Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-03-2005   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default Team captains?

I was wondering which players were the captains of the offense and defense?
Old 07-03-2005   #2
da.texans
Rookie

I thought it would be David Carr on offense and Kailee(sp?) Wong on defense???
da.texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #3
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

David Carr on offense, and Dunta Robinson on defense. D-Rob has that leader attitude that ours has lacked since 2002.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #4
Doom Capers
Veteran

I think Wong will be a better leader than D-Rob. D-Rob is young, and talented, but Wong is a good person overall.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Carr and Wong also! I like the "nickname" Hulk gave A. Peek! THE MICROWAVE! Very fitting, cause he definitely heats things up when he is on the field.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say D Carr and Seth Payne.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #7
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

payne??? since when has there been a DL as a defensive captain?? I've never seen it, but if someone has please enlighten me.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-06-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I belive that Hulk is right. It's Carr and Wong.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Warren Sapp.
In my opinion, prior to his injuries, Payne was very much a captain of the defense and at that time was hidden behind the likes of Sharper, and Glenn. After that, I can't think of anyone currently on the team defensively that has had a better attitude. Yes we do have many good attitudes with Wong and Robinson but Wong I haven't seen Wong full time in the middle and Robinson still has to prove his rookie season was not a fluke. Coleman, needs to prove he can stay sober or at least get a limo driver, Phil Buchannon is new to the team, Peek has to prove he is ready to start, Babin needs to make more plays rather than just be consistent, Glenn Earl needs to prove himself as the full time starter this year, Gary Walker and Robaire Smith need to show up.

Payne has comeback from major knee surgeries, played the entire season (except for last game) and was the only reason we had any kind of defensive line.
Old 07-06-2005   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm trying to find it...but Wong has been named a 2005 team captain already I do believe. Warren Sapp?

Old 07-06-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I thought this was an opinion question. So I put David Carr and Seth Payne in my opinion. I don't know who the actual team leader is. As for why I put Warren Sapp is because the question was asked since when has there been a DL as a defensive captain, and Warren Sapp was for the Bucs.

I didn't know he meant Texans only.
Old 07-06-2005   #12
cred
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Babin needs to make more plays rather than just be consistent.

Babin led the team with 47 QB hurries and 2nd in sacks last year, so if this is only consistent, what would be your idea of above consistent be.
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Babin also had a year very much like the other veteran 3-4 LOLB's in the NFL statistically. I've typed the stats here over and over. He had a solid rookie year and was one of our best run stoppers close to the goal line.

Old 07-06-2005   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Guys guys! My opinion! I didn't say that Babin shouldn't be the defensive captain. My reason for thinking Payne could be the captain is far more than sacks or stats for that matter. Payne to me displays alot of character. I feel that Babin is consistent because he hasn't done anything spectacular in MY book and I am going based on history of playing with our team. Now until I see a dude just come in and dominate for this team and have the right attitude (something I think Babin is capable of) then Payne will be my defensive team captain.
Old 07-06-2005   #15
stephen1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Babin also had a year very much like the other veteran 3-4 LOLB's in the NFL statistically. I've typed the stats here over and over. He had a solid rookie year and was one of our best run stoppers close to the goal line.
being a goal line stopper is important on this team, since opposing teams are always so close
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cred
Babin led the team with 47 QB hurries and 2nd in sacks last year, so if this is only consistent, what would be your idea of above consistent be.
Where did you find the QB hurry #'s?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read