Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013   #481
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Schaub's problem has never been arm strength. Yes arm strength can cover up some deficiencies.. (i.e. Brett Farve), but timing and anticipation will take you a long way.

The biggest crime in the NFL today is that the most dominant receiver of this generation doesn't have one single double digit TD season on his resume and I'm scared it might keep him out of the HOF (actually it most likely will). Main reasons why he doesn't.. He wasted 4 years with Carr and Schaub doesn't have the ability to lead a wide open receiver down field or throw up a ball in the red zone/Kubiak doesn't trust Schaub enough to throw in the red zone, so we always run.

Dre has all the Yards and Rec. totals, but the TD #s will prevent him from being fully recognized... and it's sad.
I agree with this whole rant.... & add, in addition to poor anticipation, it takes Schaub forever & a day to get around on the naked boots & set up to throw. Andre's done ran another 10-15 yards in that "extra" time.

& wins. The Texans have only had 3 winning seasons & Andre is going into his 11th. It "shouldn't" reflect on Andre, but it will. Unless we win a couple of Super Bowls, it's going to be hard to show Andre as a winner & there are very few losers in the H.O.F.
Old 08-18-2013   #482
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seei

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
The only weird thing about that play was Schaub's throw. Hopefully, he is just rusty. His arm strength looked weak to me, but I hope that was just him easing into the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Hate to break the news to you but he is in mid season form.
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. It's the post-season form that will make or break us. All he has to do is hand off right now.
That's great. We'll be able to enjoy another Yates-like performance. Just what I was looking forward to.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #483
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
JJ Watt only played a total of two snaps tonight. Anyone know why?
He got winded.

j/k, coach's decision.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #484
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
He got winded.

j/k, coach's decision.
LOL, there are some funny comments I've been reading since yesterday.

The one about Schaub being in his mid-season form is also hilarious!

LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #485
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't think we will learn much on the defensive side of the ball. The Fins offense does not impress me. I doubt there's more than a couple of guys that could start on the Texans. The defense gets better work in practice.

I do think Miami has a pretty good defense. I'm interested in how the o-line handles the responsibilities. Opening holes for the running game and protecting Schaub. I think this is the most interesting and important aspect of the game.
I was wrong about Miami's offense. Tannehill has made strides and looks like a legit QB. Miller also has stepped up as an all around back. I think the Texans could have done a better job with their blitzes against the Dolphin offensive line. And I think the defense could do a better job of tackling (see: CBA practice restrictions). Liked what I saw from Swearinger. In the 2nd half, I liked what Jefferson did. I think he makes this team.

On offense, the o-line was the story. Newton and Jones were manhandled early. And this was the 2nd game that Brown looked sloppy. I know it's just preseason, but I would like to see Brown look like the all pro he is next week against the Saints. The running game in the 1st half was non-existent. That has to change, or Schaub will be put in sure blitz down and distances. I think the offense looked fine other than the early o-line troubles. It should be noted that both Schaub and Keenum were able to move the ball via play action without a productive running game.
Old 08-18-2013   #486
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Don't know if I'd go that far, but Case did showcase some skills tonight.
Schaub should and is going to start. When I said that I meant that I think he's more talented.

Keenum has 0 chance at starting. Id like to see him with the 1's but that ain't happening.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #487
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schaub should and is going to start. When I said that I meant that I think he's more talented.

Keenum has 0 chance at starting. Id like to see him with the 1's but that ain't happening.
I think the right mindset is the #1 thing a QB has to have . He has to have the smarts , leadership , and competitiveness to lift the team . A good arm and the athleticism to buy time and get some yards does you no good if you don't have the mind . See the last 8 .

I'm not sure where the Texans QBs fit in this .

1. Schaub is good for 1 more year at best , he is Chad Pennington now .

2. TJ is a backup until he proves otherwise .

3. Case is still an unknown for now . In ways that puts him ahead of the other two .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2013   #488
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only weird thing about that play was Schaub's throw. Hopefully, he is just rusty. His arm strength looked weak to me, but I hope that was just him easing into the season.
Quote:
Quote:
I was wrong about Miami's offense. Tannehill has made strides and looks like a legit QB. Miller also has stepped up as an all around back. I think the Texans could have done a better job with their blitzes against the Dolphin offensive line. And I think the defense could do a better job of tackling (see: CBA practice restrictions). Liked what I saw from Swearinger. In the 2nd half, I liked what Jefferson did. I think he makes this team.

On offense, the o-line was the story. Newton and Jones were manhandled early. And this was the 2nd game that Brown looked sloppy. I know it's just preseason, but I would like to see Brown look like the all pro he is next week against the Saints. The running game in the 1st half was non-existent. That has to change, or Schaub will be put in sure blitz down and distances. I think the offense looked fine other than the early o-line troubles. It should be noted that both Schaub and Keenum were able to move the ball via play action without a productive running game.
During the game, posted exactly that.........Jones was being manhandled. And that it appeared that Brown was trying to "cheat" over to help Jones, thus compromising his own play. Hope Brown is not having more problems with arthritic bone spurs.

Newton's sluggish movement showed me what I expected......a huge man trying to come back too early from a notoriously difficult-to-rehab patellar tendon surgery. Remember, Newton's original patellar injury (probably a mild tear) occurred in the Detroit game, he missed only 2 games. These injuries result in intense inflammatory changed in the tendon.......patellar tendonitis.....and thus require prolonged rest period followed by rehab prior to return to play. As the adequate rest is not allowed and the inflammatory changes are not allowed to resolve, there is increasing smoldering of the inflammation until the tendon shreds enough to ultimately result in a significant partial or a complete patellar tendon rupture.......just as occurred with Newton.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 08-18-2013 at 10:39 AM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #489
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess the Texans are stuck with Newt since it's likely that 3rd round pick Williams is headed for IR, unless they go with Harris over Newt ?
On the other hand, is rookie Quessenbery playing well enough to possibly start ahead of Jones @ LG if Wade Smith doesn't make it back in time for the season opener in SD ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #490
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Nfl network will replay this at noon.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #491
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
On the other hand, is rookie Quessenbery playing well enough to possibly start ahead of Jones @ LG if Wade Smith doesn't make it back in time for the season opener in SD ?
IMO, Wade Smith should be out of the conversation. They should be looking to trade him (coming off a "pro-bowl" season), or cut him now & let him find a job.
Old 08-18-2013   #492
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened to Keo and Pleasant?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #493
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Nfl network will replay this at noon.
Watch for this play...

Quote:
Smith and Incognito have quite a feud going. What began in the Texans’ victory over Miami at Reliant Stadium last season continued Saturday night when Smith ripped off Incognito’s helmet and swung it at him.

The incident happened in the second quarter after Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill was forced to scramble. Incognito was blocking Smith and could have been called for a facemask penalty. Smith used both hands to rip off Incognito’s helmet, then swung it at him and missed.

No penalty was called. After the game, Smith wouldn’t discuss it.

When the NFL watches the game tape, there’s a good chance Smith will be fined again. There’s a rule against using the helmet as a weapon.

Last season, after the Texans defeated the Dolphins, Smith was fined $21,000 by the NFL – reduced to $11,000 after his appeal – for kicking Incognito while both were on the ground after a play.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...cognito-smith/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #494
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
IMO, Wade Smith should be out of the conversation. They should be looking to trade him (coming off a "pro-bowl" season), or cut him now & let him find a job.
They would have to waive him injured, which means he would count against the cap, anyway.
Old 08-18-2013   #495
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a bump...nfl network is fixing to replay the game now
Old 08-18-2013   #496
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Just a bump...nfl network is fixing to replay the game now
Arrgh! It's the channel 13 broadcast.
Old 08-18-2013   #497
Wolf
100% Texan

Cush gets ran over
Old 08-18-2013   #498
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Ummmmmmmmm ok.
too long of a post to reply too? sometimes I can go on a rant,
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #499
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Arrgh! It's the channel 13 broadcast.
Bob needs to give the contract to Ch 2 so they can use an NBC feed.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #500
Lucky

Quote:
Bob needs to give the contract to Ch 2 so they can use an NBC feed.
And get rid of Meyers and Tillman. Please.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read