Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-01-2005   #1
Buffalo_Bills
Rookie

Default Question for Texans fans

Since you guys are an expansion team, who did you root for before the texans? Dallas? no one?
Old 07-01-2005   #2
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody really
Old 07-01-2005   #3
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Panthers
Old 07-01-2005   #4
tex
Veteran

the Oilers then nobody till the Texans came along.I didn't even watch are keep up with football inbetween the Oilers and Texans
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #5
Bob_A
Rookie

The Baltimore Colts until '82. Then, until the Texans came along I more or less just halfheartedly followed the Oilers and rooted for whatever team my fantasy league qb played for.
Old 07-02-2005   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Since we are in Houston most of us were ex-Oiler fans. You can put me in that group.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Ex-Oilers, though pretty limited memories of them since I think I was about 11 when they left. When they relocated my interest in football went to 0.0 until 2002.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-02-2005   #8
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

dude, do you remember that oilers game in buffalo where ya'll came back from like 31 down? yes, most of us are ex oiler fans. and don't call us an expansion team anymore.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #9
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default We will destroy you in the opener.

Panthers as Coach Capers was there, BTW your tag line....heheheheheheheh
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #10
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 21898 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I followed the Titans, before the Oilers left Texas, I really didn't understand what was going on with the new stadium Bud wanted. We got rid of the run-and-shoot and drafted some good players. I said to myself "They're going to the superbowl!" Next thing I know the Oilers are gone and we build a stadium anyway?? Love the Texans more than I did the Oilers. On a side note, I really hated the powderpuff blue of the Oilers.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bills
Since you guys are an expansion team, who did you root for before the texans? Dallas? no one?
Oilers, Niners, and Buffalo Bills! At least while Jim Kelly was there! Became a huge Kelly fan when he played for the Gamblers. Went to see him get inducted into the HOF when the Texans played their very first game!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

As a native of Wisconsin, you are required by their birth charter to be a Packer Backer. I still am, but the Texans are my #1 team.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #13
Panther5407
All Pro

I watched the titans because of Kearse and the Cowboys back in when Aikman and Smith where playing for them. Luckly I got away from that franchise and our town got a new one.
Old 07-02-2005   #14
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
dude, do you remember that oilers game in buffalo where ya'll came back from like 31 down? yes, most of us are ex oiler fans. and don't call us an expansion team anymore.
It was 32 points, and that comeback only happened because the Bills had some help from the officials.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

oh geez, still in denial?

Old 07-02-2005   #16
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
oh geez, still in denial?
I'm kinda ridin the fence on that issue. They DID have help from the refs but not totally. If we didn't put ourselves in that position to let it even get somewhat close, we still win anyhow. Don Bebee DID step OOB & come back in to catch that TD but that was 7 potential points out of a 32 point choke job. BTW, I was Oiler then Texan ... noone in between. My heart wouldn't let me.
Old 07-02-2005   #17
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
On a side note, I really hated the powderpuff blue of the Oilers.
that's funny, when i was watching nfl yearbook a couple days ago and the feature team was none other than old big blue. it was earl's rookie season, and while watching him punish defenders i found myself thinking "wow, the oiler's probably had the best looking uni's in the nfl." just a funny contrast...

i was late football bloomer, so while basketball was my first love and followed the rockets growing up, i never enjoyed football until i started playing in 7th grade (96-97). i then followed tampa bay during the dungy era (missed the superbowl by a year) and then got into the NY football giants. and ironically my team before the texans played the texans in their first game and my favorite TE (at the time) ran over half the texans secondary. go figure...
Old 07-02-2005   #18
tex
Veteran

I believe the Oilers uniformes were columbia blue instead of powderpuff blue
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0ck
that's funny, when i was watching nfl yearbook a couple days ago and the feature team was none other than old big blue. it was earl's rookie season, and while watching him punish defenders i found myself thinking "wow, the oiler's probably had the best looking uni's in the nfl." just a funny contrast...
I think they were awesome too. I miss the old uniforms. They were unique and I thought they were very good looking.

Old 07-02-2005   #20
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Oilers, then noone for a season, then Tenn. Oilers, then Titans, then Texans.

I was gonna juggle being a fan of both until Steve Mcnair, E. George, and B. Hopkins left but......we beat Dallas in week 1 season 1 and I've never cared to look back. I couldn't control it, it just kinda happened thay way.

* side note #1*
I did root for the titans in the playoffs 3 seasons ago during our expansion season.

*side note #2*
Before each season I choose a team to keep an eye on that was not very good the season before. I don't go out and buy hats and shirts or anything like that. My dad did years ago and it kinda stuck with me since the 1st time he/we did it was the time Marino took the Fins to the SB. I can't remember if they weren't any good the season before but never the less he chose a good one to root for secretly along with his beloved Oilers.
The last 3 seasons I had the Vikes and they finally made the playoffs.
This year I'm gonna keep my eyes on the Cards, except for when we play them.
I'll never keep my eyes on the Titans again, nor will I choose Dallas, Indy, or jags-dum-ville. Probably not the Steelers or Bills either.

Last edited by Big B Texan Fan; 07-02-2005 at 01:32 PM.
Big B Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read