Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-19-2014   #2201
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I think that's the real 'problem' with all of the guys this year. they have some things that can translate into being starting NFL QBs, but they really should not be drafted anywhere near the top of the 1st round.
QBs are drafted higher because they play the most important position. A very good QB is the hardest player to find. Taking a chance on a QB makes more sense than taking a chance on a LB or a RB. I think you've said yourself that finding a Tom Brady in the 6th round is an anomaly. They won't just fall in your lap.

It's rare that a QB prospect comes into the NFL without pimples. Once every 15 or 20 years? If you need a QB, you're going to have to take a chance. If you don't, another team will. Nearly every year, a good to very good QB comes out of the draft. The Texans need to do everything they can to find that guy.
Old 03-19-2014   #2202
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
QBs are drafted higher because they play the most important position. A very good QB is the hardest player to find. Taking a chance on a QB makes more sense than taking a chance on a LB or a RB. I think you've said yourself that finding a Tom Brady in the 6th round is an anomaly. They won't just fall in your lap.

It's rare that a QB prospect comes into the NFL without pimples. Once every 15 or 20 years? If you need a QB, you're going to have to take a chance. If you don't, another team will. Nearly every year, a good to very good QB comes out of the draft. The Texans need to do everything they can to find that guy.
MSR

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2203
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

The excuses bother me far more than the workout did. Not a fan of that stuff.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2204
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57863 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Teddy has some Magic Gloves....not to be confused with a Magic Bus.... I want it! I want it! I want it!
Old 03-20-2014   #2205
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Although I have cooled off on Teddy some in recent weeks, this nonsense about his weight fluctuation is stupid. He went from 214 to 208. For a grown man that is really not that significant of a flux. My weight can fluctuate 3-4 pounds in a single day due to hydration, last meal time, and latest bowl movement at time of weighing.

Obviously we all knew he would be as heavy as he could be at the combine, so a 6 pound drop is really insignificant. Teddy isn't a big guy, we have known that from the get go. Trying to make it seem like there is a difference in him playing at 208 or 214 is just as ridiculous as the butt smooching the so called "Teddy fanatics" do.

Regarding his actual performance at his pro day, he didn't look at his best no doubt. However, since Bridgewater's stock has been slowly declining on the last month and a half, I wouldn't expect the media to give him glowing review anyways unless he would have just flat out killed it.

This is how it goes every year; guys who stock has been on the decline almost always get average to poor reviews from pundits about their Pro Days...and guys who's stock has been on the up and up almost always get praised. This is because the media just wants to further validate the perception they have been spreading as of late.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #2206
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
Although I have cooled off on Teddy some in recent weeks, this nonsense about his weight fluctuation is stupid. He went from 214 to 208. For a grown man that is really not that significant of a flux. My weight can fluctuate 3-4 pounds in a single day due to hydration, last meal time, and latest bowl movement at time of weighing.

Obviously we all knew he would be as heavy as he could be at the combine, so a 6 pound drop is really insignificant. Teddy isn't a big guy, we have known that from the get go. Trying to make it seem like there is a difference in him playing at 208 or 214 is just as ridiculous as the butt smooching the so called "Teddy fanatics" do.
you need to pay attention to every detail. have you seen or watched him? in College he played under 200 almost 6-3. the combine he looked puffy, bloated, did not do much but what he did was less than impressive. he just has a narrow frame, one that will be difficult to add weight or core strength going against the big boys. its injury concern mostly, something you have to insure as your franchise investment.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #2207
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
you need to pay attention to every detail. have you seen or watched him? in College he played under 200 almost 6-3. the combine he looked puffy, bloated, did not do much but what he did was less than impressive. he just has a narrow frame, one that will be difficult to add weight or core strength going against the big boys. its injury concern mostly, something you have to insure as your franchise investment.
No, I haven't actually seen him, he's an asian guy right?

We have no idea what weight he played at during college, every needs to stop pretending they do.

He looked puffy? Bloated? Haha what, please show me a picture of this puffy little teddy bear, because everything I saw he looked pretty damn lean like he always has.

Like I said, we know he is an undersized QB and we have known that forever...yet people still want to try and make it relevant that he happened to be just a tiny tiny bit more undersized than he was a couple weeks ago.

Still, Teddy is no longer my #1 QB, a good friend of mine who had a brief stint in the NFL and played 4 years at A&M opened my eyes to a couple things on Teddy recently that changed my mind.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2014   #2208
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So I here some people didn't take it well when they found out about Teddy's Pro Day.

Check the link
That was AWSOME!!!!! Best one I've seen yet.
Old 03-20-2014   #2209
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Still, Teddy is no longer my #1 QB, a good friend of mine who had a brief stint in the NFL and played 4 years at A&M opened my eyes to a couple things on Teddy recently that changed my mind.
Please share.
Old 03-20-2014   #2210
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Reggie McNeal is a big time weed head.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #2211
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 60163 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53UMp-cKzEU

There is Teddys pro day. the camera guy was kind of crappy but you see a lot. I think he started off a little shaky but really got into rhythm after a few minutes. He is at best a 50% accuracy guy when throwing deep. So thats def. a weakness, but he does so many other things well. Gonna be a tough choice.
Old 03-21-2014   #2212
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Teddy Bridgewater moves past shaky pro day, calls himself a ‘servant leader’
Quote:
“The biggest reason I feel is I’m a servant leader,” he said. “I’m someone who wants to make everyone else around me better people, better players with nothing in return. I’m not looking for any recognition or anything like that. I’m a team player, someone that’s willing to go the extra mile, willing to come in early and go the opposite way. Not go in that locker room and try to win guys over but win guys over by going in that film room and that offensive room and learning the playbook right away, breaking down film, showing the guys that I understand what’s going on.

“Once guys see that you know your job, you know what you’re supposed to do, you’re responsible, then they’ll begin to trust you more. I feel that I have that capability. From a playing side, I feel that I’m an accurate passer, I’m smart with the football, I’m a winner. The past three years I was able to win I believe 30 games and I’ve made progress each year. Each year I’m just on a mission to become better and better.”

Once teams meet with Bridgewater, they’ll see it...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #2213
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
So, what are ya saying?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #2214
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
Vince Young likes sausage.

I don't exactly know what we're talking about. Just seemed like a good fit.
Old 03-21-2014   #2215
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Vince Young likes sausage.

I don't exactly know what we're talking about. Just seemed like a good fit.
A good friend of mine from Troy University opened my eyes on Vince Young. He is no longer the number one sausage lover on my board.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #2216
mussop
Hall of Fame

Blah blah blah add nauseam. This act is getting old. The time for talk is long over. He's had two chances to impress and failed both times.
Old 03-22-2014   #2217
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Blah blah blah add nauseam. This act is getting old. The time for talk is long over. He's had two chances to impress and failed both times.
Just curious,but do you think its more important to impress the organization at the pro day or the private workout? I know from my conversations with phil savage,pat kirwan,and others at the senior bowl, pro days are less than 10% of the evaluations. The combine is more important for the medicals than anything else.
Old 03-22-2014   #2218
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Lol because we all know a player can only be evaluated solely on their combine and pro day.

Old 03-22-2014   #2219
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Lol because we all know a player can only be evaluated solely on their combine and pro day.

Keep ignoring those red flags...
Old 03-22-2014   #2220
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Keep ignoring those red flags...
Its going to be one long April.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read