Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-09-2013   #1
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Any Zach Boren FB/LB updates?

Do any of you have any info regarding Zach Bowen? Any training camp feedback? Is he expected to make team?

Some of us Browns fans wanted us to take him in late rounds. He was pretty good at Ohio State last year. I did a search of his name and read some of the posts related to him. Seems like he is way down the depth chart, maybe at best practice squad.

Some of the guys on a Browns message board I belong to know I follow the Texans and have belonged to this board for years. They are curious how he is doing. Any feedback would be appreciated.

PS: Hope you guys win tonight and have NO injuries. Good luck. I'll be watching the game and pulling for you guys.
Old 08-09-2013   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Any Zach Boren FB/LB updates?

I haven't heard any updates about him, but did pick him in our UDFA game to make the roster. Versatility is a plus and he looks like a ST guy right now.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #3
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks TexansSeminole. Maybe he'll get on the field tonight. I'll keep an eye out for him.
Old 08-09-2013   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

So can we say that the news regarding him has been kind of.....borin'???

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #5
texdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
So can we say that the news regarding him has been kind of.....borin'???

That was a good one. LOL
Old 08-09-2013   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
Do any of you have any info regarding Zach Bowen? Any training camp feedback? Is he expected to make team?

Some of us Browns fans wanted us to take him in late rounds. He was pretty good at Ohio State last year. I did a search of his name and read some of the posts related to him. Seems like he is way down the depth chart, maybe at best practice squad.

Some of the guys on a Browns message board I belong to know I follow the Texans and have belonged to this board for years. They are curious how he is doing. Any feedback would be appreciated.

PS: Hope you guys win tonight and have NO injuries. Good luck. I'll be watching the game and pulling for you guys.
I've seem several (positive) mentions on Twitter regarding his play in TC. You can probably search the TC thread for his name.

If the Texans keep 2 FB, it'd be Greg Jones and Tyler Clutts. So, nary a chance he makes the roster.
Old 08-09-2013   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I kinda like Boring for his versatility.
It's not easy for a guy to switch from FB to LB midway in his Senior season and did that well. I takes a good mentality and dedication to the game, IMO.
I hope he makes the PS, if not here, then somewhere else.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2013   #8
texdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I kinda like Boring for his versatility.
It's not easy for a guy to switch from FB to LB midway in his Senior season and did that well. I takes a good mentality and dedication to the game, IMO.
I hope he makes the PS, if not here, then somewhere else.
One of the reasons some of us were curious was that during our game against the Rams last night, we had Chris Ogbonnaya (yeah that guy, lol) playing FB. As a RB he can be serviceable, as a FB he is worse than bad. If Boren gets cut maybe he could be an option.
Old 08-09-2013   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
One of the reasons some of us were curious was that during our game against the Rams last night, we had Chris Ogbonnaya (yeah that guy, lol) playing FB. As a RB he can be serviceable, as a FB he is worse than bad. If Boren gets cut maybe he could be an option.
Wow, how much does he weighs now?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 248016 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Zach has had a pretty good TC with a great opportunity to learn from Greg Jones how an NFL FB prepares. The games will tell the tale, though, when they can unload on opponents.

We're a little crowded with good FB options, so the Brownies will likely have a shot at snatching one up -- unless there's a mysterious late camp injury.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #11
texdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Wow, how much does he weighs now?
He's listed at 6'0" and 225.

I think he was filling in due to injuries to Marecic (Stanford 2 way player), and Smelley an H back type guy from Alabama. I'm hoping they were just using Obywann as a fill in.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-09-2013   #12
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

Borden in at fb looking good.
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #13
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

Im officially a new Borden fan. Anybody else?
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #14
texdawg
Veteran

He got a lot more playing time than I expected. Seemed to do pretty well. Got stuffed lead blocking on one play I saw and made some good lead blocks on others. A couple times I saw him lead all the way to the second level looking for someone to hit while the RB was stuffed at LOS. If RB would have stuck to his hip--could have been big gainers.

That airborne rosencopter crap after his catch in red zone was scary.
Old 08-10-2013   #15
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

His Borencopter scored less style points than the original Rosencopter.

But at least he held onto the football!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like his athleticism. A guy that I wanted us to pick up was Zach Line. He looked pretty good yesterday for the Vikings.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read