Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2013   #301
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans @Cowboys 8/28 preseason game discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Uh oh......I think you should put him on the IR just to be safe.

Quote:
Chris HDH ‏@HoustonDiehards 7m
I know every1 is sick of the bulls on parade thing but the fact that it just got played IN DALLAS as Texans hit victory formation is AWESOME

Retweeted by Stephanie Stradley
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #302
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
IR stash
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #303
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That's what I'm thinking. He needs to settle down and focus. Become more of a "Pro" in Kubiak speak and that's pretty accurate. I think this year it's Foster/Tate/Wood and next year if Tate goes somewhere else it might become Foster/Wood/Johnson if DJ can turn it around.
I would love it if Wood made the roster, but Deji Karim not getting a single snap makes me think Kubiak has already decided to keep him as the #3 back. The only way Wood makes this team is if Houston keeps 4 RB's.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #304
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I would love it if Wood made the roster, but Deji Karim not getting a single snap makes me think Kubiak has already decided to keep him as the #3 back. The only way Wood makes this team is if Houston keeps 4 RB's.

I see your point and admit it seems likely to be true. I hope it isn't though. I didn't see all that much in Karim and think Wood made a consistent case for being the better choice.
Old 08-29-2013   #305
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I see your point and admit it seems likely to be true. I hope it isn't though. I didn't see all that much in Karim and think Wood made a consistent case for being the better choice.
I agree, I've been impressed with Wood since game #1. If it was my decision Wood would be the #3 RB on this team. I just think if it wasn't decided Karim would have gotten a few carries of his own tonight.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #306
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can they give Wood the Alec Lemon treatment (i.e IR stash)? Because he's not clearing waivers, I can tell you that.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #307
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I agree, I've been impressed with Wood since game #1. If it was my decision Wood would be the #3 RB on this team. I just think if it wasn't decided Karim would have gotten a few carries of his own tonight.
I'd keep 4 RBs, including Wood. Karim is a change of pace back, but if something happened to Foster or Tate, Wood leap-frogs Karim.
Old 08-29-2013   #308
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Johnson's fumble derailed Keenum's series and interfered with the QB evaluation. I think that pissed off Kubiak more than anything.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #309
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Johnson's fumble derailed Keenum's series and interfered with the QB evaluation. I think that pissed off Kubiak more than anything.
Johnson has had several ball security issues in practice and in games , that fumble and muffed punt .... pissed me off.

I liked Wood more than Johnson from day one .... Really like the way he follows / reads blockers , makes a cut and gets north & south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd keep 4 RBs, including Wood. Karim is a change of pace back, but if something happened to Foster or Tate, Wood leap-frogs Karim.
Tough call to keep 3 QB's and 4 RB's .... at the expense of what position (besides WR that is only keeping 5) do you cut a guy for Wood ?!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #310
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Johnson has had several ball security issues in practice and in games , that fumble and muffed punt .... pissed me off.

I liked Wood more than Johnson from day one .... Really like the way he follows / reads blockers , makes a cut and gets north & south.

Tough call to keep 3 QB's and 4 RB's .... at the expense of what position (besides WR that is only keeping 5) do you cut a guy for Wood ?!

The thing is that all the RB's are told from day one: Don't dance. See the lane and go.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #311
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36629 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the best post from the Dallas cowboy fan forum
gameday thread for this game:

"We've got Burger King employees,Texans have future starters for other teams "

HA!

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #312
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

HA!

TJ
Awesome.
Old 08-30-2013   #313
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
No doubt. Then when you add 6 DBs, 9 OL, 6 DL, 9 LBs... it gets daunting.

I'll try to put together my 53 but if I have to, I'd cut Karim though I like what he brings.
Old 08-30-2013   #314
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

HA!

TJ
I didn't watch the game, is that what y'all thought as well? That our talent was just that much better than theirs? Or was our guys more organized, better coached?
Old 08-30-2013   #315
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't watch the game, is that what y'all thought as well? That our talent was just that much better than theirs? Or was our guys more organized, better coached?
Both really. Dallas is in pretty bad shape. Houston is a contender. Half of our backups would start on Dallas.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #316
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Both really. Dallas is in pretty bad shape. Houston is a contender. Half of our backups would start on Dallas.
Honestly, I take nothing from this game. 3rd and 4th stringers...many who will get cut..running around. It doesn't make Boys bad or Texans good. Doesn't show a lot of talent that will be out there either. I think my Boys have a chance to be around 10-6 this year if healthy and new D clicks like preseason before last night. They also could be 7-9. I also don't buy that this is a Texans SB team. With Schaub at the helm and some guys aging, I think the small window closed and this is another playoff team that goes out early. Both teams have a wide range of "what ifs." JMO.
Old 08-30-2013   #317
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, both Williams' will be IR'd. I think B. Williams was favoring his leg most of his playing time and his performance proved it.

I'm not sure what the heck to do with this Montgomery cat. He'd be a waste of a roster spot right now. He played the run a little better last night

I thought Quess had a good game. He seems to get over-extended on occasion and totally loses his feet. He's going to be a good one for a long time when that's cleaned up.

Chris Jones was pretty disruptive. Looked good

Sure wished one of the rooks could've stepped up at OLB. Braman's just not going to be the guy. I'm not a fan of giving a roster spot to a STs guy

I think Kubiak made it obvious his RB corps is set by not giving Karim touches. Foster, Tate, Karim and one of the UDFAs on the PS
Old 08-30-2013   #318
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Honestly, I take nothing from this game. 3rd and 4th stringers...many who will get cut..running around. It doesn't make Boys bad or Texans good. Doesn't show a lot of talent that will be out there either. I think my Boys have a chance to be around 10-6 this year if healthy and new D clicks like preseason before last night. They also could be 7-9. I also don't buy that this is a Texans SB team. With Schaub at the helm and some guys aging, I think the small window closed and this is another playoff team that goes out early. Both teams have a wide range of "what ifs." JMO.

We'll see.

At no time during the season did I think the Colts were playing as good as anyone in football. Same for the Bengals, same for the Vikings. Just because they got in, I didn't think they were "Super Bowl Contenders"

The Texans? No doubt, if they could get back to playing the way they had earlier in the season.... they could have won it all. I felt the same about the Patriots, the 9ers, etc...

I too worry that our window is closing, but it's too early to say it's closed.

The Cowboys. I'm not a hater. When I saw Demarco Murray emerging two years ago there was no doubt in my mind the Cowboys could do some damage. Romo, like Schaub, can't be expected to throw the ball 600 times & win games for you. They are both above average QBs, but they'll never be great. They need help. Get a lead, then run out the clock.

But even last year, if they could have won the last game of the season, I'd have thought they were the most dangerous team in the play offs. But they lost, again, for the second year in a row. Lost the division @ week 17............ smh.
Old 08-30-2013   #319
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141321 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I KNOW it's just pre-season but
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #320
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We'll see.

At no time during the season did I think the Colts were playing as good as anyone in football. Same for the Bengals, same for the Vikings. Just because they got in, I didn't think they were "Super Bowl Contenders"

The Texans? No doubt, if they could get back to playing the way they had earlier in the season.... they could have won it all. I felt the same about the Patriots, the 9ers, etc...

I too worry that our window is closing, but it's too early to say it's closed.

The Cowboys. I'm not a hater. When I saw Demarco Murray emerging two years ago there was no doubt in my mind the Cowboys could do some damage. Romo, like Schaub, can't be expected to throw the ball 600 times & win games for you. They are both above average QBs, but they'll never be great. They need help. Get a lead, then run out the clock.

But even last year, if they could have won the last game of the season, I'd have thought they were the most dangerous team in the play offs. But they lost, again, for the second year in a row. Lost the division @ week 17............ smh.
I don't disagree with anything you said! At all. Nice work

Cowboys have talent. Offense especially. And I think Romo catches way too much heat if you really look at the stats and what he has done with that O-line. The one year they won a playoff game they had a top running game. Since then they have had talented backs and no line and thus had one of the worst running games. As you said Romo can't throw that often. So they can be a contender or a joke. It's that wide a margin.

As for the Texans, you are probably right that it isn't all the way closed but I think the last 2 years with many teams down were the years to take advantage of it. Andre has miles and so does Foster. This year I think there are some teams catching up in the division and in the AFC. So yeah they have a shot, I just think things have to go perfect.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read