Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-18-2014   #2161
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by agproducer View Post
Except Vick appears to have a stronger arm.
Vick has a strong largely useless arm because he is so inaccurate.
Old 03-18-2014   #2162
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think TB's people are protecting him from something . There's a bunch of watch the film and look at him disect a play going on to distract the audience from what they see in person .

Actually, after watching too much of all three quarterbacks, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of selecting McCarron or anybody else later in the draft. These Number one overalls are killing us.

santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2163
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
Actually, after watching too much of all three quarterbacks, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of selecting McCarron or anybody else later in the draft. These Number one overalls are killing us.

Yep ... the #1 overall pick should be an elite prospect . I think there are 2 in this draft and neither is a QB .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2164
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Yep ... the #1 overall pick should be an elite prospect . I think there are 2 in this draft and neither is a QB .
I am looking at WR Watkins and also like Mosley and Matthews as most risk free. I am hoping for trade down with Browns and using #4 on Watkins as franchise type play maker.
Old 03-18-2014   #2165
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
Teddy Bridgewater met with Texans this morning.

#Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater met with #Raiders, #Jaguars after pro-day workout.

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
Teddy Bridgewater this morning in Louisville with his mother, Rose Murphy. pic.twitter.com/ENMJXZX8yL
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2166
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is for the people who are souring on Teddy because of his pro day

Quote:
Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin blew away observers at their respective pro days. So did Geno Smith, Sam Bradford, Blaine Gabbert, JaMarcus Russell, Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf.

“I thought it was very average at best,” NFL Network draft guru Mike Mayock said.

Mayock was among the vocal supporters for Gabbert following Missouri’s pro day in 2011 — “The kid confirmed everything you want to see in a franchise quarterback. I thought he did as good as he could have.” It was Bradford who caught the eye of Mayock’s colleague, legendary NFL mind Gil Brandt, who said that the Oklahoma QB’s pro day was “the best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California.” ESPN’s Todd McShay had even higher praise for Russell, way back in 2007: “I can’t remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days. Russell’s passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I’ve been to.”
http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/17/teddy-b...014-nfl-draft/
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2167
Mollywhopper
Facilitator

Rep Power: 42914 Mollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respected

So I'm admittedly in the pro-Teddy camp. That said, has anyone considered that some guys just perform better against live ammo?
Mollywhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2014   #2168
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollywhopper View Post
So I'm admittedly in the pro-Teddy camp. That said, has anyone considered that some guys just perform better against live ammo?
You're asking people to use common sense, not everyone has that ability.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2169
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollywhopper View Post
That's why people are saying "Look at the tape" and "It's just practice."

He missed an opportunity to solidify himself as THE guy if he was already in the running.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2170
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

He missed an opportunity to solidify himself as THE guy if he was already in the running.
I think the gloves ( or lack of ) are an issue . His size is an issue and he got a bit of stage fright at his pro day . The guys who had a good pro day then bombed , excelled at the simple and when things got harder , they failed . Teddy is not the #1 overall pick .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2171
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
This is for the people who are souring on Teddy because of his pro day

Quote:
Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin blew away observers at their respective pro days. So did Geno Smith, Sam Bradford, Blaine Gabbert, JaMarcus Russell, Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/17/teddy-b...014-nfl-draft/
Of course the issue with that is the fact proday is just about mechanics and throwing. None of those players had physical issues. They had mental blocks or simply were lazy. So none of that is exposed on proday. Those guys can make all the throws but when under pressure they fizzled or some just plain quit. Well I excuse Bradford as he hasn't had a bad career thus far and was showing improvement before getting injured (once again) this past season.

In any case, many already said it is only one session and that there is still game film and the private workouts. Doesn't mean we can't evaluate the proday since that is the point of having it and why NFL personnel were there. You take it and add it to everything else. It isn't the final verdict.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2172
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Believe what your eyes are seeing and telling you.

Bill Walsh
Old 03-18-2014   #2173
Mollywhopper
Facilitator

Rep Power: 42914 Mollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

I agree, this could have been his opportunity to eliminate a few lingering questions there may be about him. But I also agree that his game film and interviews with gm's and coaches is likely to speak volumes more than his shorts and t-shirt dry run.

Like I said, some guys are just gamers. And I'm content with him being the "anti-Mike Mamula".
Mollywhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2174
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure glad he had Weinke to coach him up ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2175
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Sure glad he had Weinke to coach him up ...
OK.

I laughed.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2176
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120522 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

How funny people are saying it means nothing. THen why have a pro day at all? Of course it means something. It confirmed what a lot of people have been saying for awhile now. That he has problems with deep passes.

Another funny thing, people keep pointing out all the bad QB's that had good pro days. That's just it. Even the bad ones do good at their pro days. How about showing another top rated QB that had as disappointing a performance as Teddy's today.
Old 03-19-2014   #2177
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
How funny people are saying it means nothing. THen why have a pro day at all? Of course it means something. It confirmed what a lot of people have been saying for awhile now. That he has problems with deep passes.

Another funny thing, people keep pointing out all the bad QB's that had good pro days. That's just it. Even the bad ones do good at their pro days. How about showing another top rated QB that had as disappointing a performance as Teddy's today.
On the radio earlier they rattled off some names in both categories. I know they mentioned cam newton and nick foles as two guys who some scouts said weren't impressive at their pro days.

They read one scout who said Russell Wilson couldn't be a starter and his best fit was a back up. Tom Brady was far from impressive at the combine.

He's not a qb, but burfict had a bad combine and a bad pro day.

Bill Walsh said he wouldn't have taken manning in the first round. He'd have took another player and gone after griese in the second.

So some people will take the less than stellar pro day and it confirns what they think of said prospect. If you never liked him, this wouldn't help.

I think for those of us that do like him, we aknowledge that it was a bad showing, but aren't going to let a bad day tossing the ball around in tshirts override what all we've seen on film.

For those undecided, this very well could swing the pendulum.

Question is, where do the texans stand?

And people should just chill out a little bit. No one here is making any decisions and we won't have an outcome for a few years. And by then the level of angst will have resided and people won't care as much and most won't remember what poster said what about who.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2178
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Believe what your eyes are seeing and telling you.

Bill Walsh
I like this thought process.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2179
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The TB orgasmics while admitting TB had a bad pro day. But they will never admit that TB isn't 1-1.

Fair people say he still could be #1 but this had to hurt his chances.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #2180
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

We sittin here, Teddy sposed' to be a franchise player and we in here talkin bout a Pro Day. I mean listen, we talkin bout a pro day...Not a game. Not a game. NOT a GAME! We talkin about a PRO DAY...not the game that Teddy goes out and dies for. And plays every game like its his last. NOT the game, we talkin about pro day man. I mean how silly is that? We talkin about pro days!!
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read