`s about gametape and the proday is just a very, very small part. At the combine he interviewed great and basically didn`t do anything else. His proday was disappointing because he missed a couple of throws. And all of a sudden some people even have him dropping out of the first round? He was a consensus top 5 pick before the combine. His gametape hasn`t changed. And he was one of the most accurate QBs in college football. True, his competition wasn`t always up to par, but neither did he have elite WRs or an elite o-line. He always played within his game, was great at disecting a defense and making the right decision, all with a bunch of pressure in his face.

Scouts are saying a proday is only a very small part - yet they suddenly act as if it is the decisive part. If it was, then they sure did a bad job at scouting him before, because if the proday was an accurate assesment of his skills, than he has played with these deficiencies before. Yet before he was called easily the best QB of the bunch with only concerns about his size and frame and his deep ball accuracy.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #2298
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
So the combine and a pro day does it for you? So why are top 10 teams still bringing him in? No ne to argue with you,but I've had 2 former gms tell me to my face the combine is best for the physical and the pro day means zero. I guess they're Teddy Bots or Clowney Bots or whatever retarded word association you want to mix in. Tell me how many many media people had the texans drafting mario?
You keep wanting to put me in to the equation, again I had nothing to do with Teddy's poor performances at the Combine and Pro Day. Why are top 10 teams bringing him him? In case he drops to RD 2 or they entertain the idea of trading back up in to the latter part of RD 1. The fact still remains, Teddy is dropping with most all folks following and predicting the draft. And I had nothing whatsoever to do with with it. I'm just the messenger and I feel SMITED!
Old 04-08-2014   #2299
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
While I agree with you on him dropping - I don`t really understand it. Every scout says it`s about gametape and the proday is just a very, very small part. At the combine he interviewed great and basically didn`t do anything else. His proday was disappointing because he missed a couple of throws. And all of a sudden some people even have him dropping out of the first round? He was a consensus top 5 pick before the combine. His gametape hasn`t changed. And he was one of the most accurate QBs in college football. True, his competition wasn`t always up to par, but neither did he have elite WRs or an elite o-line. He always played within his game, was great at disecting a defense and making the right decision, all with a bunch of pressure in his face.

Scouts are saying a proday is only a very small part - yet they suddenly act as if it is the decisive part. If it was, then they sure did a bad job at scouting him before, because if the proday was an accurate assesment of his skills, than he has played with these deficiencies before. Yet before he was called easily the best QB of the bunch with only concerns about his size and frame and his deep ball accuracy.
It may have to do with the recent news that his playing weight was close to 185. He packed on the pounds for the Combine and then promptly lost many of them by his Pro Day. And before the Combine and Pro Day there were questions about his arm strength and his delivery and he did nothing to dispel those fears. His workout did more to reinforce them. The velocity and zip on his ball speed was not there and his accuracy and ball placement at the his pro day were disappointments. He didn't have much in the way of answers but more in the way of excuses.
Old 04-08-2014   #2300
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You keep wanting to put me in to the equation, again I had nothing to do with Teddy's poor performances at the Combine and Pro Day. Why are top 10 teams bringing him him? In case he drops to RD 2 or they entertain the idea of trading back up in to the latter part of RD 1. The fact still remains, Teddy is dropping with most all folks following and predicting the draft. And I had nothing whatsoever to do with with it. I'm just the messenger and I feel SMITED!
Since you're paying attention to the media, they say all the qbs are falling to the 2nd rd including your boy bortles who had an ok pro day,nothing special. See,that doesn't bother me because I look at what I see on tape as do most people. If a combine,which teddy,johnny,nor carr participatd in or a pro day drops a guy from 10 to 2nd rd,then he probably never was 10 anyway. Guys don't drop from 10 to 2nd rd based off pro days or combine. If so, matt ryan would've been in the 2nd rd as was cam newton who had an avg pro day.

Since you're a pro day guy,when was the last time the texans brought in their 1st rd pick for a visit? When you remember his name,let me know.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read