Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 373208 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Game Week: home opener vs. Titans

Weekly news/notes/comments thread...

Tennessee Titans (1-0) @ Houston Texans (1-0)

The Ninja Assassin is FREE!!! NFL reinstates Antonio Smith following suspension

Titans hire disgraced Bountygate coach Greg Williams

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
And ... (wait for it) ... Vanilla Ice will perform at halftime of #Titans-#Texans on Sunday. #NFL #VanillaIce

AFC South championship banner will be unveiled at 11:30 a.m.. Towels, bags will be handed out. Clay Walker to sing national anthem. Field-sized flag.

Ice, Ice baby!: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...f-717ad8ca0aab

Last edited by Playoffs; 09-11-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #2
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Game Week: home opener vs. Titans

I'm watching the Titans game right now on game rewind. Just a few opinions...

Jake Locker has some serious accuracy issues. Hits big plays then just leaves you scratching your head the next few downs. Dunno if the tits see him as the future or JAG, but I think he's hit his ceiling. Blitzing every other down will probably be more effective than it was against the bolts. Which brings me to...

Chance Warmack: I really liked him coming out of the draft, he seems to be a mixed bag as of right now. Stretch or guard pulling plays leave a lot to be desired, seems to be a lack of communication with his RT because he is quite often looking around in the second level to block someone and disengages too soon. Didn't key in on him every play but watched on most rewinding a few times.

Pass protection seems good enough but we'll have to see what the likes of JJ Watt does to him. I'm thinking he gets the short end of that stick.

Chris Johnson seems to be a bit more patient this year. Still odd vision, but appears to be trusting his o-line more.

Jurrell Casey had a pretty solid game, might make pounding the rock a bit hard.

Their LB core is very quick but I think dropping Zach Brown into coverage against OD is going to be a mismatch to be exploited. If we can get them to bite on the play action there will be a ton of big chunks there, using their speed to our advantage. If not, might be a tough day of running.
Old 09-11-2013   #3
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 159917 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget:

Quote:
Paul Kuharsky ‏@PaulKuharskyNFL 2h
Jurrell Casey on #Titans vs. #Texans: "We're going to go out there and make sure we put our foot up their (butt).Sorry about the cuss word."
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Greg Williams was banned from the NFL for life..
Old 09-11-2013   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I thought Greg Williams was banned from the NFL for life..
Nope, and I did NOT support this hire. I wanted him gone from the NFL for life. I don't for a minute condone this, and am not shocked Bud Adams went for him. Comfort factor plus the ring, two things the old coot wants.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #6
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1720 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

They STILL have no answer for AJ. With Williams love of the blitz it's gonna expose their back end big time. I think Arian has a big game. Blitzing fast OLBs will be so far up the field Foster will have big holes.

On D Bulls are looking to redeem them selfs.
Let me see reigning DPOTY all pro JJ Watt vs a rookies 2nd pro game? Yeah I'll take Watt. They obviously will try to expose McCain (duh). With Smith back It will add more up front pressure witch will lead to at least 1 pick. Mays looked really good on the run, and we know tittans will try and establish the run.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 373208 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
"If he’s unhappy, I don’t know that. But I know he’s happy that he won." Dennison on Arian Foster. #Texans

"They’re both competitive, they both want to be out there, which is a good thing," Dennison on Tate and Foster. #Texans

"They had a great week last week. ... It's going to be a challenge for us," Dennison on the #Titans' defense. #Texans

Dennison says they knew when they drafted him nothing would be too big for him. #Texans

OC Rick Dennison says Hopkins took a bigger and bigger step each day in practice and it showed in the game. #Texans

Kubiak says he wasn't surprised at how well Brian Cushing did Monday night. "I'm expecting big things from him." #Texans

Kubiak says Lestar Jean got his hands in bad positions on his holds Monday night. #Texans

Kubiak wonders if he talked about being focused and poised first game too much last week. #Texans

"You look around the league, there were some strange things going on, but we were able to weather the storm," Kubiak. #Texans

Kubiak says he needs to check with the league because if that was the wrong call in San Diego, then he's unclear on the rule. #Texans

"I'm still confused to be honest with you. way I understand it you cannot go toward the center at all," GK on the infamous penalty #Texans

Darryl Sharpton isn't fully cleared from his concussion but he took another step today. #Texans

Antonio Smith was waiting for the #Texans in the parking lot when they returned early Tuesday morning from San Diego.

"I really think we did miss him in some situations the other night," Kubiak says on Antonio Smith. #Texans

"That's the most I've ever seen him smile one day at work," Kubiak says about Antonio Smith, back from suspension. #Texans

Ed Reed was full-go at practice, but today was a light practice. "jog through" according to Kubiak. #Texans
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
"Just knowing the kid, I don't think anything is too big for him." OC Rick Dennison on DeAndre Hopkins on Monday night. #Texans

Kubiak said he still said he still wants Foster and Tate to split carries. Said he's still watching Foster. #Texans

Sharpton still hasn't been fully cleared from concussion. Might happen tomorrow. #Texans

Kubiak said Antonio Smith was waiting for the team when the bus got to the parking lot early on Tuesday morning. #Texans

Kubiak said the Texans missed Antonio Smith in some situations. #Texans

"Most I've ever seen him smile one day at work." Kubiak on Antonio Smith

Ed Reed was a full go in a light practice, Kubiak said. #Texans

The Texans will be doing their Liberty White Out thing Sunday. Fans encouraged to wear white. Also, Vanilla Ice performing at half. Really.
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Quote:
Dennison: Brooks and Newton showed a lot of improvement in offseason and camp which showed in Week 1.

OC Rick Dennison (on DeAndre Hopkins): Run after catch, he showed a lot of ability.
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Quote:
Smith (on his suspension): I can't put me or my team in that situation again.

Antonio (on showing up to practice today): I never thought I'd be this happy coming to work. I was excited.

Antonio: Not being around "the boys" while they prepared was more torturous than watching the game. Did what I could to ease my mind.

Smith on SD: That first play lit their team up. Played perfect football for 2 1/4 quarters. Then Texans team he knew, emerged and took over.

Smith watched the game at home with family & friends. After pick-6, jumped up and yelled, "There you go purple Cush!" lol

Antonio Smith: Drove from Richmond, TX to greet teammates at the stadium when they arrived from San Diego.

Schaub (on Andre Johnson getting open and making big plays): What he does out there, he makes it look so routine.

Schaub: We tried to simulate in practice as best as we can having guys break off their routes and come back for the ball.

Watt remembered how Cush jumped on his head to celebrate after his pick-6 vs CIN. Wanted to jump on Cush's head but didn't per league rule.

Watt (on Cushing): You couldn't be happier, knowing what he's been through in the last year. Was one of the defining moments of his return.

Watt (on Reed's bday present, a walker): We all got a pretty good kick out of it. Ed's a good guy who knows how to take a joke.

Watt (on SD): I played a lot better in the 2nd half than the first. I like to put up better #s but we got the win which is what matters.

Watt (on Antonio Smith): I'm excited to have him back out there and to play next to him.

DBs get Ed Reed a walker for his birthday today. "It moves pretty well," he jokes. Also got him a cake with HoF jacket.
Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy
Quote:
Playing football, I'm going to be me." But he won't be baited into situations" like the one that led to suspension. #Texans

Rule changes "are getting outrageous," he said. #Texans

I'm not going to change how I play the game. How I play the game is how it should be played. With passion. With heart." #Texans

Smith on his previous infractions: "Majority of those penalties just playing football." #Texans

Smith: "Happiest I've ever been going to work (meaning practice)." #Texans

Smith: I'm in the best shape I've ever been in." #Texans

Layoff: "Weird and stressful." He went to Oklahoma and rode his horses, worked out. #Texans

Smith: "The team I know emerged" in the second half. They weren't plays in the first half. There was a play not made in 2nd half. #Texans

"I'm going to be me, the fun I bring," against Titans Sunday. #Titans

He watched the game with friends and served his own "delicious" barbeque. Brisket, ribs, pulled pork. Bread pudding. #Texans

Antonio said he would have sent "threats" if the comeback hadn't happened. #Texans

Antonio watching the SD game on TV: "It wasn't hard. It was weird." #Texans

Smith said he was late meeting the bus "because of Houston traffic." #Texans

Antonio has arrived with a new haircut. #Texans
Old 09-11-2013   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans have a pretty good stable of RBs, I hope we get out to a good lead to render them irrelevant .
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #10
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 159917 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...92229844_o.jpg

Lechler is such a badass! Cool picture though. Made it my desktop wallpaper
Old 09-11-2013   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Cool picture though.
Indeed, that's a freaking great pic fullsize. MSR

click for larger
Old 09-11-2013   #12
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 20662 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure is a lot of trash talk from the flaming buttons:

@taniaganguli : Foster was asked about
the difference between the #Texans and
#Titans defense "Ours is better.""

Akeem Ayers @Akeem_Ayers
His Opinion Doesn't Matter!

Zach Brown
@ ZachBrown_55 really don't
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #13
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Will vanilla ice really be there
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #14
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 20662 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Will vanilla ice really be there

Unfortunately......yes.....

@vanillaice : "WORD
TO YOUR MOTHER", THIS SUNDAY, GET
IN WHERE YOU FIT IN, HALFTIME SHOW
IN HOUSTON TEXAS
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #15
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Unfortunately......yes.....

@vanillaice : "WORD
TO YOUR MOTHER", THIS SUNDAY, GET
IN WHERE YOU FIT IN, HALFTIME SHOW
IN HOUSTON TEXAS
Unfortunately? I'll gladly take this one hit wonder over the SB halftime performer.
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #16
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

click for larger
Yeah only issue I have using it as a wallpaper is schaubs face is cut off. Can someone maybe cut some off the left?
Old 09-12-2013   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah only issue I have using it as a wallpaper is schaubs face is cut off. Can someone maybe cut some off the left?
Hey don't look at me. I said I was sorry. signed Joe Mays
Old 09-12-2013   #18
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 7186 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

click for larger
Now that's an awesome pic
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #19
Coolhandsluke2
Rookie

Rep Power: 5067 Coolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was doing the same for me, had to change the setting from centered to stretch and it fixed it for me.
Coolhandsluke2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #20
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leawood Hustla View Post
vanilla ice is a legend.

10x better than that emo eminem.

Ice Ice Baby craps on any eminem song.

I'm hoping that post was a joke. The song "Rock Bottom" from the Slim Shady LP is 1000 times better than anything "Robbie Vanwinkle" has ever done or will ever do. Eminem (aka Marshall Mathers) actually grew up in the hood, CAN rap, and his albums were produced by rap pioneer Dr. Dre. Vanilla Ice (Robbie Van Winkle) is some Rich kid from Dallas who decided he wanted to rap so he got a bunch of brothas to stand behind him while he did so. You're not comparing apples and oranges my friend you're comparing a 65 GTO to a Ford Festiva with a bad transmission.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read