Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-24-2014   #2241
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
This is why you'd draft Teddy Bridgewater...

Teddy Bridgewater shows off his intelligence

That's the first time I've seen the poise he demonstrates on the field in this draft process. Get him into his element, into the game... that's where he's comfortable and where he wins.
I actually watched that live. I was very impressed with how he gave a short breakdown of what he's looking at pre snap. I was also surprised when he appeared to say that he adjusts his protection after the ball has been snapped.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #2242
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I actually watched that live. I was very impressed with how he gave a short breakdown of what he's looking at pre snap. I was also surprised when he appeared to say that he adjusts his protection after the ball has been snapped.
I think he meant he gives a dummy count to see if the defense adjusts when they think the ball is being snapped. If they do, he adjusts protection again before calling for the ball for real.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #2243
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Adjust protection after the ball has been snapped. Dam that is impressive. He is smart.
Old 03-24-2014   #2244
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I think he meant he gives a dummy count to see if the defense adjusts when they think the ball is being snapped. If they do, he adjusts protection again before calling for the ball for real.
He did state that he has a call post snap to adjust the protection to the pressure side , seems that would have to be made very quickly after the snap ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #2245
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
He did state that he has a call post snap to adjust the protection to the pressure side...
I think it's a pretty common call. It goes something like, "Son of a Btch!!"
Old 03-24-2014   #2246
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think we heard Blaine Gabbert use a variation of that except he was already running out of bounds. "Whoa, there, $$$$$$!"
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #2247
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
No, No.

He said he gave a "ringo" or "lucky" call after the ball is snapped to "re-direct" his offensive line if he gets unexpected pressure.

The offense I played in, in college was pretty sophisticated...but we didn't have any post snap calls...None...

The way TB explains it, he would make that call almost as soon as the ball was snapped. After he took his first step which is his "read" step. If he sees the safeties rotating, coming down..He knows that he might be getting pressure from that side so he makes the call if he has time.

Seems like a pretty watered down explanation overall, but you can tell he knows his stuff.
Sponsored links
Old 03-24-2014   #2248
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #2249
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, No.

He said he gave a "ringo" or "lucky" call after the ball is snapped to "re-direct" his offensive line if he gets unexpected pressure.

The offense I played in, in college was pretty sophisticated...but we didn't have any post snap calls...None...

The way TB explains it, he would make that call almost as soon as the ball was snapped. After he took his first step which is his "read" step. If he sees the safeties rotating, coming down..He knows that he might be getting pressure from that side so he makes the call if he has time.

Seems like a pretty watered down explanation overall, but you can tell he knows his stuff.
After watching it again, you're right. I glossed right over him saying that. I just assumed he meant after a dummy count because I've never heard of that.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #2250
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Teddy Bridgewater or Blake Bortles?

By Bill Barnwell for Grantland
Quote:
It will take courage and conviction for a team at the top of the draft like Jacksonville or Oakland to look past Bridgewater’s bad day to draft the guy who looked like he was the best quarterback prospect on most fall Saturdays during the past two years. And even then, that team might be wrong; it may very well turn out that the process correctly reveals Bortles to be a better option than Bridgewater. But I’m very suspicious that the process isn’t asking — or answering — the questions an NFL team should be interested in.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #2251
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Came here to post this, it's a pretty decent piece that brings up good points about what teams can and cannot see during the pre-draft process.
Old 03-25-2014   #2252
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't understand articles like these, or opinions that are similar.

"He had a bad pro day, so what, look at the film!"

Well, all the guys look good on film. That's why we're talking about them. They make it sound like Teddy looked good on film & the other guys looked like poo. But that's not the case. They all have good film & at least Bortles so far, had a good combine, & a good pro day as well.
Old 03-25-2014   #2253
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, all the guys look good on film...
You don't watch tape.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #2254
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
You don't watch tape.
You don't think Bortles/Manziel looked good on tape?

Or are you saying I should have said DVR?
Old 03-25-2014   #2255
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Watchespn.com, screw the DVR. All the games are there.
Old 03-25-2014   #2256
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There's a huge difference between over the air broadcasts and coaches film. If you want to see the difference just go find some of the All 22 film of NFL games and compare it to broadcasts. You can find Texans games in this format on a very small subforum on texanstalk if you look hard enough.

As far as I know, coaches film for NCAA games is not available to the average joe like it is for the NFL.
Old 03-25-2014   #2257
_King_
All Pro

OB said he thought TB's pro day was good. He said he saw that he'd worked on his footwork, and tightened up his release. He also said that you shouldn't have balls hitting the ground throwing to WR's you've been working with. But he said he saw some positive things at his pro day.
Old 03-25-2014   #2258
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite part of the TB Gruden Camp.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10670133
Old 03-26-2014   #2259
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just checking in to say I'm still ready for Teddy.

Wouldn't mind a side of Logan Thomas at 5:1 either.
Old 03-26-2014   #2260
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Just checking in to say I'm still ready for Teddy.

Wouldn't mind a side of Logan Thomas at 5:1 either.
I wouldn't mind thomas either if he's willing to play te

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read