Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2013   #161
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pick your final 53 and PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I want Keenum on our roster because I don't have faith in Matt Swab. If he's healthy, we do not have a better option. If he gets hurt, I'm not 100% certain that Yates can pick up where he left off.

With Case, I'm sure that he can't but I think he has enough extras that Kubiak can turn this into a winning team with Keenum under Center.

Also, if Keenum becomes our starting QB, Kubiak gets at least another 2 or 3 years before he "has" to win a Super Bowl.

Well I think we have seen the best of Yates. IMO he hasnt improved enough from his last time as our starter. Keenum has more upside and showed a lot in preseason. 1 or 2 more years learning will only make him better and our starter so only time will tell.
ATRAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #162
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep reading that Yates hasn't improved, and I really don't know how folks are so conclusive on that. He looks better to me than he had in the pass.

We haven't seen him recently against any starting defenses during the regular season.

Seems like something people say just to pump Case up.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #163
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I keep reading that Yates hasn't improved, and I really don't know how folks are so conclusive on that. He looks better to me than he had in the pass.

We haven't seen him recently against any starting defenses during the regular season.

Agreed. He looks worlds better than last preseason, and while it's probably not a good idea to compare preseason games to regular season games, he looks better now than in 2011 - and that's with the training wheels removed (mostly anyway)
Old 08-30-2013   #164
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Agreed. He looks worlds better than last preseason, and while it's probably not a good idea to compare preseason games to regular season games, he looks better now than in 2011 - and that's with the training wheels removed (mostly anyway)
Agreed. He looks like Schaub running our offense. But he's more athletic & has a stronger arm. The question I have, is if he's as mentally tough as Schaub, or hopefully tougher. We've seen some of that grit in 2011 & we've seen his QB memory. Chances are better than good, that he can do well as Schaub's replacement.... if it comes to that.
Old 08-30-2013   #165
cdastros
Rookie

Rep Power: 123 cdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on what looks like the players twitter pages. Wood, Jefferson, Tuggle, and Bouye made it.
cdastros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #166
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdastros View Post
Based on what looks like the players twitter pages. Wood, Jefferson, Tuggle, and Bouye made it.
This wouldn't surprise me one bit. All 4 players show potential to do some good things.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #167
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdastros View Post
Can you provide us with some links / tweets ?!@

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2013   #168
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Can you provide us with some links / tweets ?!@
https://twitter.com/AJBOUYE21 Bouyes Twitter. Has a retweet from Tuggle as well.

https://twitter.com/stadium20status Wood twitter

https://twitter.com/Takeover_Tuggle Tuggles Twitter
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #169
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Justin Tuggle ‏@Takeover_Tuggle 2h
Quote:
Hard work pays off..God is good!
DJ Swearinger ‏@JungleBoi_Swagg 47m
Quote:
S/o to my homie AJ Bouye for making the squad..... Let's eat my boi!!! #HUNTINSEASON @ajbouye21…
PDS ‏@PatDStat 2h
Quote:
According to his twitter account Willie Jefferson has made the 53. #Texans
Thinking IR for this one...

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 2h
Quote:
Kubiak says Brennan Williams' knee swelled up again. Says that keeps happening. #Texans
No confirmation on Wood, yet...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #170
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

The Brennan Williams tweet sounds like code for IR
Old 08-30-2013   #171
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Wood made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierre Wood
All I can say is GOD is GOOD!!!!!!!!!
Bit off topic, but I found this wonderful gem on Cierre Wood's twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierre Wood
When manziel get in the game and scores.. what if he takes out a sharpie n signes the ball lmao.. the internet will break hahah
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #172
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Cierre Wood @@stadium20status

Quote:
FLY.41.SOC ☆[SBSB] ‏@stadium20status 3h
All I can say is GOD is GOOD!!!!!!!!!
Collapse
Old 08-30-2013   #173
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Cierre Wood @@stadium20status
Okay, I see that now. Bizarre twitter handle confused me.

Note with Antonio suspension we should only have to get to 54 for a week, no?

Bob Allen ‏@BobAllenKHOU 7m
Quote:
Looks like Cierre Wood will be the 3rd Texans running back...

I've learned that Deji Karim has been waived
Old 08-30-2013   #174
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quarterback: 1Matt Schaub, 2T.J. Yates, 3Case Keenum
Runningback: 4Arian Foster, 5Ben Tate, 6Cierre Wood
Fullback: 7Greg Jones
Tight End: 8Owen Daniels, 8Garrett Graham, 10Ryan Griffin
Wide Receiver: 11Andre Johnson, 12DeAndre Hopkins, 13Keshawn Martin, 14Lestar Jean, 15DeVier Posey
Offensive Tackles: 16Duane Brown, 17Derek Newton, Brennan Williams, 18Ryan Harris
Offensive Guards: 19Wade Smith, 20Ben Jones, 21Brandon Brooks, 22David Quessenberry
Center: 23Chris Myers
Offense--23 so far

Defensive End: 1J.J. Watt, 2Antonio Smith (Suspended) , 3Jared Crick, Tim Jamison
Nose Tackle: 4Earl Mitchell, 5Terrell McClain
Outside Linebacker: 6Brooks Reed, 7Whitney Mercilus, Sam Montgomery, 8Willie Jefferson, Trevardo Williams
Inside Linebacker: 9Brian Cushing, 10Darryl Sharpton, 11Joe Mays, 12Justin Tuggle
Cornerback: 13Johnathan Joseph, 14Kareem Jackson, 15Brice McCain, 16Brandon Harris, Roc Carmichael, 17A.J. Bouye
Safety: 18Ed Reed, 19Danieal Manning, 20D.J. Swearinger, 21Shiloh Keo, Eddie Pleasant
Defense--21 so far

Kicker: Randy Bullock
Punter: Shane Lechler
Long Snapper: Jon Weeks
Specialty--3

Please quote & edit & correct as needed.
Old 08-30-2013   #175
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Thinking IR for this one...

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 2h

Quote:
Kubiak says Brennan Williams' knee swelled up again. Says that keeps happening. #Texans

No confirmation on Wood, yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
The Brennan Williams tweet sounds like code for IR

Quote:
Quote:
1000%

Thanks for the tweets - rep where I could.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 08-30-2013   #176
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not Gary Kubiak ‏@NotGaryKubiak 29 Aug
Waiting for Marciano to decide who gets the next fake injury. Smart money is on Travertino or whatever. I don't keep up with the un-offense.
Old 08-30-2013   #177
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Okay, I see that now. Bizarre twitter handle confused me.

Note with Antonio suspension we should only have to get to 54 for a week, no?

Bob Allen ‏@BobAllenKHOU 7m
Yeah , Smith doesn't count against the 53 man roster until after the San Diego game because of the suspension.

I think they keep a guy like Tim Jamison or maybe even a safety like Pleasant and waive them to make room for Smith's return.

Jamison may stick ....Cant see Pleasant staying with Keo & Swearinger behind Reed and Manning , unless they aren't confident in Reeds return.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 08-30-2013   #178
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Quarterback: 1Matt Schaub, 2T.J. Yates, 3Case Keenum
Runningback: 4Arian Foster, 5Ben Tate, 6Cierre Wood
Fullback: 7Greg Jones
Tight End: 8Owen Daniels, 8Garrett Graham, 10Ryan Griffin
Wide Receiver: 11Andre Johnson, 12DeAndre Hopkins, 13Keshawn Martin, 14Lestar Jean, 15DeVier Posey
Offensive Tackles: 16Duane Brown, 17Derek Newton, Brennan Williams, 18Ryan Harris
Offensive Guards: 19Wade Smith, 20Ben Jones, 21Brandon Brooks, 22David Quessenberry
Center: 23Chris Myers
Offense--23 so far

Defensive End: 1J.J. Watt, 2Antonio Smith (Suspended) , 3Jared Crick, Tim Jamison
Nose Tackle: 4Earl Mitchell, 5Terrell McClain
Outside Linebacker: 6Brooks Reed, 7Whitney Mercilus, Sam Montgomery, 8Willie Jefferson, Trevardo Williams
Inside Linebacker: 9Brian Cushing, 10Darryl Sharpton, 11Joe Mays, 12Justin Tuggle
Cornerback: 13Johnathan Joseph, 14Kareem Jackson, 15Brice McCain, 16Brandon Harris, Roc Carmichael, 17A.J. Bouye
Safety: 18Ed Reed, 19Danieal Manning, 20D.J. Swearinger, 21Shiloh Keo, Eddie Pleasant
Defense--21 so far

Kicker: Randy Bullock
Punter: Shane Lechler
Long Snapper: Jon Weeks
Specialty--3

Please quote & edit & correct as needed.
Notable omissions from that list thus far - Dobbins , Braman.

Color me concerned about this special teams & coverage units in general. They let go of Alan Ball and now possibly Braman & Dobbins.

Those were the top three players on a piss poor special teams out the door if this is the case.

Bullock better keep kicking them out of the back of the endzone ... and Lechler better put some extra air under his punts ... or this ST unit may cost them a couple W's.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 08-30-2013   #179
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 282262 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be saddened by Braman's disappearance.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #180
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Notable omissions from that list thus far - Dobbins , Braman...
Add them. I just pulled that list of the 'net as a starting point.

Note I haven't counted every player there, just the confirmed.

Nate Menkin & Andrew Gardner are still in play, too. Not on that list.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read