Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2013   #81
MidtownMikey
Rookie

Rep Power: 2083 MidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pick your final 53 and PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I like it. Only things I'd do different (since I'm too lazy to do my own 53) is IR Wade Smith, Keep Clutts. Cut Dobbins, Keep Braman. Stash Mohamed on the PS.
With Wade Smith I see 2 options. They either keep him on the roster (which is what I expect which means Clutts is gone), or they cut him. There is little reason to IR someone who is in the last year of their contract and the team will probably not sign next year. Instead, a cut would give them a chance to recoup some of the salary hit (be it through an injury settlement or how if Wade Smith's final year is only partially/not guaranteed for injury). I'm thinking he's kept and Clutts is gone.

I do agree though that Dobbins may get cut. I'm thinking that despite his experience with the defense he is likely in the dog house from his focus on building his house during OTAs. I just wish Mays wasn't giving me Bradie James flashbacks last night when he tried to "cover" a back or TE.

I'm thinking Braman sticks, but if they keep Dobbins, it will be Pleasant who finds his way back onto the practice squad to make room for Braman. The injury situation scares me with our safeties (when might Reed be back?), but the talk of playing Harris some at safety makes me think they won't carry more than 4 safeties on the roster and instead carry more linebackers or line depth. The reason reason I think Pleasant is back to the practice squad is on special teams he seems to be performing badly/getting unnecessary penalties when we know our STs needs all the help it can get.
MidtownMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #82
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 73923 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matt Musil ‏@KHOUSportsMatt 2h

#khou #texans When asked if he'll keep 3 QB's Kubiak said,"It's possible" Sure sounds like he is. Hello Collin Klein for practice squad.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #83
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Klein? Is he even in a camp right now?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #84
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Klein? Is he even in a camp right now?
I don't know but I believe we brought him in during the OTAs and took a look at him. If they were going to put him on the PS, you'd think they'd have already gotten rid of McGee and brought Klein in so he can be getting some training.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #85
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't know but I believe we brought him in during the OTAs and took a look at him. If they were going to put him on the PS, you'd think they'd have already gotten rid of McGee and brought Klein in so he can be getting some training.
Yeah, that's why I was asking. It would be kind of weird to use a PS spot on him over other guys currently in camp. Especially for a player not invited to any team's camp in the league.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #86
Yaky
Rookie

Rep Power: 5303 Yaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I like it. Only things I'd do different (since I'm too lazy to do my own 53) is IR Wade Smith, Keep Clutts. Cut Dobbins, Keep Braman. Stash Mohamed on the PS.
Mohamed has looked better than any other ILB not named Cushing. Not sure he should be kept out of the roster
Yaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #87
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaky View Post
Mohamed has looked better than any other ILB not named Cushing. Not sure he should be kept out of the roster
Right now, the obvious ILB rotation... judging by when guys have come into the games... it's:

1. Cush
2. Mays
3. Sharpton
4. Mohamed
5. Davis

It's interesting because early on in TC, it was Cameron Collins that was getting 1st team reps. But then he got hurt and now, he's fallen off the charts.

One of Mohamed and Davis could make it... but I don't see them on the team if Dobbins makes it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2013   #88
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It's interesting because early on in TC, it was Cameron Collins that was getting 1st team reps. But then he got hurt and now, he's fallen off the charts.

One of Mohamed and Davis could make it... but I don't see them on the team if Dobbins makes it.
I've seen both Collins & Mohamed take snaps at both ILB & OLB. Haven't seen much from Collins. I don't know if Mohamed has PS eligibility anymore. He's been on Denver's PS & the Jags PS....

But I like his size. Sharpton & Mays has experience, & Mohamed has been in the league for a couple of years. The three of them & Dobbins.... pretty much the same guy. Wade isn't going to be asking them to do anything too complicated & the young legs would be good fro STs.

I like Dobbins... but I'm not attached.
Old 08-19-2013   #89
MidtownMikey
Rookie

Rep Power: 2083 MidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respected

Mohamed still has practice squad eligibility, but as a third year player, the Texans would be required to keep 53 players on the roster to have him on the practice squad. If they drop to 52, he would automatically be brought up to the active roster (not sure how that works if they cut someone to sign someone the same day though).

Here is a good list of everyone eligible that the Texans had on their 90 man roster back in July:

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/texa...squad-players/
Old 08-20-2013   #90
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

OFFENSE (25)
QB: Schaub, Yates, Keenum
RB: Foster, Tate, Karim
FB: G. Jones
WR: Johnson, Hopkins, Martin, Jean, Posey, Bonner
TE: Daniels, Graham, Griffin
OT: Brown, Newton, R. Harris, B. Williams
OG: W. Smith, Brooks, Quessenberry
C: Myers, B. Jones

DEFENSE (25)
DE: Watt, A. Smith, Jamison, Crick
NT: Mitchell, McClain
OLB: B. Reed, Mercilus, Braman, Montgomery, T. Williams
ILB: Cushing, Mays, Dobbins, Sharpton
CB: Joseph, Jackson, McCain, B. Harris, Carmichael, Bouye
S: Manning, Swearinger, Keo, Pleasant

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
K: Bullock
P: Lechler
LS: Weeks

PUP LIST (1)
S: E. Reed
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013   #91
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
OFFENSE (25)
QB: Schaub, Yates, Keenum
OT: Brown, Newton, R. Harris, B. Williams

DEFENSE (25)
NT: Mitchell, McClain
OLB: B. Reed, Mercilus, Braman, Montgomery, T. Williams
ILB: Cushing, Mays, Dobbins, Sharpton
CB: Joseph, Jackson, McCain, B. Harris, Carmichael, Bouye
S: Manning, Swearinger, Keo, Pleasant

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

PUP LIST (1)
S: E. Reed
I am not sure about ROC. If Bonner not able to play, Texans may put him on IR to keep him where safe. For an extra WR spot, Texans may put Lemon in there. T position, Menkin may have a chance depends on how he performs in remaining pre-season games. With nice showing of UDFA LBs, I think there's a possibility of keeping 10 LBs on roster. I don't know how the final 53 will be but, this is how I see it at the moment.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013   #92
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

OFFENSE (25)
QB: Schaub, Keenum
RB: Ben Tate, Karim, Wood, D. Johnson
OT: Brown, Newton, R. Harris, A. Gardner

DEFENSE (25)
NT: Mitchell, McClain, Jones
OLB: B. Reed, Mercilus, Braman, Montgomery, T. Williams, W. Jefferson
ILB: Cushing, Mays, Sharpton
CB: Joseph, Jackson, McCain, B. Harris, Carmichael
S: Reed, Manning, Swearinger, Keo

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

IR (1)
OT: Brennan Williams

PUP LIST (1)
RB: Arian Foster

Practice Squad (7)Lemon WR, Hunter DT, Cody White OG/C, McGee QB, Mohamed LB, Bouye CB, Tuggle OLB

Trades (1)
TJ Yates for 2nd Rd. Draft Pick

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 08-21-2013 at 11:42 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013   #93
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

OFFENSE (24)
QB: Schaub,Yates, Keenum
RB: Foster, Tate, Wood
WR: Johnson, Hopkins, Martin, Jean, Posey
OT: Brown, Newton, R. Harris, A. Gardner

DEFENSE (26)
OLB: B. Reed, Mercilus, Braman, Montgomery, T. Williams, W. Jefferson
ILB: Cushing, Mays, Sharpton, Dobbins
CB: Joseph, Jackson, McCain, B. Harris, Bouye

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

PUP - Bonner & Brennan Williams.

Practice Squad
Lemon
Hunter
Cody White
Mohamed
Tuggle
Pleasant

Shapiro end up with a mysterious injury sending him to the PUP or IR.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013   #94
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67402 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Neither Bonner, nor B Williams is eligible for PUP. If they don't make your roster, it's either cut or PS or IR if you can show an injury.

Some interesting work there guys. I don't see anyone giving us a #2 for TJ Yates. I could maybe see a 3 or 4 if I really stretch it, and a team got really desperate but he hasn't shown he is a capable FT starter at all, and a team isn't going to give up a #2 for a backup anything imho.

Also don't see how Bonner makes it at this point.
Old 08-21-2013   #95
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Trades (1)
TJ Yates for 2nd Rd. Draft Pick[/font][/size]
So, which GM do you have tagged to complete your fantasy?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013   #96
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Neither Bonner, nor B Williams is eligible for PUP. If they don't make your roster, it's either cut or PS or IR if you can show an injury.

Some interesting work there guys. I don't see anyone giving us a #2 for TJ Yates. I could maybe see a 3 or 4 if I really stretch it, and a team got really desperate but he hasn't shown he is a capable FT starter at all, and a team isn't going to give up a #2 for a backup anything imho.

How come they aren't PUP eligible ?
Bonner would probably be safe on the PS, but no way would 3rd round pick
B. Williams.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013   #97
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post

Thanks, made a couple of adjustments.

I think Foster/Reed are interchangeable. Bottom line is we want both of them full strength come playoff time. I would prefer to be sure on Arian concerning his back, would like to see his career extended. Also need to find out what Tate could do given the #1 reps plus get a chance to see what the young backs bring.

Yates deserves a chance to start, he is ready. Just one example of another teams QB woes but I would take him over Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow anyday. Look what teams gave up for them. He is cheap, developed & does have significant trade value IMO (they could get 3rd rd. offers all day but I would hold out for that 2nd).

Texans need to move forward with Case Keenam, he need the reps.

I really had my doubts going into the draft that Brennan Williams would be able to play this season, nothing so far has changed my mind.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013   #98
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Shapiro end up with a mysterious injury sending him to the PUP or IR.
Don't see this happening. Just yesterday, in the after practice "Quotes", Kubiak said Shapiro was "gonna play somewhere in this league."

He's just allowing Shapiro to audition.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013   #99
MidtownMikey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
How come they aren't PUP eligible ?
Bonner would probably be safe on the PS, but no way would 3rd round pick
B. Williams.
To be eligible they cannot have practiced in team drills/not been on the PUP list in training camp. At this point, only Foster or Reed could be PUP'ed.

I know Indy got in trouble with Bradshaw because they had him taking handoffs in a drill before he was officially removed off the training camp PUP, which forced them to remove him off when they did.
Old 08-21-2013   #100
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

QB: Schaub,Yates, Keenum
WR: Johnson, Hopkins, Martin, Jean, Posey
OT: Brown, Newton, R. Harris

DEFENSE
OLB: B. Reed, Mercilus, Braman, W. Jefferson, Tuggle, Trevardo
ILB: Cushing, Mays, Sharpton, Dobbins
CB: Joseph, Jackson, McCain, B. Harris, Bouye

SPECIAL TEAMS
P: Lechler, Shapiro

This is where I'm at right now.

Right now, to me Shapiro is more valuable than Trevardo Williams or Montgomery. He's played in every game and he's done a good job. He can do all the kicks...Kick offs, Punts and field goals. I'd hold on to him.

I think Montgomery is going on IR.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read