Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013   #501
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/9/2013, Game 1 vs Vikings: Top 5 things you are interested in seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
F#%k 'em, I'll wait and watch it at 11PM on NFLN.
You will get the Vikings broadcast team which is cool for a different perspective.

Quote:
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 2h
Nuk is just stupid with it. He is the anti-Kevin Walter in every way.
So true.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #502
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/9/2013, Game 1 vs Vikings: Top 5 things you are interested in seeing

Because ABC13KTRK sucks hairy camel balls, this is abbreviated...

Earl +++
Roc --
Johnson + quick burst
Newton +
White ---
Keo ++
Bullock +++--
Jefferson -
Mays -
Swearinger -
Pleasant +--
Hopkins +
Jean -+-
Wood +
Byrne +
McClain ++
Griffin +-+
Quessenberry +
Karim ++
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #503
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
How did Quessenberry and the LB's look?
I thought Qberry did very well. He was solid on most plays, had a couple that made me say Wow, and made a couple mistakes.

LB - Willie Jefferson is just a tough guy to handle. I think he'd be a good situational pass rusher. Brooks Reed was getting good penetration early. None of the others really stood out, unless I'm forgetting someone.
Old 08-09-2013   #504
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Super quick hitting impressions -

1) ABC 13 sucks giant balls and not just because of the outage

2) Case Keenum > TJ Yates

3) DJ is a rookie. Upside but lots to learn

4) OTOH, #10 ready to ball now. #superstar in making

5) Earl Mitchell wrecked shop

6) Willie Jefferson better make this team. #freak

7) Really think C Wood fits our offense best. Reminded me of a young Foster. Other RB's also looked good, but Wood just "fits". Tough cuts

8) Running game MUCH better than last preseason

9) Roc was horrible

10) AJ Bouye > Roc C.

11) Joe Marciano has naked pics of Kubiak in bed with Toro

12) Loving Dline depth. Saw lots of good play by backups

13) Slow to, fast thru. Deals and games.

14) The end.
I have to agree with every single one of your points. Great post.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #505
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm in Tackville, my son is touring college. So I cant watch the game. Glad to hear Case is doing well. What's wrong with Ch 13's coverage. I'm taping the game.

How did Quessenberry and the LB's look?
You would have been able to see more of the game by looking out your southern-facing window.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #506
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nuk TD: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...a-e20927d7ff8c
Old 08-09-2013   #507
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You would have been able to see more of the game by looking out your southern-facing window.
LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2013   #508
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I thought Qberry did very well. He was solid on most plays, had a couple that made me say Wow, and made a couple mistakes.

LB - Willie Jefferson is just a tough guy to handle. I think he'd be a good situational pass rusher. Brooks Reed was getting good penetration early. None of the others really stood out, unless I'm forgetting someone.
Thanks

MSR
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #509
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha ha ha
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #510
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum did work!! Giving TJ a run for QB2. Let em switch reps next game and see what happens.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #511
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Old 08-09-2013   #512
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Why is Alec Lemon our 4th string WR even though he catches everything?
Why did Channel 13 spell his name "Lemmon" on a graphic. Because they're Channel 13, of course.

Quote:
Case consistently smoothly hands off.......makes it hard to know who comes out of it with the ball.
Quote:
And he used his legs wisely........without a single run.
Keenum is reminding me of Doug Flutie. Fundamentally sound and very aware. I think Keenum has physical limitations, but he looks like a legit NFL backup, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
ABC13 Should be ashamed of themselves!!!

Just turbble service! Especially for those of us that wanted or needed to see things by certain players and see certain things that we were excited about seeing.

Channel 13 fell WAY SHORT!
Really? Seemed like a typical Channel 13 amateur broadcast that we've seen for 12 seasons now. Did you notice the promo they ran after the game, "The only Houston station with live coverage from Green Bay on Vince Young!". I would hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Hell he even threw one Jean could catch.
Which didn't seem possible at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
That's the least ch 13 could do with replaying the game commercial free tomorrow at 7.
We can play a drinking game, taking a shot everytime Meyers or Tillman gets a Texans name wrong. Nevermind, that's a sure visit to the ER for alcohol poisoning.
Old 08-09-2013   #513
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
KTRK just said they were gonna rebroadcast the game "in it's entirety" (without the cr@ptastic drops in video) tomorrow at 7 pm and apologized for the tech difficulties.
We in Austin will get nothing and like it...lol. NFLN at 11:00pm tomorrow, at least.
Old 08-09-2013   #514
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I only got to listen to the game tonite on Sirius but I came away with a mixed bag of opinions. We had ~8 starters that didn't suit up, so it's hard to say where the team really is.

I'm going to do what I always do: wait until the 3rd PS game to form any real opinions. For week 1 of PS, though, I really liked what I heard about Keenum, Mitchell, Hopkins, Graham and Wood. D. Johnson might make a pretty good PR.

I'm not sold on Bullock, Yates, Jean, Maehl, Roc, etc. I'm slowly getting on a "trade Tate while you can" bandwagon. He's just not getting it done. Right now, I'd rather see Wood in his spot and see what D. Johnson can do behind a better OL. He's a small, change of pace, back and I'd like to see a sampling of him behind the 1's in a game situation. Tate reminds me of McFadden, only without as much talent. You can't win $h!t from a stationary bike or the trainer's room.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Keenum can do if he does swap spots with Yates.

I disagree with Gafftop on rotating QB's. I'd rather see exactly what I heard tonight: A QB getting consecutive series with the same players so the QB can get comfortable. If they alternate, there's no continuity and it only makes it harder to judge apples to apples, IMHO. Let Keenum play with the same group next week and see what he does. I bet we have a full blown back up QB controversy and that ain't a bad thing to have.
Old 08-09-2013   #515
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

QB: Going into this, I wasn't expecting the race between TJ and Keenum to be very close. AFTER this, I'm looking for room on the Case Keenum bandwagon.

RB: I thought Dennis Johnson was OK. I was impressed with the ability of a guy that short to block as well as he did. To me, he seemed impatient and like he wasn't letting the play develop. Cierre Wood, a guy I wasn't expecting much from, looked pretty darn good. Deji Karim... eh... maybe. Ray Graham... yeah... maybe. The fight for that 3rd RB spot is going to be vicious.

WR: I'm frustrated with Martin and Jean. They're both way too inconsistent. Hopkins... wow. He made one mistake but he came back and made up for it in a big way. Nobody else really stood out.

TE: I was impressed by Griffin. He made some mistakes (like that clip) but overall, I thought he did a damned fine job for his first NFL experience. GG looked good, too.

OL: Brooks looked like a monster. I have to go back but I thought Ben Jones did a good job at LG, as did Quessenberry. White was a train-wreck. Harris looked OK at LT in a backup role.

DL: Mitchell. Jeez. Where was this guy last year? If he can play that way for an entire season between Watt and Smith? Holy... Some of the 2nd stringers look like they have potential but they look raw.

LB: It's going to be interesting watching Tuggle, Jefferson, and Davis grow.

DB: Roc Carmichael sucked. Keo played better than I expected. Swearinger's a rookie with a lot to learn; he's got to wrap up. Bouye played well.

ST: Bullock had some kicks making me go... Oh, Yeah! And then, some kicks making me go...

Just glad we got real football to talk about again.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #516
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

For those who missed the game, ABC 13 is replaying the clean broadcast version tomorrow at 7 pm.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #517
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Agree with all but maybe 7. I like the speed of DJ and did not get to see Graham enough. 13 ?? Good post. I also am hopeful on McClain.
Dennis Johnson pro day 4.47 forty @ 5'6" 196 lbs.
versus Vikings: 7 for 11 @ 1.6 per carry. 13 longest.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...son?id=2539936

Cierre Wood pro day 4.52 forty @ 5'11" 213 lbs

versus Vikings 10 for 59 yds @ 5.9 per carry. Longest 20.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330809016
Old 08-09-2013   #518
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to beat a dead horse about Channel 13's coverage being horrible, but between that and running back and forth between this computer and the tv I'm going to watch the replay tomorrow before I can give an informed opinion.

Luckily I saw most of Keenum's performance and I really can't imagine what else he could have done to impress. I'm very pleased about that developement. I will be interested to see if Steph has softened her view on Case afer tonight.

Also, from what I could see I was very happy to see TJ seemingly settling into the game after the start he had. Nice job by both, imo.

Tomorrow I will know more.
Old 08-09-2013   #519
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Dennis Johnson pro day 4.47 forty @ 5'6" 196 lbs.
versus Vikings: 7 for 11 @ 1.6 per carry. 13 longest.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...son?id=2539936

Cierre Wood pro day 4.52 forty @ 5'11" 213 lbs

versus Vikings 10 for 59 yds @ 5.9 per carry. Longest 20.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330809016
So size matters???
Old 08-09-2013   #520
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I have to go back but I thought Ben Jones did a good job at LG, as did Quessenberry.
I wasn't watching Ben Jones specifically, but I seem to recall two plays where he did terribly. That doesn't mean much on its face, but I'd be interested to hear what you or anyone else saw after a thorough review.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read