Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-09-2014   #241
agproducer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 agproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ McCarron

Anyone who is bashing Manziel for being in the limelight and is supporting McCarron saying he stays out of public view -- can stop that talk. McCarron being on a reality tv show seems to be seeking the spotlight as well.
agproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #242
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ McCarron ‏@10AJMcCarron
Quote:
I think it's funny how people think I am doing a tv show. I play football that's it! What my future wife does is her business
AJ's proposal will be aired on his future wife's reality TV show that he's not a part of.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #243
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
AJ McCarron ‏@10AJMcCarron

AJ's proposal will be aired on his future wife's reality TV show that he's not a part of.
Everyone hates him because he is good.
Old 04-13-2014   #244
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery...a-16693c185720

McCarron interview during his team visit at Jaguars... gets a surprise visitor.
Old 04-13-2014   #245
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery...a-16693c185720

McCarron interview during his team visit at Jaguars... gets a surprise visitor.
I thought Jj Watt was going to photobomb him...... turned out to be Clowney, maybe he is the right fit for the Texans
Old 04-24-2014   #246
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB
Quote:
McCarron reportedly called in sick to #Titans visit + team will not reschedule. http://on.nfl.com/1mJXATe
Old 04-24-2014   #247
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB
Cool....... didn't want to have to face him twice a year.
Old 04-24-2014   #248
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking if we could pick up maybe Mack and Nix with first two picks I would be fine with McCarron at 3:1

With him sitting a year or two ( unless he proves to be ready before then )
Old 04-24-2014   #249
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I'm thinking if we could pick up maybe Mack and Nix with first two picks I would be fine with McCarron at 3:1

With him sitting a year or two ( unless he proves to be ready before then )
Which of his weaknesses is going to take a year or two to fix? How would you go about trying to fix it?
Old 04-24-2014   #250
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Which of his weaknesses is going to take a year or two to fix? How would you go about trying to fix it?
I think it's going to take him that long And for the game to slow down enough for him

I don't think he has bigger warts necessarily than the others, tho I did see more of him, but I don't think any is ready to step in Day 1
Old 04-27-2014   #251
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

"There's not much more you can throw at him schematically this kid hasn't seen. He knows how to get you in the right play and manage the game and handle the pressure and play in front of the big crowds. McCarron is probably ready to hit the ground running Day 1. But I don't know that (he) ever takes another step in terms of that total development." – NFC scout
Old 04-27-2014   #252
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"There's not much more you can throw at him schematically this kid hasn't seen. He knows how to get you in the right play and manage the game and handle the pressure and play in front of the big crowds. McCarron is probably ready to hit the ground running Day 1. But I don't know that (he) ever takes another step in terms of that total development." – NFC scout
AJ would have AJ + Hopkins + Foster + Brown/Myers/Brooks. Give him a RT like Robinson with Quess at LG and he should be fine. Improve the D with a good SS, ILB and a nickle corner..wait I may be saying too much...
Old 04-29-2014   #253
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
That’s the #Cowboys spot RT @NFL_ATL: RT @NFL_CFB: AJ McCarron told he could be drafted as high as No. 16. http://on.nfl.com/1fMATX0
Old 04-29-2014   #254
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
I saw that tweet this morning and lol'd
Old 04-29-2014   #255
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
That’s the #Cowboys spot RT @NFL_ATL: RT @NFL_CFB: AJ McCarron told he could be drafted as high as No. 16. http://on.nfl.com/1fMATX0
Makes sense to me.

He's Bridgewater, but bigger, played for a bigger program in a bigger conference, in bigger games.

"But Bridgewater plays with more poise."

I don't know about that. McCarron has shown very good poise.

"But Bridgewater has a higher football IQ"

McCarron has a pretty high football IQ

"But Bridgewater is more accurate"

McCarron is pretty accurate himself.

I said from the get go, If I were the Texans I'm not thinking about a QB in the first, with 1-1 if I feel that I can get McCarron in the 3rd or 4th rounds. But if there was an inkling of a hint that anyone was looking at McCarron before 33, I'm taking him with the #1 overall pick.

He's Carson Palmer without the arm & I'd ideally like to take him between 6-10, but with so many QB needy teams in the top 10, I won't chance it.
Old 04-29-2014   #256
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Carson Palmer without the arm.

High praise indeed, run the draft card to the podium.
Old 04-29-2014   #257
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Makes sense to me.

He's Bridgewater, but bigger, played for a bigger program in a bigger conference, in bigger games.

I said from the get go, If I were the Texans I'm not thinking about a QB in the first, with 1-1 if I feel that I can get McCarron in the 3rd or 4th rounds. But if there was an inkling of a hint that anyone was looking at McCarron before 33, I'm taking him with the #1 overall pick.

He's Carson Palmer without the arm & I'd ideally like to take him between 6-10, but with so many QB needy teams in the top 10, I won't chance it.
Good thing you're NOT the texans.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014   #258
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Makes sense to me.

I'm not sure I'd take him in the first round but I'm with you in terms of going after this kid. I found some of his game tape on youtube and was really impressed with his pocket awareness and accuracy (a trait OB has routinely identifies as invaluable). I also value the ability to win in prospective QBs and Mccarron's showcased this ability extensively. Sure, he played for Saban and had top talent around him but that still doesn't overshadow the fact that he accrued just four losses over his career at Alabama. The guy takes his work very seriously and plays gritty in close games (the Auburn game in particular, even though they lost). I mean, he wouldn't even give up his place-holding duties on extra points in order to insure his team had the best opportunity to win week in and week out.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014   #259
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

The "ability to win" is made up bull****. That ability to win was called the Tide defense.
Old 04-30-2014   #260
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The "ability to win" is made up bull****. That ability to win was called the Tide defense.
Or Louisville's defense. #1 in the nation.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read