Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default MMQB: Brian Cushing Wants To Hit Something

Really good piece on Cush at the new MMQB site...

MMQB: Brian Cushing Wants To Hit Something

Quote:
But mostly he wants to bring a Super Bowl title to Houston—this season. “That’s my biggest goal, something I don’t really ever see myself being OK with not having,” Cushing says. “This is our time. There’s no looking in the future or in the past for this team. We have to win right now.”
Quote:
At DeFranco’s, a warehouse-style gym in Bergen County that doesn’t have air conditioning, Cushing followed the same summer workout regimen he’s done since turning pro.

The gym’s owner, Joe DeFranco, crafts nontraditional exercises that simulate what the body experiences on the football field. Cushing bench-pressed a 275-pound bar draped with about 90 pounds of chains, sharpening the acceleration needed to push off a block. (The weight increases and becomes more unwieldy as you lift, because the chains are no longer touching the floor.) After each round, Cushing leaped up energetically from the bench.

Later, Cushing completed a set of “chaos shrugs,” a lift in which he raises a bar with a pair of kettlebell weights tied on with resistance bands. His surgically repaired leg stood strong, bearing the 200 pounds of swaying without a flinch. He paused between exercises, mimicking a slugger taking a swing in the batter’s box. By the end of his workout, Cushing’s army-green dri-fit shirt was soaked completely through with sweat.

DeFranco likened Cushing to a “caged animal” and offered evidence: In recent weeks Cushing set a lifetime best with a 52-inch seated box jump, and he dragged a 750-pound sled for 30 yards (part of that weight came from onetime Texans teammate Connor Barwin). “He’s dangerous when you give him something else to prove,” DeFranco said.
Quote:
Cushing told Shannon that before he left Houston at the end of the team’s offseason program, the training staff put him through a battery of tests, such as one-legged broad jumps and jumps over cones, to check his strength and balance. Cushing’s surgically repaired left leg out-performed the right one each time, he said.
Quote:
Some of Cushing’s favorite NFL moments occur before games, when he sees opponents looking at him during warmups. He loves sensing their intimidation. And he’s ready to feel that again, for himself and for the Texans.

“Week 1, they’ll be looking at me, just knowing,” Cushing says of the Chargers, who host the Monday night opener.
read more: http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/29/brian-...hit-something/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 301166 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MMQB: Brian Cushing Wants To Hit Something

Quote:
Some of Cushing’s favorite NFL moments occur before games, when he sees opponents looking at him during warmups. He loves sensing their intimidation. And he’s ready to feel that again, for himself and for the Texans.

“Week 1, they’ll be looking at me, just knowing,” Cushing says of the Chargers, who host the Monday night opener.
He does pull off this opposite of AJ spectrum well. He comes across as intense but not a dick to other players. AJ just has this amble onto the field f@#k it, stop me attitude - talk slow, walk slow, let the play show (well unless Innegan is involved).
Old 07-29-2013   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Well now I want to hit something. Damn, I can't wait for the season to start. Hell, I am even looking forward to the lame HOF game.
Old 07-29-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Old 07-29-2013   #5
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
if i saw this coming at me id cry
Old 07-29-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
His only option was to satisfy that appetite through rehab. Andrews repaired Cushing’s ACL 10 days after his wife, Megan, gave birth to Cayden. (Cushing’s father, Frank, his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and one of the team doctors watched the knee procedure in the operating room.) Cushing says he began rehab about a week after surgery; was squatting within four months; and though he sat out the Texans’ minicamp in June, was doing change-of-direction drills in which he cut and ran toward flashing lights—as close to simulating football as you can get without hitting somebody.

To tell you the truth, I'm scared. I'm scared he started pushing it way too soon & he's not healed "properly"
Old 07-29-2013   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“This is our time. There’s no looking in the future or in the past for this team. We have to win right now.”
That right there is sig worthy.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2013   #8
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To tell you the truth, I'm scared. I'm scared he started pushing it way too soon & he's not healed "properly"
TK, Cush said: Don't be scaired. He's not.

Can't wait to see the CushMonster jackin' some folks up!

Cush is BACK!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #9
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He gets paid to push things. These guys will see more high dollar medical care than you can ever even imagine. Between the therapy, nutrition, supplements they are getting it absolutely ridiculous how fast athletes can recover.

If your sole focus in life is to train then you will improve much faster than your normal 9 to 5er.
Old 07-29-2013   #10
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will gladly volunteer for this.

Wife *"Why are you in the hospital?"*

Me *"Was playing football with The Cush and he put me here"*
Old 07-29-2013   #11
jdjd
Rookie

“I almost feel bad for the first couple of dozen guys you hit,” Brian Shannon, Cushing’s long-time chiropractor, told him in June.

Cushing didn’t laugh. It wasn’t a joke.

I love this.
jdjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian mother****ing Cushing.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Somewhere, Gabbert is curling up in a fetal position, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #14
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Somewhere, Gabbert is curling up in a fetal position, LOL!
Whoa there mother****er!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #15
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55827 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Cush. ****ing animal. And he's an animal without playing dirty, which is the best part.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 246968 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 07-30-2013   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not right ..... in the head.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #18
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

You'd just got to love a player like Cush. Healthy Cush means everything to our D.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
You'd just got to love a player like Cush. Healthy Cush means everything to our D.
Hopefully teams will remember how much Wade likes to send him after the QB. With Watt & Antonio doing what they do maybe it will make it easier for our edge rushers to cause havoc.
Old 07-30-2013   #20
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Whoa there mother****er!
everytime i see this i remember this video of it. its funny cause its has ukrainian commentators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDqlx5tgT5Q
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read