Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2013   #141
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pick your final 53 and PS

August 31: Cut down to 53 players (5 p.m.)
September 1: Teams can create practice squads (11 a.m.)
September 3: Teams can place players on IR "Designated for return" (3 p.m.)
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #142
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
August 31: Cut down to 53 players (5 p.m.)
September 1: Teams can create practice squads (11 a.m.)
September 3: Teams can place players on IR "Designated for return" (3 p.m.)
Thanks, wondered about that specifically
Old 08-30-2013   #143
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
QB: Schaub,Yates, Keenum
RB: Foster, Tate, Karim
FB: G. Jones, Clutts
WR: Johnson, Hopkins, Martin, Jean, Posey
TE: Daniels, Graham, Griffin
OT: Brown, Newton, R. Harris
OG: W. Smith, Brooks, Quessenberry
C: Myers, B. Jones

DEFENSE
DE: Watt, A. Smith, Jamison, Crick
NT: Mitchell, McClain, C. Jones
OLB: B. Reed, Mercilus, Braman, W. Jefferson, Montgomery, T Williams
ILB: Cushing, Mays, Sharpton, Dobbins
CB: Joseph, Jackson, McCain, B. Harris, Bouye
S: Reed, Manning, Swearinger, Keo

SPECIAL TEAMS
K: Bullock
P: Lechler
LS: Weeks

Not sure what'll happen with Trevardo and Mont, so I have them on my roster. I think either or both could end up IR or cut to bring in another WR, TE or DB.
There's no way I see them keeping 2 FB's. If Clutts was some kind of ST's star they might have kept him, but unfortunately for him, he's not, and he's stuck behind one of the best FB's left in the NFL. My guess is they use that spot for either another CB, S, or maybe another WR. They could even use it for Tuggle the LBer, though I think they'll try to put him on the PS.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #144
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
There's no way I see them keeping 2 FB's. If Clutts was some kind of ST's star they might have kept him, but unfortunately for him, he's not, and he's stuck behind one of the best FB's left in the NFL. My guess is they use that spot for either another CB, S, or maybe another WR. They could even use it for Tuggle the LBer, though I think they'll try to put him on the PS.
Thanks for sharing your opinion I guess, But that wasn't my last roster.

I like looking at other peoples 53 man rosters but have 0 interest in debating them.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #145
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking IR Brennan Williams, Trevardo Williams, and Bonner to go with Lemon. A little concerned not having Bonner available if Hopkins/Posey go down.

I'm really leaning keeping Cierre Wood with Tate healthy.

I'm not down with keeping Roc. It has run its course.

Gardner had a nice preseason until this last game, but Menkin is so quick getting to next level. Tough choice here.

Is this the end of the line for Braman?

Not really sold on Mays.
Old 08-30-2013   #146
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

24 OFFENSE
3 QB: Schaub,Yates, Keenum
4 RB: Foster, Tate, Karim, Wood
1 FB: G. Jones
5 WR: Johnson, Hopkins, Martin, Jean, Posey
4 TE: Daniels, Graham, Griffin, Byrne
3 OT: Brown, Newton, Quessenberry
3 OG: Brooks, Jones, Menkins
1 C: Myers

24 DEFENSE
3 DE: Watt, A. Smith, Crick
2 NT: Mitchell, McClain,
6 OLB: B. Reed, Mercilus, Braman, W. Jefferson, Montgomery, T Williams
4 ILB: Cushing, Mays, Sharpton, Dobbins
5 CB: Joseph, Jackson, McCain, B. Harris, Bouye
4 S: Reed, Manning, Swearinger, Keo

3 SPECIAL TEAMS
1 K: Bullock
1 P: Lechler
1 LS: Weeks

51 players..... Rick Smith find me 2 football players. Preferably someone with speed for special teams.
Old 08-30-2013   #147
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
23 OFFENSE
4 WR: Johnson, Hopkins, Martin, Jean, Posey

24 DEFENSE

3 SPECIAL TEAMS

50 players..... Rick Smith find me 3 football players.
51 actually, you put 4 instead of 5 WR's but I agree with your list. Out of the obvious starters im most worried about losing Keenum and Wood which I dont see that happening.
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2013   #148
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
24 OFFENSE
5 WR: Johnson, Hopkins, Martin, Jean, Posey

24 DEFENSE

3 SPECIAL TEAMS

51 players..... Rick Smith find me 2 football players. Preferably someone with speed for special teams.
Interesting list.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #149
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRAIN View Post
51 actually, you put 4 instead of 5 WR's but I agree with your list. Out of the obvious starters im most worried about losing Keenum and Wood which I dont see that happening.
I want Keenum on our roster because I don't have faith in Matt Swab. If he's healthy, we do not have a better option. If he gets hurt, I'm not 100% certain that Yates can pick up where he left off.

With Case, I'm sure that he can't but I think he has enough extras that Kubiak can turn this into a winning team with Keenum under Center.

Also, if Keenum becomes our starting QB, Kubiak gets at least another 2 or 3 years before he "has" to win a Super Bowl.

Old 08-30-2013   #150
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Interesting list.
It's mostly yours with a few cuts/additions.
Old 08-30-2013   #151
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
When I was at #Texans camp, was told they were impressed by FA RB Dennis Johnson. Just cut him, though. Fumbles did him in.
Old 08-30-2013   #152
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 8616 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Offense

QB: Schaub, Keenum, Yates (3)
RB: Foster, Tate, Wood, Karim (4)
FB: G.Jones (1)
WR: AJ, Hopkins, Posey, Jean, Martin (5)
OT: Brown, Newton, R. Harris, Menkin, B. Williams (5)
OG: Smith, Brooks Quessenberry, (3)
C: Myers, B.Jones (2)

Defense:

NT: Mitchell, McClain (2)
DE: Watt, Smith, Crick (3)
OLB: Reed, Mercilus, Braman, Williams, Jefferson (5)
ILB: Cushing, Sharpton, Mays, Dobbins (4)
CB: Joseph, Jackson, McCain, Harris, Carmichael, Bouye (6)
S: Reed, Manning, Swearinger, Keo (4)

ST:

K: Bullock (1)
P: Lechler (1)
LS: Weeks (1)

There's 50, the other 3 spots are wide open. Clutts may be on the table, I don't think that any of the remaining candidates are that much more worth the spot.
Old 08-30-2013   #153
idymoe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 idymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Offense

QB: Schaub, Keenum, Yates (3)
RB: Foster, Tate, Wood, Karim (4)
FB: G.Jones (1)
WR: AJ, Hopkins, Posey, Jean, Martin (5)
OT: Brown, Newton, R. Harris, Menkin, B. Williams (5)
OG: Smith, Brooks Quessenberry, (3)
C: Myers, B.Jones (2)

Defense:

NT: Mitchell, McClain (2)
DE: Watt, Smith, Crick (3)
OLB: Reed, Mercilus, Braman, Williams, Jefferson (5)
ILB: Cushing, Sharpton, Mays, Dobbins (4)
CB: Joseph, Jackson, McCain, Harris, Carmichael, Bouye (6)
S: Reed, Manning, Swearinger, Keo (4)

ST:

K: Bullock (1)
P: Lechler (1)
LS: Weeks (1)

There's 50, the other 3 spots are wide open. Clutts may be on the table, I don't think that any of the remaining candidates are that much more worth the spot.

No tight ends?
idymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #154
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Sam Montgomery make the team? I know he is a 3rd round pick but I have not seen anything good about him.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #155
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
not sure this is out there yet but DL Chris Jones has been waived. If he clears waivers, could be practice squad. #Texans
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Change that according to @drocksthaparty A.J Bouye has made the team. #Texans
Old 08-30-2013   #156
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Surely AJ Bouye makes the team.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #157
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Does Sam Montgomery make the team? I know he is a 3rd round pick but I have not seen anything good about him.
I personally think so.
Old 08-30-2013   #158
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I think both Montgomery & T. Williams make the team (unless they are IRed).
It's not just that both are mid-round picks, but both were college 4-3 DEs who have to transition to 3-4 OLBs, and takes some guys awhile to accomplish that. Maybe one or both won't make the transition, but the Texans should be expected to give them atleast another year to make that transition.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #159
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
According to @Eric_Edholm the #Texans have cut safety Jawanza Starling.
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
Chris Jones & Dennis Johnson could be candidates for the practice squad if they clear waivers.Teams can have 8 players on practice squad which is set on Sunday.

Last edited by Playoffs; 08-30-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-30-2013   #160
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
PDS ‏@PatDStat
I was hoping it was Keo! I don't know why the fascination.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read