Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2013   #121
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster's Week 1 availability in doubt?

I don't care about Arian's speeches in general. That had 0 to do with my initial comment other than mentioning the interview as a whole. I've said a few times now what part of the interview made my ears perk up.

As far as Arian always being a douche in press conferences or interviews, bull****.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013   #122
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
More and more NFL players are taking this stance. The grueling work, the injuries, the hard road back from injuries.............all I'm sure play their role.

Arian Foster doesn’t want his children playing football

Posted on August 22, 2013 at 9:15 am
I can appreciate that a father wants an easier road for his children. What father doesn't.

...well, there ARE those who wish to live vicariously thru their kids. (See RGII)
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013   #123
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
He had answered question about how he doesn't value preseason, he's fine, etc. The question asked to him assumed he should have some level of frustration missing out on practicing in the preseason.

Just because he doesn't say all the eat breathe football things doesn't mean he doesn't put in the work. I was watching his work on the rehab side field, am familiar with his off-season training. It isn't like he's sitting around eating Shipley's.

If we criticize every non-robot answer a athlete gives then we as a fanbase deserve only robot answers. I actually enjoyed listening to the presser. He's very straightforward.
I'm with you on this subject. I think Foster is refreshing.

When players barf out the same old stale quotes to the press it reminds me of the movie Bull Durham where the rookie (Tim Dobbins) finally gets it and starts feeding the press the usual & customary answers they expect and they love him for it.

Boooorrrrring!
Old 08-24-2013   #124
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't care about Arian's speeches in general. That had 0 to do with my initial comment other than mentioning the interview as a whole. I've said a few times now what part of the interview made my ears perk up.

As far as Arian always being a douche in press conferences or interviews, bull****.
Thanks for posting that link.
msr
Old 08-24-2013   #125
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I totally agree, but you can't tell me you're not worried about that alien UFO control tower in Reliant stadium.
Not in the slightest.

They also beamed down J.J. Watt and Brian Cushing.

Soon, very soon, all will be assimilated
Old 08-26-2013   #126
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Foster should take a few snaps in the last pre season game is he really going into the season cold hell if I was foster I would want to play a few snaps before week 1

same with JJ watt & Reed
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read