Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2013   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Positives and negatives.

Glad to see Cushing back!

Good competition at QB.

Some concern on the O-line, but they did have a good test.
They need to get better here for the Texans to be a real contender.

Your thoughts?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Positives and negatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Glad to see Cushing back!

Good competition at QB.

Some concern on the O-line, but they did have a good test.
They need to get better here for the Texans to be a real contender.

Your thoughts?
Ben Jones was owned.....almost looked like Brown was baby sitting and leaving his post (shifting to the point it affected his game somewhat) to help, and Newton looked slow and clumsy.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
Quote:
"He got a concussion. I don't know what play it happened on exactly. He's doing fine now." Kubiak on WR DeAndre Hopkins
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 97190 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Tannehill tore up our D with ease. I'm worried about the unit, as a whole. I know it's preseason, but dayum.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

He doesn't know on what play it happened????
Old 08-17-2013   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Dang, NO!
Old 08-17-2013   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Ben Jones was owned.....almost looked like Brown was baby sitting and leaving his post (shifting to the point it affected his game somewhat) to help, and Newton looked slow and clumsy.
I need to go back and watch the line play.
But this is why I will confess that I want a QB who can get the ball off.
You have to plan for good play by the defense from time to time.
It's going to happen.
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2013   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

The play it happened in was the last catch he made when his shoulder and head hit the ground hard............Kubiak, I know you don't watch field goals..........but you do watch the rest of the game, don't you????
Old 08-17-2013   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Tannehill tore up our D with ease. I'm worried about the unit, as a whole. I know it's preseason, but dayum.
I'm not too concerned, yet.
But I have a question; how does JJo look to you guys?
Old 08-17-2013   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 129044 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Nuk injury is no good.

RB play is great. I think we're set up pretty nice for next year when Tate leaves.

OL has issues.

Lots of positives along the DL.

JJ played 2 snaps, not overly concerned about the play of the D. We will see them next week for sure.

DJ looked good. Confident. Layed out TE Keller. Clean hit.

Good QB2 battle. Case impressed me. TJ looked good.

WR interest me.

OLB looks mighty shaky still.

P Shapiro - someone is going to sign that dude. He's booming punts.

K Bullock looks good. Found it odd that the holder was Lechler but he didn't punt at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #11
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
The long drive in the 2nd Quarter came against Houston's 2nd string defense.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The play it happened in was the last catch he made when his shoulder and head hit the ground hard............Kubiak, I know you don't watch field goals..........but you do watch the rest of the game, don't you????
I'll be honest, I watched the replay from a distance, so I can't tell what was going on. Can you describe it?
Old 08-17-2013   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Man, I have no idea which RB we're going to keep as the third string.

Papal is impressed with Keenum's play, woohoo!

I didn't worry hardly about Swearinger in the last game.
He will come along the more experience he has.
Old 08-17-2013   #14
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

My boy jean looked good !

Case looked good.

Secondary left me scratching my head.

The new screens in the stadium looked good.

Texans cheerleaders looked hot...

Just happy football is back !
Old 08-17-2013   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quess looked to me to have a good game.

Our TEs are good. Byrne blocks & catches.

Keshawn gave us what he was showing in camp. Lestar stepped in nicely.

Mays did not impress.

Newton was a turnstile early.

Deji Kareem looked good.

Bullock's 46 yarder landed high on the net.

Sloppy 1st quarter.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense not up to par, but I'm not going to worry about it just yet.

We have a good battle for the backup QB position.

Lower deck RBs and receivers look to make some good depth.

When are we supposed to see this wonderful fantastic punter we got from Oakland?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

For the most part, I agree the other receivers like Jean and Martin stepped up today.

Griffin sure looks like he demands more playing time.
I always know he can be efficient in the passing game, but he's been showing more than I thought.
He's making it awfully hard for the PS TEs now.
Old 08-17-2013   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Defense not up to par, but I'm not going to worry about it just yet.

We have a good battle for the backup QB position.

Lower deck RBs and receivers look to make some good depth.

When are we supposed to see this wonderful fantastic punter we got from Oakland?
I think Kubiak is giving Shapiro all the opportunities to make it on another team.
That's a good strategy for the long term.
It also tells the guys that, hey, keep working hard.
You really make your own opportunity.
The ball is in your hand, or leg ... OK, never mind, LOL!
Old 08-17-2013   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Positives: Our passing game looks unstoppable. Our Dline and Cush looking like monsters. Swearinger stepped up and straight up balled tonight.

Negatives: No run game (starters). Non existent OLBing core, our special teams still suck.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #20
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Positives.

Yates & Keenum - Hard not to be impressed by both guys tonight. I was really liking what I saw from Keenum tonight. He was quick getting rid of the ball and was accurate on most of his throws, but I think Yates might have outdone him.

Cierre Wood & Deji Karim - Karim easily looked the best among all of the RB's tonight. He's got nice speed to the outside. I was still impressed with Cierre Wood, though I was a bit disappointed he didn't play until the 4th. He has nice vision and every time he's handed the ball he gets positive yards: Something very few of our RB's have been able to do yet.

D.J. Swearinger - Love what I saw from this guy today. He just seems to always be around the ball.

The WR's - They all looked good as a group tonight. I don't recall any drops and they all got in on the action.

Trevardo Williams - Two sacks tonight.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read