Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2013   #181
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pick your final 53 and PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by idymoe View Post
No tight ends?
LOL. You know that feeling like you've forgot something...

Old 08-30-2013   #182
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
The Texans also released C Tyler Horn & still have 7 more moves to make by Saturday's deadline with some of those players headed to IR.

Texans release:ILB Cameron Collins,WR Andy Cruse, DE Delano Johnson, RB Dennis Johnson, Guard Alex Kupper, Safety Orhian Johnson, NT Chris Jones

Texans release: FB Tyler Clutts, WR EZ Nwachukwu, S Jawanza Starling, LB Mike Mohamed, OT Nate Menkin, DE Keith Browner, TE Jake Byrne (more)
Cuts from SOTT

Dennis Johnson, Running Back (Ian Rappoport-NFL Network)
Chris Jones, Defensive Tackle (Tania Ganguli- ESPN)
Jawanza Starling, Safety (Yahoo! Shutdown Corner)
Deji Karim, Runningback (Bob Allen, KHOU)
Tyler Horn, Center
Nate Menkin, Offensive Lineman
Keith Browner, Defensive End
Delano Johnson, Defensive End
Jake Byrne, Tight End
Tyler Clutts, Fullback
Alex Kupper, Offensive Lineman
Ez Nwachukwu, Wide Receiver
Mike Mohamed, Linebacker
Cameron Collins, Linebacker
Orhian Johnson, Safety
Andy Cruse, Wide Receiver
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #183
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115041 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope Chris Jones clears waivers and we resign him to PS
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #184
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a good chance!
Old 08-30-2013   #185
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Cuts from SOTT

Dennis Johnson, Running Back (Ian Rappoport-NFL Network)
Chris Jones, Defensive Tackle (Tania Ganguli- ESPN)
Jawanza Starling, Safety (Yahoo! Shutdown Corner)
Deji Karim, Runningback (Bob Allen, KHOU)
Tyler Horn, Center
Nate Menkin, Offensive Lineman
Keith Browner, Defensive End
Delano Johnson, Defensive End
Jake Byrne, Tight End
Tyler Clutts, Fullback
Alex Kupper, Offensive Lineman
Ez Nwachukwu, Wide Receiver
Mike Mohamed, Linebacker
Cameron Collins, Linebacker
Orhian Johnson, Safety
Andy Cruse, Wide Receiver
Of that list , I like the following for the PS should they clear waivers -

Nate Menkin - OL Nasty
Chris Jones - DL Didn't show as much as I would have liked but this is a premium position
Jake Byrne - TE Dude can play in this league , was a numbers game IMO
Alex Kupper - C Has potential , the second unit protected Keenum & Yates very well Vs. Dallas , only had one mistake against the Cowpatties.
Andy Cruse - WR reminds me of Walter , great hands , great routes and physical.
Mike Mohamed - LB was real close to making the final 53
Cameron Collins - LB Can cover ...

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #186
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather keep Mike Mohamed than Darryl Sharpton. Mohamed at least has the size for the position and Sharpton can't stay healthy. I'm guessing Sharpton has blackmail photos of McNair, Kubiak, or Smith. Hopefully Mohamed makes the PS because Sharpton should be hurt again by week 3.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #187
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
#Texans 6th round pick, WR Alan Bonner has been placed on IR.
6 moves left.
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2013   #188
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Roc Carmichael has beeen waived by the #Texans.
5 moves left.
Old 08-30-2013   #189
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

If only Keo can get the axe!
Old 08-30-2013   #190
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN

Quote:
#Texans 6th round pick, WR Alan Bonner has been placed on IR.
6 moves left.

Quote:
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro

Quote:
Roc Carmichael has been waived by the #Texans
5 moves left.

Both moves very much expected ..... Those last few will be really tough decisions.

Old 08-30-2013   #191
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Of that list , I like the following for the PS should they clear waivers -

Nate Menkin - OL Nasty
Chris Jones - DL Didn't show as much as I would have liked but this is a premium position
Jake Byrne - TE Dude can play in this league , was a numbers game IMO
Alex Kupper - C Has potential , the second unit protected Keenum & Yates very well Vs. Dallas , only had one mistake against the Cowpatties.
Andy Cruse - WR reminds me of Walter , great hands , great routes and physical.
Mike Mohamed - LB was real close to making the final 53
Cameron Collins - LB Can cover ...
Andy Cruse has really impressed me.

Kupper needs to play more disciplined.

Do you think Muir will hang on?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #192
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Andy Cruse has really impressed me.
Yeah , me too.

Quote:
Kupper needs to play more disciplined.
True but he has all the tools to be an NFL starter at C , here or elsewhere.

Quote:
Do you think Muir will hang on?
Man , tough call but I have to say no because of the competition at other positions , most notably LBer , DB's and that spot taken by Keenum as the 3rd QB.

Old 08-30-2013   #193
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okay, I see that now. Bizarre twitter handle confused me.

Note with Antonio suspension we should only have to get to 54 for a week, no?

Bob Allen ‏@BobAllenKHOU 7m

Looks like Cierre Wood will be the 3rd Texans running back...

I've learned that Deji Karim has been waived
The cut of Karim is what's surprising to me, especially since he could be a returner on ST's. I don't think Wood plays ST's. At least I never saw him do it. I guess they just didn't want to lose Wood.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #194
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
The cut of Karim is what's surprising to me, especially since he could be a returner on ST's. I don't think Wood plays ST's. At least I never saw him do it. I guess they just didn't want to lose Wood.
wood has the capabilities to be a RB2 if tate leaves in FA next off season. His too good to pass on so I'm very happy with this decision.
and its nice to finally have a golden domer on the team
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #195
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Martin will likely return punts , he's been relatively reliable in that role in limited exposure in the past. I wont complain.

The difference between Wood & Karim .... Wood has the tools to be a three down back , Karim tops out as a 3rd down guy IMO. Karims ST / return ability gives him value .... but this team can get those things from other players.

The more I watch Wood , the more he reminds me of .... Arian Foster & his issues are much the same as what held Foster back in year one - Picking up the blitz , which he improved upon by leaps and bounds over the course of training camp.

Old 08-31-2013   #196
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't understand keeping Karim because he can return kicks.

How many kick returners do you need?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #197
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I didn't understand keeping Karim because he can return kicks.

How many kick returners do you need?
Other than Martin & Manning who they don't want to expose , who else is there ?!

Old 08-31-2013   #198
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Other than Martin & Manning who they don't want to expose , who else is there ?!
Keo. Not going to put him back there unless emergency probably but Ed reed has returned 30 punts in his career. He had one return last year per his stats.

Kick returning isn't a terribly hard skill to find on the waiver wire. Put a guy on the ps that can return punts. Find a guy off the street if Martin and keo get hurt.

I never bought into keeping Deji just to return kicks. He's not THAT good to where you'd keep him over a back that is better with higher upside.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #199
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Keo. Not going to put him back there unless emergency probably but Ed reed has returned 30 punts in his career. He had one return last year per his stats.

Kick returning isn't a terribly hard skill to find on the waiver wire. Put a guy on the ps that can return punts. Find a guy off the street if Martin and keo get hurt.

I never bought into keeping Deji just to return kicks. He's not THAT good to where you'd keep him over a back that is better with higher upside.
Cant argue with anything in this post .... Then again , we look at teams like Denver (thanks to the Texans) , Chicago & Baltimore (again thanks to the Texans) .... I guess what Im getting at is the only way that returner supersedes a position player is if that returner is .... Special.

Karim wasn't special .... Glad they kept Wood who may yet prove to be such as am every down player.

Old 08-31-2013   #200
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Cody White I guess is insurance for Wade Smith, although I thought he was awful in preseason.

Tim Dobbins or Justin Tuggle will go when Antonio Smith returns.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read