Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-10-2013   #1
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Channel 13 needs a glass stomach

...Because they can't possibly continue to function with their heads' up their own asses. This re-broadcast is abysmal, my cell phone captures better video.
Old 08-10-2013   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Channel 13 needs a glass stomach

I hope I never have to watch another game on that channel .... Texans games are the only occasion that I will tune into to that channel - they lost me during the last presidential election with their political bias.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

They have had the Texans' preseason games since day 1, how long does it take to get this figured out?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #4
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

well our rookies get their feet wet on game 1 of preseason i guess they do too
Old 08-11-2013   #5
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

The worst part was ONLY losing video and not audio. I still had to listen to Spencer "slow to, fast thru" Tillman. How can a guy with a voice that good be so hard to listen to? No ideal what the other broadcasters name is but he was just as obnoxious with his pop warner observations.
Old 08-11-2013   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
The worst part was ONLY losing video and not audio. I still had to listen to Spencer "slow to, fast thru" Tillman. How can a guy with a voice that good be so hard to listen to? No ideal what the other broadcasters name is but he was just as obnoxious with his pop warner observations.
Watching Spencer wasn't easy either ... His attempt to "model" that bag was comical.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #7
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL network is replaying all the preseason games and they had the repaly on last night which I recorded and am watching now.

Looks like it was the Vikings announcers,but at least I'll be able to watch it.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2013   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Joel Meyer I think. Guy is terrible but he fits in perfectly next to Tillman who is also terrible. I have only ever had exposure to Oilers and Texans preseason game broadcasts so I was wondering if anyone who had lived elsewhere could tell me if the team there had an equally lousy preseason crew/broadcast or if this is just a Texans thing.

I don't remember the Oiler's preseason games being this lousy but it has been a long time so maybe they were...
Old 08-11-2013   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

For anyone that listened to the Kubiak Conference yesterday, you would have to ask yourself, can't they afford some better sound equipment themselves. The entire broadcast sounded like Kubiak was talking into a muffled tin can. The only clearly unmistakable sounds were those created by Kubiak tapping the podium.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
NFL network is replaying all the preseason games and they had the repaly on last night which I recorded and am watching now.

Looks like it was the Vikings announcers,but at least I'll be able to watch it.
Yeah, at least we could watch the game, but their announcers left a lot to be desired....lol. Plus they were doing a lot of sideline interviews at precisely the wrong times (as it so happened).

Still, it was nice to see the game.
Old 08-11-2013   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
For anyone that listened to the Kubiak Conference yesterday, you would have to ask yourself, can't they afford some better sound equipment themselves. The entire broadcast sounded like Kubiak was talking into a muffled tin can. The only clearly unmistakable sounds were those created by Kubiak tapping the podium.
I'm having trouble with the radar, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
LOL. Kubiak sounded just like the guy speaking through the intercom piece (~32 secs).
Old 08-11-2013   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that I'm generally sympathetic to the media, but I bet the local Houston media didn't appreciate much the Saturday afternoon presser after many may have got in quite late from covering the game in Minneapolis the night before. But then Kubiak is anything but media friendly.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Not that I'm generally sympathetic to the media, but I bet the local Houston media didn't appreciate much the Saturday afternoon presser after many may have got in quite late from covering the game in Minneapolis the night before. But then Kubiak is anything but media friendly.
He seemed much more curt and in a hurry to leave the podium than usual. Didn't feel like he was in a great mood for whatever reason.
Old 08-11-2013   #15
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
...Because they can't possibly continue to function with their heads' up their own asses. This re-broadcast is abysmal, my cell phone captures better video.
Sorry to have to tell you this, but the rebroadcast isn't for you. They are rebroadcasting because all those commercials got axed/messed up by the bad feed. Now they can tell all those advertisers they gave them 2 for the price of 1 so they don't complain about paying for ads that didn't run or run clean.
Old 08-12-2013   #16
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

wow so the re-broadcast was messed up too? thats a dam shame smh...
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #17
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I think their broadcats makes for a fun drinking game. Take a drink or a shot whenever they say the wrong name of a player, mispronounce a name, or screw something else up. I'm positive there are many ideas that could contribute to a fun game.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Joel Meyer I think. Guy is terrible but he fits in perfectly next to Tillman who is also terrible. I have only ever had exposure to Oilers and Texans preseason game broadcasts so I was wondering if anyone who had lived elsewhere could tell me if the team there had an equally lousy preseason crew/broadcast or if this is just a Texans thing.

I don't remember the Oiler's preseason games being this lousy but it has been a long time so maybe they were...
In the Oiler days, there wasn't any internet to speak of. Radio was more than acceptable. We've become spoiled by todays technology. And well we should, for what we pay.
Old 08-12-2013   #19
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoudreamn View Post
Sorry to have to tell you this, but the rebroadcast isn't for you. They are rebroadcasting because all those commercials got axed/messed up by the bad feed. Now they can tell all those advertisers they gave them 2 for the price of 1 so they don't complain about paying for ads that didn't run or run clean.
The commercials were about the only thing we did see.
Old 08-12-2013   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 373208 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's ABC Channel 13's telecast of Miami Dolphins @Houston Texans, for those who don't want to wait for the Saturday game...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read