Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2013   #21
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Johnson, on the other hand, also sucked even more horribly. Did nothing as a pro and we could've taken Aaron Rodgers, Derrick Johnson, or any other of the bad asses that were available.
still makes me angry. we needed and were taking derrick, there was a 50/50 chance he'd fall to us if we were lucky, and everybody knew we'd grab him if he was there. but nooooo we out-smarted the draft and traded back a few picks, just enough to miss our player and reached on a tough to predict defensive lineman.
Old 08-16-2013   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Seth? You mean Mr. Giggles. Dude is a child on the radio 30% of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Seth cracks me up all the time. Yeah, he's unpolished, but that's part of the appeal. He is not some pro radio dude, but a retired pro athlete that is not sure where the line in the sand is half the time. I expect him to get into some sort of FCC trouble at some point because of it.
Who doesn't like Seth?

Quote:
Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL 37m
Fans of bad teams will find these NFL bags wholly inadequate.
Old 08-16-2013   #23
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Guess so. I don't listen to 610 anymore anyway, 790 all the way for me. Any station that employs Josh Innes obviously doesn't know what they're doing!

And TJ was not a 6 year starter, might want to look up those starts there noxiousdog. He was a bust and is more of a loser than most NFL players, and certainly Romo.
Ah, you're right. He didn't start for the Chargers.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

On the weekend, I caught a segment with TJ on there. The part where he was discussing the Riley Cooper incident (beginning at the 11 minute mark) was great...........especially where he discusses the "rehab" part of it (beginning at the 12 minute mark).

I finally was able to dig it up. http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/08/...ootball-field/
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
On the weekend, I caught a segment with TJ on there. The part where he was discussing the Riley Cooper incident (beginning at the 11 minute mark) was great...........especially where he discusses the "rehab" part of it (beginning at the 12 minute mark).

I finally was able to dig it up. http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/08/...ootball-field/
Hadn't heard that. Will have to give it a listen. Thanks for posting.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #26
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

IDK how anyone could think that Johnson wasn't a bigger bust than Carr but to each his own.
It's a QB driven league.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #27
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...#axzz2c9FbYsth

Making waves now because he called Tony Romo a loser. He's one to talk, biggest bust of a draft pick in our history and that's saying a lot. He needs to check himself before he goes around calling anyone a loser.
Romo has 10 times the heart that TJ had. I'm convinced that TJ never really wanted to play. At least that's the way he played.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2013   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think it says something that we actually have disagreement..... & so many candidates for this.

Texans biggest bust..
  1. David Carr
  2. Travis Johnson
  3. Amobi Okoye
  4. Bennie Joppru
  5. Jacoby Jones
  6. Frank Okam
  7. Brandon Harris
Old 08-17-2013   #29
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't put joppru on that list. It wasn't because he sucked ..he just was in the tub.

Jacoby jones...time will tell if we blame the player or ST coaches here.

Tony hollings Charles hill come to mind as busts
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #30
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL...ok, so yeah..TJ is a personality on sr610 now...

I had a feeling this would turn into a bust thread.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #31
escrimador
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 escrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respected

He was pretty entertaining. I like his explanation on being a "bust". He said something along the lines of, "You say I only got 3 sacks in the pro's? Well, I only got two sacks in college and then I get drafted IN THE FIRST ROUND? That ain't on me, that's on the front office." I lol'ed at that.
escrimador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
LOL...ok, so yeah..TJ is a personality on sr610 now...

I had a feeling this would turn into a bust thread.
I liked Tj....... he was one of the only players here with any attitude.

We drafted him out of Florida State as a 3-tech... a UT...... but we put him on the nose in a 4-3, or lined up on a Tackle in the 3-4. It would have been interesting to see what Wade could've done with him, playing where Antonio is now.

Of course, that may have been due to his weight. He was a svelte 290 at FSU, but I don't think he ever played for us under 300lbs.
Old 08-17-2013   #33
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Texans biggest busts

6. Frank Okam
How can a 5th round pick be a bust? And I thought you liked Brandon Harris?

I guess 3rd round picks or better are players you should get something from. The Texans got zip from Morency and Molden, so they would qualify. Caldwell was a disappointment. I think everyone else has been covered.
Old 08-17-2013   #34
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Trent Green dissaproves of anything Travis Johnson related, or so he thinks.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
How can a 5th round pick be a bust? And I thought you liked Brandon Harris?

I guess 3rd round picks or better are players you should get something from. The Texans got zip from Morency and Molden, so they would qualify. Caldwell was a disappointment. I think everyone else has been covered.
I do like Harris, but if I were to make a poll, I'm sure some folks would say he should be there.

Okam..... 5th round notwithstanding..... I expected a lot from him. My br in laws are huge UT fans & I heard so much sht about Okam it ain't funny. He was my darkhorse.... lemonade player that never amounted to anything.
Old 08-17-2013   #36
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Okam..... 5th round notwithstanding..... I expected a lot from him. My br in laws are huge UT fans & I heard so much sht about Okam it ain't funny. He was my darkhorse.... lemonade player that never amounted to anything.
I thought the Travis Johnson pick was horrible when it was made, and expected very little out of him. Does that make him not a bust?
Old 08-18-2013   #37
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 8616 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand why people have all of this anger toward someone like Travis Johnson. Was he supposed to acknowledge he was overrated in 2005 and turn down a first rounder's contract? Being a poor football player doesn't automatically dictate that you have uninformed football opinions. Besides that, it doesn't take a winner to know that Tony Romo is a loser.

If you want to be angry at a commentator whose out of his depth, remember that the NFL Network still pays Charley Casserly for his draft analysis.
Old 08-18-2013   #38
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I don't understand why people have all of this anger toward someone like Travis Johnson. Was he supposed to acknowledge he was overrated in 2005 and turn down a first rounder's contract? Being a poor football player doesn't automatically dictate that you have uninformed football opinions. Besides that, it doesn't take a winner to know that Tony Romo is a loser.

If you want to be angry at a commentator whose out of his depth, remember that the NFL Network still pays Charley Casserly for his draft analysis.
^^^ This.

TJ seems like a cool guy. It's not really his fault he was drafted too high. He was what he was.

I blame Casserly.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #39
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post

Casserly laid some eggs as all GMs do in the Drafts, but he also drafted Andre Johnson & Mario (instead of Reggie Bush), DeMeco, OD to name a couple of his picks.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #40
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Casserly laid some eggs as all GMs do in the Drafts, but he also drafted Andre Johnson & Mario (instead of Reggie Bush), DeMeco, OD to name a couple of his picks.
Strange how the majority of his good picks all happened when he was working as a lame duck GM with Kubiak.

Casserly had 1 good draft.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read