Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-03-2005   #1
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Question Armstrong Dive

Hey guys what game was it where Armstrong had to dive for a pass and he bobbled it before he hit the ground with it. And afterwards the play was challanged and it was called a fair catch?
Old 07-03-2005   #2
TheGus
Rookie

I wanna say the first game where we whipped the Jags
Old 07-03-2005   #3
YodAa
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGus
I wanna say the first game where we whipped the Jags
Naw I don't think it was that one cause I remember him wearing Steel blue and the 1st jag game we wore battle red
Old 07-03-2005   #4
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was the Vikings for a crucial first down. I could be wrong.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #5
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
I think it was the Vikings for a crucial first down. I could be wrong.
I think so too
Old 07-04-2005   #6
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was the chiefs.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Yes, it was the Chiefs game:

Quote:
2-15-HOU35 (1:04)4th Quarter: D.Carr pass to D.Armstrong to KC 30 for 35 yards (G.Wesley)
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-04-2005   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

wasnt it the catch that helped us get into field goal range for the game winning field goal ????
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Correct. 3 plays later was the FG.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #10
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

noooooo....the armstrong Diving catch was against the vikings. right up the middle. that was the diving catch, the KC catch was the one were get caught it in full stride and then ran a good 10 15 yards befire gettin hit and fumbling the ball which was called down after review.
Old 07-05-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are we wanting to know this information? Does it involve a stat or something?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #12
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Why are we wanting to know this information? Does it involve a stat or something?
??? i was just answering the posts question....or correcting what was thought to be the Armstrong dive.
Old 07-05-2005   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I know that but I was wondering why we want to know about this particular catch in the first place.
Old 07-05-2005   #14
THEFUTURE
All Pro

i thought andre had the bobbling catch against the cheifs
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #15
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
i thought andre had the bobbling catch against the cheifs
They both did. I think Armstrong's was on the final game winning drive though.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #16
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

give me 20 min.. .i'll go review my tapes and give you the answer
Old 07-05-2005   #17
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

the armstrong dive occured in the begining of the 4th quarter against the... Vikings. 3rd and 8 nice way to extend a drive.
Old 07-06-2005   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Why are we asking about this? Not being a hard A_ _ but just curious.
Old 07-22-2005   #19
YodAa
All Pro

Because for some reason I wanted to know lol thanks 5125 I had a funky feeling it was against Vikes
Old 07-27-2005   #20
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of diving catches and the Chiefs. Anyone remember the diving/spinning catch Gaffney had against the Chiefs in year two? That catch was awesome.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read