Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Teddy Bridgewater

revan

Waterboy
I have a feeling this kid will be better than RG3 in the NFL. Wouldn't mind pilling a Colts and tank the season for this kid lol.

Depending on needs, but Clowney is the most talented player that I saw last yr.

Depends on how the season plays out but I could see both going #1. Look back to the Julius Peppers and HWSNBN draft. Hindsight we probably should've taken Peppers ha. I think Bridgewater is a better prospect than HWSNBN was. Clowny has been NFL ready for awhile now.

It'll be interesting.

To be honest I would be surprised too see clowney go top 3 if not top 5.

Bridgewater will no doubt be the #1 pick
To many sorry QB needy teams for him not to be and he is a superior talent unlike the drafts in the past other then luck rg3 and Wilson those are rare

QBs always get pushed up so bridgewater then possibly Boyd then I think Clowney
Remember Kuechly who I had really high went like 10th or something and Willia went 10th or so and even recently Star Lotulelei who was my number 1 overall player went 10th or so which was mind blowing to me.

The best player rarely goes number one for some reason dude too need and justification of slot pay

Clowney and bridgewater are clearly 1&2 but with QBs being the top of the need chart cuz you can't win without one I defiantly can see a scenario where clowney drops some.

A lot of DEs have been bust look like Tarzan play like Jane
Now let me say that I personally believe Cloeney is the real deal and I believe TE hype cuz he has good hustle and rare abilities he is truly a wonder

We will see how it all shakes put before you know it combine and then draft time

Clowney was having motor issues in the 4th of the UNC USCe game. He's very talented but I can see that becoming a thing if that happens more during the season.

For now, I'm taking Clowney over the rest.
These QBs are really good, but for me, it has the same feel as JJ Watt vs. the others.

We'll see if any of them really jumps out.

I have a feeling this kid will be better than RG3 in the NFL. Wouldn't mind pilling a Colts and tank the season for this kid lol.
I would rather win the Super Bowl and draft a very good QB at #32. See my 2014 mock.

I would for Boyd. Dude has played HUGE in big games. Teddy really has only had 1 big game in his entire career.

Check out his Cincinnati game last year when he played the whole game on one leg. Dude has a good arm, he's accurate, has some mobility, and tough as nails. He's also probably one of the smarter QBs in College Football. He's the total package.

I need to watch some more of clowney because atm I don't get the hype.

As far as who the number one pick will be how could you possibly k ow that without knowing what team will have the first pick or what their situation will be.

I love Boyd's game. Haven't watched bridgewater much. Next year might be a great year to think about trading up for the qb of the future.

Check out his Cincinnati game last year when he played the whole game on one leg. Dude has a good arm, he's accurate, has some mobility, and tough as nails. He's also probably one of the smarter QBs in College Football. He's the total package.

He looks the total package. Love what I have seen from him, I was just pointing out the difference in competition between the two guys.

I need to watch some more of clowney because atm I don't get the hype.

As far as who the number one pick will be how could you possibly k ow that without knowing what team will have the first pick or what their situation will be.

At halftime of the UH/Southern game, they had a little segment on Clowney, and he looked like the real deal.

I've watched most of his games last year.
I want that guy to replace Antonio Smith.
The Texans will look like the 85 Bears; no doubt about it.

At halftime of the UH/Southern game, they had a little segment on Clowney, and he looked like the real deal.

I've watched most of his games last year.
I want that guy to replace Antonio Smith.
The Texans will look like the 85 Bears; no doubt about it.

That would be awesome, but there's no way that guy falls all the way down to the 32nd pick.

That would be awesome, but there's no way that guy falls all the way down to the 32nd pick.

Just wishing, LOL!

I like Hopkins, but I really wished that the Texans had tried to trade for future draft picks. There are some really good football players in the next draft that we would have to trade up for.

@Rey & all, FYI:

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/8/28/4648518/jadeveon-clowney-south-carolina-football-gameplan?utm_source=sbnation&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

They line him up everywhere, even at the nose once in a while.

And BTW, he was playing the last game with a stomach virus.
If you watch the whole game, you can see all the game planning that was talked about in that article.
They had to really account for him.
Watch how UNC had to rely on the quick short games and running plays away from him. They were limiting their offense to avoid the Clowney's effect. But that didn't help; USC got out to a lead and never looked back.

If you pair Clowney with Watt, one of them is going to be in the opponent's backfield unless the offense keeps six to block at all times. If they do that, they will limit your offense a whole lot.

And BTW, he was playing the last game with a stomach virus.
If you watch the whole game, you can see all the game planning that was talked about in that article.
They had to really account for him.
Watch how UNC had to rely on the quick short games and running plays away from him. They were limiting their offense to avoid the Clowney's effect. But that didn't help; USC got out to a lead and never looked back.

He really didn't seem like that much of a force. I don't disagree that there was some planning around him, and I don't disagree that he's good. But if he plays the entire season like the UNC game he doesn't look deserving of the #1 overall pick. That's all I'm getting at.

I also don't feel like you're giving USC's offense enough credit in the first quarter. They ran roughshod over our D for that quarter.

I become less impressed with Bridgewater as I watch more of him. He floats the ball entirely too much, doesn't zip it in as often as you would like. That works against terrible completion, like Kentucky, but those passes are going to be contested/intercepted in the NFL. He makes some good throws, but they are rarely contested by the defense. Most of his throws are to pretty wide open guys. He's tough to evaluate, because they literally play nobody this year. This Kentucky game is arguably their most difficult matchup of the season, and Kentucky is arguably the worst team in the SEC.

Wow wished I had watched this one. Central Florida beats undefeated Louisville 38-35.

Bridgewater 2 TDs 326 yds

I watched the into the point that the game was 28-7 in favor of Louisville. Brdigewater had made several NFl level throws and CF looked over matched.

BTW, Louisvile has a couple of silly good safeties.

What about the QB from CF? How'd he do? He's a "sleeper" prospect right now but he might start getting on people's radars if he had a good game. Here's a quote from Daniel Jeremiah at NFL.com:

Central Florida QB Blake Bortles vs. Louisville

Bortles is one of the most underrated players in college football. The strong-armed junior quarterback rarely hears his name mentioned among the top guys at the position, but he is playing very well this season. He'll have a chance on Friday to get everyone's attention, as the Knights go on the road to take on eighth-ranked Louisville and its star passer, Teddy Bridgewater. So far this season, Bortles has thrown nine touchdown passes and just three interceptions. He has outstanding size (6-foot-4, 230 pounds), a strong arm, and enough athletic ability to extend plays.

Bridgewater was sharp this game. One of his best of the year against a pretty good defense. Louisville is just Louisville though at the end of the day. A good team that can compete with anyone on any given day, but not good enough to dominate week in a week out. Turnovers and some other mistakes killed them.

I don't know if there is a clear and consensus #1 pick right now, but he made some big time throws tonight to me. He's a more accurate and better deep ball passer than Geno Smith. I hate making that comparison, but they have pretty similar arm strength and similar mobility. Bridgewater has better pocket presence than Geno did this time last year though. I would say Teddy's a top 5 pick no questions asked IMO. He's one of those guys that just gives you the sense that you can trust that he's going to constantly work to improve and get better. That's the type of guy I want as a franchise QB. Not a finished product, but when he's on he has pinpoint accuracy.

I thought surely we had a Teddy thread but I guess not.

He's playing now against Cincinatti. He just threw a short completion that was turned into a TD after the run after catch.

TEDDY-GIRL.png

that's all you need to know about the guy.

He will never win a superbowl because of this.

We've been through the ringer with Carr and Schaub.

I dont think the fanbase can survive a cross dressing QB bust.

No harm done then.

He threw an almost pick earlier. The TD was a semi tight window, although not really.

Yea tried to do too much on the near pick. Was surprised he threw it because he's been really good this year with taking care of the ball and throwing it away in those situations. The 3rd down pass was off too. Very tight window and he almost hit it. Ball was a little low though.

Doesn't throw well running to his right.

Doesn't throw well running to his left.....hhmmm

Looks uncomfortable when rolling out to pass.

Gloves off, Gloves On, almost fumbles the snap

Another rollout to left, pass high and behind WR.

Takes a sack in RZ on 3rd DN. FG

INT w/ 1:00 min left

Last edited:
Yea tried to do too much on the near pick. Was surprised he threw it because he's been really good this year with taking care of the ball and throwing it away in those situations. The 3rd down pass was off too. Very tight window and he almost hit it. Ball was a little low though.

Yeah, only 3 picks on the year.

Not a very impressive 1st half. 6/14 for 86 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT.

TD was on a short pass that the WR broke for a 36-yard TD. Counted 2 drops on passes that were high but went right through receiver's hands. INT came on a comeback where his WR fell down. He's been pretty off regardless though. Thrown high on a lot of his passes and took a sack on 3rd down inside the 10. Probably the least impressive half I've seen him play all season.

Last edited:
Bridgewater hasn't looked good since the loss to UCF. Looking off today as well. Would pick Clowney over Bridgewater if the draft was now.

just threw a long wideout with little zip that should have been a pick six but DB dropped the ball.

Back