Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Most likely to happen in 2013
Top 3 offense and score AT LEAST 28.8 ppg 5 9.43%
No starter misses more than 3 games due to injury 2 3.77%
Arian and Andre Johnson combine for 30 TD's or more 3 5.66%
Texans win 14 games and win the superbowl 7 13.21%
JJ Watt, Earl Mitchell and Merciless combine for 32+ sacks 9 16.98%
At least 1 rookie or second year player makes the pro-bowl 15 28.30%
Hopkins, Swearinger, Joseph, Keyshawn Martin and OD combine for 25 TD's 1 1.89%
Score 4 or more Special teams TD's and allow no TD's 1 1.89%
Brian Cushing, Kareem Jackson and Ed Reed combine for 14 ints 2 3.77%
End the Regular season with the #1 scoring defense (allowing the least amount of ppg) 8 15.09%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2013   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Most likely to Happen: 2013 edition

2012 version

2011 version

I've done this for a couple years in a row. I usually start the poll around pre-seaon time and close it after a few weeks.

Texans going to have to do special things to o to special places. Keep that in mind.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most likely to Happen: 2013 edition

In 2011 I voted for Mario. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Had he not gotten injured he might have actually gotten that...

He was playing really well before the injury...
Old 08-06-2013   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Me, too.

And then I thought Mercilus, Barwin, and Reed were going to do well...

I suck at this.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Me, too.

I suck at this.
Looks like you and Thorn always for the sacks...ya'll voted the same in both of the previous ones....
Old 08-06-2013   #6
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 1482 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Super Bowl, Baby!!

No way to know who's gonna run the gauntlet and get there anyway, might as well pick MY team!!!
Old 08-06-2013   #7
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39211 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really, really, really wanted to pick Arian and Andre for 30+ TDs this season. Really badly. But I think Hopkins will sneak in more as well as the TEs...

I went with the sacks. If Watt has another monster year (which I can see him having, hopefully with some help), I don't think it's that far fetched that the other two manage to get 13 or so sacks... maybe...
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2013   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Very tough choices this year. A lot of them had one part I think the Texans could do, but the 2nd part of the goal combined with the first would kill it for me. Like the special teams getting 4 TDs (very possible) but not allowing any all season? Nope.

I went with a rookie or 2nd year player making the pro-bowl.

Old 08-06-2013   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Me, too.

I suck at this.
28 sacks, LOL!

And what's up with KMart and Jean?
They got pretty close to the goal, didn't they - Not! LOL
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #10
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with JJ Earl & Merci going sackoliscious.

Seems to be the most attainable/reasonable choice.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #11
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Went with Schaub being healthy last year and I guess I was semi-right. He did start every game. I'm going to wait a couple of preseason games before I select this year.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #12
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for the key in my opinion to our playoff success. TAKEAWAYS BABY!
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, these are tough Rey.

I'm not sure there's one I can vote for.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with a rookie or 2nd year player making the pro-bowl.

I'm probably jinxing someone, though.
Old 08-06-2013   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm going with a rookie or 2nd year player making the pro-bowl.

I'm probably jinxing someone, though.
Anybody in particular in mind?

Also, that's three years you and Thorn have picked the same option. lol
Old 08-06-2013   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I voted that a rookie or second year player makes the Pro Bowl. I honestly don't see more than three of those even being realistic at all. The Texans could win 14 games and the Super Bowl, and they could have the #1 defense. I sure as heck don't see them scoring 28.8 per game and finishing with the top scoring offense. No way. I suppose the sack thing is possible, but I'd need Watt to break the record to feel like it was worth voting for. And AJ and Foster combining for 30 TDs? Well, sure ... if Foster gets 22 of them.
Old 08-06-2013   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Arian had 17 last year....Andre had 4....That's 21....

That's kind of low for Andre...even though he's never been a TD machine...

It's a lofty goal I know...But people felt the same way about Watt and Antonio combining for 13.5 sacks....

This year might be the most "far fetched" as I've made them in the past, but we are a better team. Goals gotta get bigger right?

And not top offense top 3...We were at 26 ppg offensively last year and we finished 8th in scoring.

If we'd have put up our normal scoring against the bears we might have gotten there last year...And that's with some other stinkers mixed in...
Old 08-06-2013   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Great minds think alike.

Old 08-06-2013   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
1. DeAndre Hopkins
2. Brandon Brooks (although it's hard for a guard unless he really shines)
3. Keyshawn Martin
4. Jared Crick
5. DJ Swearinger
6. Randy Bullock
7. Quessenberry
8. Trevardo Williams
9. Sam Montgomery

Those are my hopes and my expectation of their likelihood.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2013   #20
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. DeAndre Hopkins
2. Brandon Brooks (although it's hard for a guard unless he really shines)
3. Keyshawn Martin
4. Jared Crick
5. DJ Swearinger
6. Randy Bullock
7. Quessenberry
8. Trevardo Williams
9. Sam Montgomery

Those are my hopes and my expectation of their likelihood.

Man, you must not think much of Mercilus at all.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read