Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2013   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Cuts are being leaked

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...ive-moves-left

Quote:
Texans cuts tracker: Five moves left

The Texans won't officially announce their cuts until Saturday but they started to leak on Friday.

Veteran Deji Karim, who appeared to be in the lead for the third-string running back job, has been waived, a league source confirmed. It appears Cierre Wood has won that job. KHOU's Bob Allen first reported Karim was waived.

Rookie sixth-round pick Alan Bonner, who has been dealing with a hamstring injury, has been placed on the Injured Reserve. The rookie's season is over before it started.

Sixth-round pick Chris Jones is also among the cuts, CSN Houston has confirmed. Jones, a rookie from Bowling Green, played well on Thursday night after missing two games with a calf strain. ESPN's Tania Ganguli first reported that Jones was cut.

Cornerback Roc Carmichael has been waived by the Texans, according to a league source. He lost his job when A.J. Bouye made the roster.

Dennis Johnson (according to NFL Network) and Jawanza Starling (according to Yahoo) have been waived.

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the following players have also been waived: Nate Menkin, Keith Browner, Delano Johnson, Jake Byrne, Tyler Clutts, Tyler Horn, Alex Kuppper, Cameron Collins, Ohrian Johnson, Mike Mohamed and EZ Nwachukwu.

That means there are five moves left to make.

"It's no fun," head coach Gary Kubiak said on Friday about making cuts.

Bouye and Willie Jefferson both tweeted that they made the 53-man roster on Friday. It's also been reported that undrafted rookies Wood and Justin Tuggle have made the team.

All NFL teams must reduce their rosters to 53 players by the deadline of 5 p.m. on Saturday.
Great to see they held onto Willie, Tuggle and Cierre. I guess they hated the fact that Deji ran that kick back on us. Put him through the whole camp and cut at the end for an undrafted FA.

I guess now it's on to the receivers...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #2
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Cuts are being leaked

Cornerback Roc Carmichael has been waived by the Texans, according to a league source. He lost his job when A.J. Bouye made the roster. Best news all day!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I am happy Wood is still here, he just looks the part.

Bouye is a project with upside, Carmichael doesnt have any.

Willie sure flashed, happy he is on the radar.

And I tell you what, Muir made me look him up a few times this pre season, he seemed on another level vs the other teams backups. Wonder if he is why Jones is gone?

If these guys turn out, our depth just got DEEP.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #4
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post

And I tell you what, Muir made me look him up a few times this pre season, he seemed on another level vs the other teams backups. Wonder if he is why Jones is gone?

Muir had me at the first practice. That guy was playing in the offensive backfield when the ball was snapped. He may wear down over the season, but he sure looks fresh right now, and he'll be a rotational dl. Jones just really didn't impress me that much. He needs to put on some size.
Old 08-31-2013   #5
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post

I'm figuring 2 more O-linemen, 2 more LBs, and a DB will still be cut.
Well, unless Kubiak keeps 2 QBs after all.

At LB I can't see Tuggle and Jefferson making it. Mercilus, Reed, Williams, and Montgomery are there for sure. That leaves Braman, Jefferson, and Tuggle. Unless they just keep 3 regular ILBs and plan on shifting Reed there if needed I would think 2 of those 3 would go.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #6
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I focused on Muir a few snaps last night and didn't like what I saw. It was honestly down right terrible. He may have been a little winded, but he got blown off the ball a few times. Bad technique and terrible effort.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #7
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I focused on Muir a few snaps last night and didn't like what I saw. It was honestly down right terrible. He may have been a little winded, but he got blown off the ball a few times. Bad technique and terrible effort.
Yeah, I saw that. He'll kill it in rotation though. Gotta keep that big guy fresh. He's a big boy at 29 years of age. That preseason grind is getting to him. Let's see how he does in the reg season
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2013   #8
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55057 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was really impressed with Wood - he won me over, and I was hoping he would get the 3rd RB position.
Old 08-31-2013   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I'm figuring 2 more O-linemen, 2 more LBs, and a DB will still be cut.
Well, unless Kubiak keeps 2 QBs after all.

At LB I can't see Tuggle and Jefferson making it. Mercilus, Reed, Williams, and Montgomery are there for sure. That leaves Braman, Jefferson, and Tuggle. Unless they just keep 3 regular ILBs and plan on shifting Reed there if needed I would think 2 of those 3 would go.
Don't forget they can still IR players .... Brendan Williams (I think he went to IR) , Sam Montgomery & Trevardo Williams are prime candidates as they didn't show much in preseason due to injury. Hiding any of those non-contributors opens up a spot elsewhere.

They could also deal one of Yates or Keenum for draft considerations .... among others. Not that its imminent , just possible.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #10
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I was really impressed with Wood - he won me over, and I was hoping he would get the 3rd RB position.
I get a very Larry Johnson type of vibe when I watch Cierre Wood run. Dude is so patient with excellent vision. Just peels behind blockers and finds his hole, very few negative plays.
Old 08-31-2013   #11
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 10591 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

They could also deal one of Yates or Keenum for draft considerations .... among others.
id trade schaub instead and start keenum AND yates.
just like in preseason vs. cowboys.
Old 08-31-2013   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I get a very Larry Johnson type of vibe when I watch Cierre Wood run. Dude is so patient with excellent vision. Just peels behind blockers and finds his hole, very few negative plays.
His patience is exceptional .... but the way he gets north / south is just as exceptional.

& he doesn't scare the pants off of me swinging the ball all over the place in traffic!.

Old 08-31-2013   #13
Mr.Scarface
Rookie

Rep Power: 1714 Mr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
id trade schaub instead and start keenum AND yates.
just like in preseason vs. cowboys.
And that's why you are not an NFL coach.
Mr.Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #14
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 10591 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface View Post
And that's why you are not an NFL coach.
lol, and you are?

settle down, boy. no need to put anons down.
Old 08-31-2013   #15
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
His patience is exceptional .... but the way he gets north / south is just as exceptional.

& he doesn't scare the pants off of me swinging the ball all over the place in traffic!.
Mr. Corrosion while I disagree with you on certain avenues, I think you're very much on point with your analysis here.
Old 08-31-2013   #16
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Cierre Wood was never the type of back at Notre Dame that I thought would be able to play in this league based on what I saw from him there. He was JAG to me (Just another guy). He's shown me that he has some potential and flashes a little more speed than I thought he had. This is one of those cases where I'm glad I was wrong.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Mr. Corrosion while I disagree with you on certain avenues, I think you're very much on point with your analysis here.
I might take a jab at you (& others occasionally) but it aint meant on a personal level .... If we cant have a conversation and disagree about sh!t , we may as well be talking to ourselves - and that gets us nowhere!

Old 08-31-2013   #18
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41467 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

If 4 undrafted rookies make this team, well that's quite a surprise given that this is a roster of a returning playoff team which is obviously quite talented to say the least.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cierre Wood will replace Tate when he is gone, which could be next season. Not only that, Wood might eventually be our starter, God forbid Foster gets worn down. I know Wood can't pass block a beach ball, but neither could Foster when we first got 'im.

I have to agree with other posters that I will not miss Carmichael one bit.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 139472 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't forget they can still IR players .... Brendan Williams (I think he went to IR) , Sam Montgomery & Trevardo Williams are prime candidates as they didn't show much in preseason due to injury. Hiding any of those non-contributors opens up a spot elsewhere.

They could also deal one of Yates or Keenum for draft considerations .... among others. Not that its imminent , just possible.
I can see keeping Montgomery but if Williams isn't a beast on special teams , I wouldn't worry if he got cut .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read