Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2013   #21
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Cuts are being leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Cierre Wood will replace Tate when he is gone, which could be next season. Not only that, Wood might eventually be our starter, God forbid Foster gets worn down. I know Wood can't pass block a beach ball, but neither could Foster when we first got 'im.

I have to agree with other posters that I will not miss Carmichael one bit.
Well he certainly fits the mold of a successful Texans starting back as he's come in as an undrafted free agent rookie. But did you see him catch the ball out of the backfield on the one play the other night, hey that was a skill didn't know he had ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Well he certainly fits the mold of a successful Texans starting back as he's come in as an undrafted free agent rookie. But did you see him catch the ball out of the backfield on the one play the other night, hey that was a skill didn't know he had ?
Now that you mention it, that was pretty sweet.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #23
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

so who are we targeting for the practice squad? chris jones is the standout to me, i think he's one that the coaches really want to groom but is definitely not NFL ready this season.
Old 08-31-2013   #24
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

The handwriting was on the wall when we signed Ed Reed. He not only lost his jersey but his job as well. Best of luck to him. I think he'll catch on somewhere. Might have been a different story if he could have stayed on the field but there's no question he was outplayed by Bouye by a significant margin.

This was a good move.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #25
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
so who are we targeting for the practice squad? chris jones is the standout to me, i think he's one that the coaches really want to groom but is definitely not NFL ready this season.
Myself as well. I thought he played a solid game vs. the patties. With a little more NFL experience I can see him holding a job somewhere.

Old 08-31-2013   #26
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
The handwriting was on the wall when we signed Ed Reed. He not only lost his jersey but his job as well. Best of luck to him. I think he'll catch on somewhere. Might have been a different story if he could have stayed on the field but there's no question he was outplayed by Bouye by a significant margin.

This was a good move.
Who are you talking about??
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #27
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Pretty sure he's talking about Roc.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2013   #28
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Why is Roc's job affected by the Ed Reed signing in any way?
Old 08-31-2013   #29
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ummmmm....... I don't know if I can answer that one for him. But I think he was saying they took his jersey number from him and then he went on to be outplayed???? No se senor on that one.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #30
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ummmmm....... I don't know if I can answer that one for him. But I think he was saying they took his jersey number from him and then he went on to be outplayed???? No se senor on that one.
I thought maybe I was missing something.
Old 08-31-2013   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I'm figuring 2 more O-linemen, 2 more LBs, and a DB will still be cut.
Well, unless Kubiak keeps 2 QBs after all.

At LB I can't see Tuggle and Jefferson making it. Mercilus, Reed, Williams, and Montgomery are there for sure. That leaves Braman, Jefferson, and Tuggle. Unless they just keep 3 regular ILBs and plan on shifting Reed there if needed I would think 2 of those 3 would go.
If they make cuts based on merit rather than draft status, then Tuggle/Braman/Jefferson showed the most in preseason and have just as much promise for the future as Montgomery and Williams, if not more so.

Montgomery should go on IR and Williams should be waived and hopefully put on the PS.

Williams played against lower levels of competition in college and looked like an all star against 2nd/3rd teamers, but will never be a great pass rusher. He reminds me of Antwaan Peek.

Braham/Jefferson/Tuggle will also help upgrade ST's. IMHO
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #32
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If they make cuts based on merit rather than draft status, then Tuggle/Braman/Jefferson showed the most in preseason and have just as much promise for the future as Montgomery and Williams, if not more so.

Montgomery should go on IR and Williams should be waived and hopefully put on the PS.

Williams played against lower levels of competition in college and looked like an all star against 2nd/3rd teamers, but will never be a great pass rusher. He reminds me of Antwaan Peek.

Braham/Jefferson/Tuggle will also help upgrade ST's. IMHO
I should have been more clear. I think Tuggle, Braman, and Jefferson have outplayed and deserve the roster spots. I just don't know if they would cut bait on a 3rd and a 4th rounder from this season. I would rather see Montgomery on IR and Williams on PS with the UDFA group on the roster. I just don't know if it would happen.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I find myself hoping that we hang on to Andy Cruse (obviously most likely in a PS capacity for now) and not caring all that much whether we hang on to Keshawn Martin. I think what we've seen from Martin so far is starting to look like it might be all we ever get out of him.
Old 08-31-2013   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I find myself hoping that we hang on to Andy Cruse (obviously most likely in a PS capacity for now) and not caring all that much whether we hang on to Keshawn Martin. I think what we've seen from Martin so far is starting to look like it might be all we ever get out of him.
If it weren't for ST's Martin would have very little value. 4/5th WR if that.

Looks like Rick/Gary whiffed on Martin. I'm biased against Big 10 WR's. They are talented but struggle with the physicality of the NFL.

I guess batting 50% on Big 10 Wr's in one draft is pretty good considering they usually bust.

I hope Posey stays healthy though.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #35
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I completely agree with you.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #36
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
See below...

Quote:
Correct

Quote:
I apologize for not being clearer. In my convoluted way of thinking Ed's another DB in the mix who we know for sure isn't going anywhere so that automatically takes up a DB roster spot. Granted he's a safety not a CB so that is probably somewhat of a stretch, my bad. I was just thinking first he lost his jersey, now he lost his job. So in answer to your question, true it was Bouye that displaced him, a CB, not a safety so I can see how it could be confusing.

Just the way my mind works sometimes. Again, sorry for the confusion. I won't ever do it again. (Yeah, right )

Old 08-31-2013   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Between the two (and, of course, we've only seen a limited amount of Cruse), I'm also convinced we've seen all we're ever going to see from Martin......and we've only seen a teaser of what we can expect from Cruse with his glue hands and great routes.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #38
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
See below...

Correct

I apologize for not being clearer. In my convoluted way of thinking Ed's another DB in the mix who we know for sure isn't going anywhere so that automatically takes up a DB roster spot. Granted he's a safety not a CB so that is probably somewhat of a stretch, my bad. I was just thinking first he lost his jersey, now he lost his job. So in answer to your question, true it was Bouye that displaced him, a CB, not a safety so I can see how it could be confusing.

Just the way my mind works sometimes. Again, sorry for the confusion. I won't ever do it again. (Yeah, right )
No worries, I thought maybe Roc was getting time at safety or something and I missed it.
Old 08-31-2013   #39
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad to hear about Cierre Wood, he definitely earned a spot.
Old 08-31-2013   #40
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
right there with you on martin. my worry is that we're going to hang on to him too long anyway because he seems to be a great monday through saturday player. kubiak has a strong affinity for players who practice well and martin is one of those guys it appears. hopefully someone like cruse or lemon take another step next season and make martin an easy cut.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read