Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2013   #81
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Posey getting Healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I prefer they go slow with Posey and take whatever precaution they can with Hopkins. I would rather not having to draft another receiver next year.
And if they're smart, they will.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #82
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

--houstontexans.com
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #83
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

That was one helluva catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #84
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
On the offensive side, yes.
I hope Cushing gets the overall nod, though.
Cushing looks good so far, but his injury was in Oct while Posey's injury was this year, just 7 months ago and involved an Achilles. It's only fair to award the honor to Posey over Cushing.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #85
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Cushing looks good so far, but his injury was in Oct while Posey's injury was this year, just 7 months ago and involved an Achilles. It's only fair to award the honor to Posey over Cushing.
I think we should better wait until they finish the season.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #86
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
With a partial or a complete tear, it depends how much of the tendon is left shredded like the ends of a paint brush. The shredded areas cannot be sewn together in that like two ends of a paint brush, it wouldn't hold sutures. So they need to be removed to the levels where the tendon is entirely still in tact and strong and can hold the sutures. If the shredding is less extensive, less tissue needs to be removed, and the tendon is shortened less. If the shredding is more extensive, much more tissue is required to be removed to leave strong healthy tissue to hold sutures securely. The more shortening of the tendon, the more tension is placed on the repair and theoretically the more difficult and potentially longer the rehab to try to re-stretch and soften and counteract stiffness. Minimally invasive surgeries have also SOMETIMES shortened rehab. We know nothing about the exact details of Posey's findings or surgery to define or predict what his expected rehab would be.

Certainly, Posey has given us reason for some optimism. However, we should still be guarded as to how well he will perform in real games with longer and more difficult routes against starter caliber Ds (all factors placing much more stress on the repair and level of performance).........and then watch carefully for if there is continued reason for maintaining optimism with continued improvement, or reason for disappointment with deterioration of his performance into the beginning of the season.
Sorry, I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours.

Thanks for the detailed reply in laymen's terms.
Old 08-30-2013   #87
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Sorry, I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours.

Thanks for the detailed reply in laymen's terms.
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2013   #88
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And if they're smart, they will.
Doc, seems as though you might qualify for a reprimand here. I'm just guessing you don't read the "quotes" too often or you would know that Gary's favorite saying is "we're going to be smart" with xxxx.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #89
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Doc, seems as though you might qualify for a reprimand here. I'm just guessing you don't read the "quotes" too often or you would know that Gary's favorite saying is "we're going to be smart" with xxxx.

And I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
Old 08-30-2013   #90
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
CloakNNNdagger, I always wanted to ask you this. Why don't you change you Handle name CloakNNNdagger to THE DOC. I always called you Doc and some other members as well. It just sounds more appropriate to me. Since you are real doctor, I really like to see a sticky thread call ASK DOC. In this way, we all can ask medical question concerning Texans' players health status. I assume you are very busy man being a doctor and I don't know if this is possible but it would be great if you can find time to do this.

By keeping in one thread about medical question, not only to ask Doc a question but we can use as our medical dictionary as NFL players injury happens to a similar area of body ie knee, ankle, foot, shoulder and etc.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #91
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Why don't you change you Handle name CloakNNNdagger to...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #92
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Posey made like 4 nice plays for the entire season last year before getting hurt. I just don't understand the optimism and the excitement in the guy. I'm not saying that he can't possibly perform, but I am certainly not expecting it. He wasn't able to wow the coaches enough to stop them from using a late first round pick on a WR. They also grabbed WR's last season in the draft. Other then Andre there just hash't been another guy to have a consistent stretch of production for more then one season. I am really hoping that Hopkins can respond to the challenge.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #93
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Posey made like 4 nice plays for the entire season last year before getting hurt. I just don't understand the optimism and the excitement in the guy. I'm not saying that he can't possibly perform, but I am certainly not expecting it. He wasn't able to wow the coaches enough to stop them from using a late first round pick on a WR. They also grabbed WR's last season in the draft. Other then Andre there just hash't been another guy to have a consistent stretch of production for more then one season. I am really hoping that Hopkins can respond to the challenge.
Because of Posey's suspension we expected it to take some time for him to get up to football speed, even longer to get to NFL football speed.

I was told that he was a first round talent, but because of that suspension he fell. After seeing him on game day, regardless how many balls he caught or didn't catch, I'm a believer.

In my mind, Andre, DeAndre, & Posey are three 1st round WRs.

Then when you consider all the feel good stories about how he stayed involved with the Ohio's football program mentoring the younger players & the attitude he had throughout the off-season & season and all you hear about is how hard he works..... then he has the Achilles thing & he's still chop'n wood.

Hard not to like a guy like that.
Old 08-31-2013   #94
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He wasn't able to wow the coaches enough to stop them from using a late first round pick on a WR.
You think maybe that had more to do with his medical prognosis rather than his on field performance. CnD was saying he might not play at all this year and may never be the player he was.
Old 08-31-2013   #95
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Because of Posey's suspension we expected it to take some time for him to get up to football speed, even longer to get to NFL football speed.

I was told that he was a first round talent, but because of that suspension he fell. After seeing him on game day, regardless how many balls he caught or didn't catch, I'm a believer.

I think I was the one trumpeting this horn .... IMO no way does he fall to the third round if he didn't get suspended .... the kid got open and made big plays .... far too often.

I saw him in predraft drills with Justin Blackmon , Michael Floyd , Kendall Wright , A. J. Jenkins & Alshon Jeffery .... He had the best hands of the bunch - By Far.

In that draft , I would have taken a couple players above him at the position , but there was no "greater value" at the position than Posey where the Texans took him .....He was definitely a first round talent with questions to be answered - He has answered those character questions .... Now he has to prove that he still has the physical skills after the achilles injury. If the past is any indication , I cant doubt the kid.

Seems like this kid cant get out from under the microscope ....

Quote:
In my mind, Andre, DeAndre, & Posey are three 1st round WRs.

Then when you consider all the feel good stories about how he stayed involved with the Ohio's football program mentoring the younger players & the attitude he had throughout the off-season & season and all you hear about is how hard he works..... then he has the Achilles thing & he's still chop'n wood.

Hard not to like a guy like that.

Dude has worked his ass off to get back on the field .... Character questions .... throw them away.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #96
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CloakNNNdagger, I always wanted to ask you this. Why don't you change you Handle name CloakNNNdagger to THE DOC. I always called you Doc and some other members as well. It just sounds more appropriate to me. Since you are real doctor, I really like to see a sticky thread call ASK DOC. In this way, we all can ask medical question concerning Texans' players health status. I assume you are very busy man being a doctor and I don't know if this is possible but it would be great if you can find time to do this.

By keeping in one thread about medical question, not only to ask Doc a question but we can use as our medical dictionary as NFL players injury happens to a similar area of body ie knee, ankle, foot, shoulder and etc.
I'm sure this is the reason he doesn't want everyone to know he's a doctor, although most on here do by now. He would probably be overwhelmed with all kinds of medical questions and people wanting free advice for all their own aches and pains. As it is now, he gives us a lot of insight and information about injuries to the players that we can't get from any other sources. Besides, I think he has a pretty cool handle and avatar. I always thought he might be a surgeon and the handle was just a play on words. Just a guess.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #97
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Because a lot of "DOCs" are just quacks. Trust me I've seen plenty of them the last few years.. I finally got properly diagnosed with cancer after seeing 3 or 4 "DOCs" who had me checked out for breast cancer (damn that mammogram machine hurts like hell, never knew I had that much breast tissue to press.. I gained a new perspective on what women have to go through.. ouch!) and accused me of taking steroids. (Yes what Cushing tried to pass as a excuse... I actually went through) Not every doctor cuts with a knife and performs operations. CloakNNNDagger is a specialist and is a surgeon.. Him holding the handle of simply DOC would be undermining his real rank in his field.

It would be like calling a General, Sarg.

Plus, the handle CloackNNNdagger and that avatar are pretty badass.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #98
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
.. Him holding the handle of simply DOC would be undermining his real rank in his field.

I have yet to ask CND a medical question he couldn't answer .... and they have been many.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #99
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Because a lot of "DOCs" are just quacks. Trust me I've seen plenty of them the last few years.. I finally got properly diagnosed with cancer after seeing 3 or 4 "DOCs" who had me checked out for breast cancer (damn that mammogram machine hurts like hell, never knew I had that much breast tissue to press.. I gained a new perspective on what women have to go through.. ouch!) and accused me of taking steroids. (Yes what Cushing tried to pass as a excuse... I actually went through) Not every doctor cuts with a knife and performs operations. CloakNNNDagger is a specialist and is a surgeon.. Him holding the handle of simply DOC would be undermining his real rank in his field.

Alright man, General it is but Mclame is also called himself General right? However, we need CloakNNNDagger to confirm this. What do you think about making sticky thread for General. This should eliminate General answering same questions about injury over and over. And, we all be able to use this thread as medical info. It is up to General though. Maybe Special Medical Adviser for TTC or TTC Special Medical Adviser would be more appropriate?
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #100
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I have yet to ask CND a medical question he couldn't answer .... and they have been many.
Imagine the schooling it takes to reach being a surgeon, I'm pretty sure he knows just about everything there needs to be known about the human anatomy,

I come from a medical family of R.N nurses (sister, mom, grandma) if I had to guess.. I'll guess he's into sports medicine. If you need a hip replaced, shoulder, knee, or whatever.. he's probably the guy to see.

I didn't want to bother him with the issue I was having at the time, but next time something like that happens, I'm certainly going to hit him up, because I trust his opinion more than "Dr Patel" and the 3 other "Dr. Patel's" my family doctor sends me to.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-31-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read