Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Watching games abroad

I need my football fix, but there aren't any bars that broadcast games. Internet is spotty here. It's hard to maintain a steady stream.

Reading and watching recaps is deflating. Shall I Rip Van Winkle the rest of the season?
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Watching games abroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
I need my football fix, but there aren't any bars that broadcast games. Internet is spotty here. It's hard to maintain a steady stream.

Reading and watching recaps is deflating. Shall I Rip Van Winkle the rest of the season?

No sir... Keep fighting the good fight and get Texans football whenever you can, as annoying the internet may be.
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40896 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post

If you want I can suggest you some forum where you can find link to the games, they are not live tho.

and you need to download them, not stream.

If that's fine with you let me know
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Where overseas? I've just been through this for almost 5 years, but I'm military so I have access to AFN. It's not great, but they play Texans games here and there. Other than that, you just have to deal with it.
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_FL View Post
Where overseas? I've just been through this for almost 5 years, but I'm military so I have access to AFN. It's not great, but they play Texans games here and there. Other than that, you just have to deal with it.
Has a friend or your family setup a slingbox and give you control that cable box. Then you can watch it remotely and whatever else they have on their cable box.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Has a friend or your family setup a slingbox and give you control that cable box. Then you can watch it remotely and whatever else they have on their cable box.
Heard of them, but never set one up. We just kind of made do. I just left from overseas so don't have to deal with it any more.
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL gamepass is a great option. I have a friend here in the US that uses a proxy server to connect to it and it only costs him like $70 for all of the Texans games of the year. I think that if you try to buy the rest of the year right now you can get it for like 30 bucks or less (I know... two whole games). I think he said that HK and Singapore have the best prices... but I'm not positive.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
NFL gamepass is a great option. I have a friend here in the US that uses a proxy server to connect to it and it only costs him like $70 for all of the Texans games of the year. I think that if you try to buy the rest of the year right now you can get it for like 30 bucks or less (I know... two whole games). I think he said that HK and Singapore have the best prices... but I'm not positive.

Mike
Gamepass is not live though if you want them live, there is no real good option other than directv as they own the rights for live game online.

http://www.directv.com/sports/nfl

Old 1 Week Ago   #9
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40896 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gamepass is not live though if you want them live, there is no real good option other than directv as they own the rights for live game online.

http://www.directv.com/sports/nfl
are you sure gamepass is not live?

I watched the superbowl live on gamepass last year for 8

but I didn't use any proxy

also I have to say gamepass quality is rather sh!tty for its price.

If I want to watch the texans games it's like 180 (full season, no playoffs, I'm not sure about the cost but that's the range)
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
are you sure gamepass is not live?

I watched the superbowl live on gamepass last year for 8

but I didn't use any proxy

also I have to say gamepass quality is rather sh!tty for its price.

If I want to watch the texans games it's like 180 (full season, no playoffs, I'm not sure about the cost but that's the range)
it depends on the region, in the US I am like 99% sure it is, if you are overseas the broadcast rights might change.

Old 6 Days Ago   #11
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Much obliged for the replies, all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post

Mike
sweet! I'm in the neighborhood. VPN, don't fail me now!
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #12
Sigma
All Pro

Quote:
it depends on the region, in the US I am like 99% sure it is, if you are overseas the broadcast rights might change.
I thought gamepass was available only outside US and canada

but If you use a proxy from singapore to watch the games, it should be at the same time they show it in singapore (which should be real time)

of course you'll get some lag, but in the orders of 2-3 minutes tops

I think you can consider that "live"

If it is available even in the US then it's normal you'll be unable to watch live games I guess

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read