Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-18-2014   #2181
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Believe what your eyes are seeing and telling you.

Bill Walsh
I like this thought process.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2182
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The TB orgasmics while admitting TB had a bad pro day. But they will never admit that TB isn't 1-1.

Fair people say he still could be #1 but this had to hurt his chances.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2183
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

We sittin here, Teddy sposed' to be a franchise player and we in here talkin bout a Pro Day. I mean listen, we talkin bout a pro day...Not a game. Not a game. NOT a GAME! We talkin about a PRO DAY...not the game that Teddy goes out and dies for. And plays every game like its his last. NOT the game, we talkin about pro day man. I mean how silly is that? We talkin about pro days!!
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2184
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

i like teddy, but the more each day passes, the more i want khalil mack. he's is going to be a MONSTER.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2185
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...after-pro-day/

Not a surprise at all that the Texans the Texans talked with Teddy.
Old 03-19-2014   #2186
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans are truly undecided on who they are taking at pick 1, then some of the little side things will matter more in decision process than normal. Obviously, since most QBs knock pro days out of the park and he was at best ok that performance yesterday did not help, but how much did it hurt?
Old 03-19-2014   #2187
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28117 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
We sittin here, Teddy sposed' to be a franchise player and we in here talkin bout a Pro Day. I mean listen, we talkin bout a pro day...Not a game. Not a game. NOT a GAME! We talkin about a PRO DAY...not the game that Teddy goes out and dies for. And plays every game like its his last. NOT the game, we talkin about pro day man. I mean how silly is that? We talkin about pro days!!
Recollections of a coach talking about playoffs?
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-19-2014   #2188
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I don't know. I think he was channeling Allen Iverson there with his whole 'Practice' rant.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2189
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Here is what's being "referenced"
Old 03-19-2014   #2190
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
If the Texans are truly undecided on who they are taking at pick 1, then some of the little side things will matter more in decision process than normal. Obviously, since most QBs knock pro days out of the park and he was at best ok that performance yesterday did not help, but how much did it hurt?
I don't think a good pro day is a big deal. Doesn't add or take away, simply reaffirms what you should have already knew.

A bad pro day raises questions & when you're talking about the #1 overall pick, those questions are no small matter.

I didn't expect Teddy to have a bad pro day, but I was interested to see how he threw to specific routes outside the hashes. I mentioned a while back that there was a definite lack of out routes & deep fades in his "game film"

Watching his pro day showed me why. Of course you're going to design your offense around what your QB does well & they did so at Louisville for Teddy against lesser competition.

Watching Aj McCarron's pro day wasn't much different for me. I wasn't very pleased with how he threw on the same routes. But I can go back to his game film & see how he threw them in a real game situation.

Can Teddy get better? Sure he can, & he's going to have to. Otherwise, he's going to challenge Schaub's Pick 6 record early if he's allowed to play.
Old 03-19-2014   #2191
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I'm not trying to actually compare the two, but Bridgewater has a build and game much like Joe Montana. Thin, no big gun and not big on scrambling but moves well. Joe was picked in the 3rd round. Extreme and unfair example but both players were not easy on the eye with their pre draft workouts. Personally I wouldn't touch Bridewater in the first.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2192
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm not trying to actually compare the two, but Bridgewater has a build and game much like Joe Montana. Thin, no big gun and not big on scrambling but moves well. Joe was picked in the 3rd round. Extreme and unfair example but both players were not easy on the eye with their pre draft workouts. Personally I wouldn't touch Bridewater in the first.
I think that's the real 'problem' with all of the guys this year. they have some things that can translate into being starting NFL QBs, but they really should not be drafted anywhere near the top of the 1st round.
Old 03-19-2014   #2193
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

His management team needs to be fired or those advising him. Have too many red flags piling up despite impressed with his game tape. First there is the whole glove thing, small hands, throws without them Pro Day, makes you wonder why? does he need them? his weight fluctuation is crazy, he's up he's down, back up then down again. He decides not to compete @ the Combine on the biggest stage, a chance to match-up with his competition. he lets Bortles gain attention. much as I personally like the young man I think he is falling victim to bad advise & will that trend continue?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2194
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
His management team needs to be fired or those advising him...
I agree. Looks like they focused on gaining 25 lbs. for the Combine and forgot about what that might do to his mechanics. The kid had good tape at the lighter weight... let him be that guy. You've got to do a lot wrong to make TB worse as a flag-footballer than a college player.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2195
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
i like teddy, but the more each day passes, the more i want khalil mack. he's is going to be a MONSTER.
Mack is my favorite player at #1. Game changer.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2196
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

If Bridgewater stock keeps falling, we may be able to get him in the 2nd and Mack in the 1st.

santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2197
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
If Bridgewater stock keeps falling, we may be able to get him in the 2nd and Mack in the 1st.

Happened to Geno Smith last year, it could happen.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2198
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
Quote:
Said no gloves responsible for pro day issues. RT @NFL_CFB: Teddy Bridgewater to throw WITH glove during NFL workouts. http://on.nfl.com/1gAMBD8
Whoever allowed him to change for pro day should be fired.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2199
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

Whoever allowed him to change for pro day should be fired.
Blame it on the gloves....
Old 03-19-2014   #2200
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Blame it on the gloves....
Yeah....didn't he blame his weight fluctuation on a loss of appetite and sickness as well?

I don't like this trend.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read