Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-27-2014   #2261
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

I've seen too much Logan Thomas fail to ever want him on my team. Pass on him even as UDFA.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #2262
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 15483 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

please no logan thomas
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #2263
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
My favorite part of the TB Gruden Camp.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10670133
That's where he will win all day. That grease board exercise talking coverage is his power. You can tell its easy for him. He said he'll bang that route on cover 2 is what manning did to the bears in the superbowl. That's why rhodes and adaii killed that middle when urlachcher was running deep middle.
Old 03-30-2014   #2264
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Teddy's strength throughout the process was going to be his knowledge of the game and ability to make smart,quick decisions which I feel will lead to a good career in the NFL.

His shifty approach the combine and lackluster preparation for his pro day made me pump my brakes a bit.
Old 03-30-2014   #2265
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep reading that TB is likely to have more success early and that manziel has the higher ceiling...

I think the opposite is actually true.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #2266
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I keep reading that TB is likely to have more success early and that manziel has the higher ceiling...

It all depends on the coach & the team around him.

We fix our OL, & Arian comes back healthy, any QB we have next year will be set up to succeed.
Old 03-30-2014   #2267
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It all depends on the coach & the team around him.

We fix our OL, & Arian comes back healthy, any QB we have next year will be set up to succeed.
I am talking from an equal standpoint. If both guys were in similar situations.

I think manziel can come in and have a kaepernick type offense in place and have good success. I think TB is more in the mold of a Peyton manning type qb where it's going to take him time to adjust but ultimately if he can adjust has the higher ceiling because if they type if qb he is.

With manziel you often hear "in the right offense". I don't see that caveat attached to tb or bortles. I think they are more traditional. I think like kaepernick and Russell Wilson and to some degree cam newton and rg3..you can win a superbowl with them...

Will they ever be the Andrew luck, Peyton, Drew brees type qb where they can rely on their arm and knowledge of coverage...the traditional type qb.....make receivers better? I don't know. Do they need to be? I don't know.

But I do think tb is more in that mold and it's going to take him some time to adjust to doing that in the NFL. But if he can, I think that's the type of qb with the really high ceiling.

I think manziel is like a less physically gifted Vick. Looks good on paper. Can make brilliant plays. But like this other young qb's in the "Vick mold" with the strong arms and fast legs, will they ever be that truly elite level QB...I don't know.

But I think TB is more likely to become that guy based on his approach to the position.

Last edited by _King_; 03-30-2014 at 01:59 PM.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2014   #2268
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone believe the talk that TB will fall out of the 1st completely?

If so, why?
Old 04-04-2014   #2269
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

If so, why?

I don't know so much as I believe as I hope it happens so we can get him. There's a good number of teams that are set at QB and wouldn't take one w a high pick. Those of us that are not are picking high. It's possible but I don't know how likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #2270
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If so, why?
I doubt that. But I've been salivating at the thought of a trade down scenario where we could take Mack early. And then package our 2:1 and other picks to move up to get a Bridgewater/Bortles/Manziel if one slips.

Think getting Cleveland's #4 and #26 (problem is they'd probably take a QB off the board at #1)... Take Mack or Robinson and 4, then package the 26 plus our 2:1 to move up around St. Louis 13 territory to snag Bridgewater.

Wow
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014   #2271
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post

I'm just about there as well. Manziel could have early success for several reasons. But, as teams adjust, he gets injured, etc. it all could go sideways.
Old 04-05-2014   #2272
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If so, why?

All the TALK this time of year is just that TALK. It comes from writers or so called draft experts who have to constantly update and refresh their big boards in order to create interest/controversy to keep the hits on the company site high, which sells advertisement. If they stayed with the same list as they had at the end of the season, or even a month ago people would get bored with it since there's nothing new and hits on the site would go down, which is bad for the advertising dollars. In actuality these writers/draft experts have no more idea than you or I do or who gets drafted by whom. In fact we probably know the Texans players and needs better than the experts in N.Y. because we concentrate on our team and not on trying to follow the details of all 32 teams. Also much of the info. this time of year is created by the teams themselves in order to create smoke screens.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014   #2273
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've considered the fact that the talk might be draft misdirection put out by teams but I'm not sure to what end. Are some of the teams drafting late in the first trying to create doubt to force him down the board to them?
Old 04-05-2014   #2274
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've considered the fact that the talk might be draft misdirection put out by teams but I'm not sure to what end. Are some of the teams drafting late in the first trying to create doubt to force him down the board to them?
Of course, just like the Dolphins might have spread drug rumors about Dan Marino to get him to fall in the draft and the 49ers didn't pass the tapes of Jerry Rice to the other clubs. Teams are going to lie, cheat, and steal to try to get their guys.

They scout all the other teams and try to figure out how they're going to draft and who they're looking for. And then they run mock draft after mock draft trying to simulate as many different scenarios as they can.

As a team, you're putting out every sort of lie you can so that the other teams misinterpret what you're going to do and get all their scenarios screwed up.

And I think that happened to us in Rick Smith's first draft. They didn't think there was any way Amobi Okoye was going to fall to us and they were surprised when he did. They didn't know what to do but...he was the highest ranked guy on their board... so they took him without really getting enough background on him to really know if he was a good fit or not.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014   #2275
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

If so, why?
I don't. I've been saying all along his value is mid first round, I'll even add early-mid. If he drops out of the top 10, teams will start thinking about trading up to get him. If he makes it past 15, the teams that passed on him will think about trading back into the first to get him.

I like the later round guys.... McCarron, Murray.. but there hasn't been a lot of buzz about them. I think someone is going to see a lot of Value in Bridgewater & they're not going to let him fall to us in the second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Think getting Cleveland's #4 and #26 (problem is they'd probably take a QB off the board at #1)... Take Mack or Robinson and 4, then package the 26 plus our 2:1 to move up around St. Louis 13 territory to snag Bridgewater.

Wow
Actually I forgot they had late 1st round picks in addition to their high 1st round picks. They won't even have to trade back into bottom of the first, they're already there.

If they pass on a QB with their early pick, I think both teams will take a QB with their second.
Old 04-05-2014   #2276
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If they pass on a QB with their early pick, I think both teams will take a QB with their second.
If we pass on QB at 1-1 & Browns pass on QB at 1-4, they would be pressed into selecting a QB at 1-26...

and San Diego might be getting a call from the Texans.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #2277
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Playoffs!

Where's the tweet about TB meeting with the Texans?

Manziel and Bortles got one.
Old 04-07-2014   #2278
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Playoffs!

Where's the tweet about TB meeting with the Texans?

Manziel and Bortles got one.
I'll post it when I see one.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #2279
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And I think that happened to us in Rick Smith's first draft. They didn't think there was any way Amobi Okoye was going to fall to us and they were surprised when he did. They didn't know what to do but...he was the highest ranked guy on their board... so they took him without really getting enough background on him to really know if he was a good fit or not.
Still doesn't justify why they had Okoye rated over Willis.
Old 04-07-2014   #2280
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Still doesn't justify why they had Okoye rated over Willis.
Or Revis...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read