Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-01-2005   #1
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad
Default Weaver to sell the Jags??

Wow, I never saw this coming. Jags fans, is for the better or the worse??

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st...19137418.shtml

Scroll down to the bottom paragraph.
Old 07-02-2005   #2
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Not really a surprise...can't make too much money if no one is going to the games....But hey, good luck on the "SB before selling", maybe by then some people will show up?

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #3
jags98
Veteran

"Despite profit margin issues, it's doubtful Jags owner Wayne Weaver would ever move this franchise, or sell it anytime in the near future. When I brought up the subject of how long he intended to be an owner shortly before his 70th birthday in January, Weaver quickly replied: "I'm a young 70."

You can only hope L.A Jaguars
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags98
"Despite profit margin issues, it's doubtful Jags owner Wayne Weaver would ever move this franchise, or sell it anytime in the near future. When I brought up the subject of how long he intended to be an owner shortly before his 70th birthday in January, Weaver quickly replied: "I'm a young 70."

not sure about that.. I figure the vikes or colts are 1st in line.. the facts are : the nfl wants a team in LA and like I said rumors are the colts and vikes are 1st but if no one shows up in jacksonville to watch the games and the owner starts to lose money,well and business will do what it can to get money and that could me relocating.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #5
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45144 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It matters not to me, and probably most Texan fans, whether the Jags are in Jville or LaLa land.

Your quote only says he intends to remain an owner, he can still be the owner in LA.

Just do not delude yourself into thinking the Jags are different from any other club when it comes to "profit margin issues". Weaver is not in this as a hobby. If the money is in selling the team or moving it to LA then be prepared for the inevitable.

PS Even Bud was smart enough not to go to Jville with his team when he had the chance.

cac:
Old 07-02-2005   #6
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Ah, I wouldn't wish a NFL move on any city once they acquire a franchise, been there and it sucks.

I don't see the Vikes (new owner already stated they're staying there with a new stadium in the works) or Colts (not sure if their stadium bill is final...) I'm seeing more the Saints than any other team.

But in response to the original post, just got me thinking.. can you imagine the news when Bud sells off his team?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #7
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
But in response to the original post, just got me thinking.. can you imagine the news when Bud sells off his team?
I thought there was family moving in to take over ... doesn't he have a son-in-law ready to step in and take the reins when his days are done?
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-02-2005   #8
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
It matters not to me, and probably most Texan fans, whether the Jags are in Jville or LaLa land.

Your quote only says he intends to remain an owner, he can still be the owner in LA.

Just do not delude yourself into thinking the Jags are different from any other club when it comes to "profit margin issues". Weaver is not in this as a hobby. If the money is in selling the team or moving it to LA then be prepared for the inevitable.

PS Even Bud was smart enough not to go to Jville with his team when he had the chance.

cac:
Is the thread not " Weaver to sell the Jags?"
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #9
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45144 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is the thread not " Weaver to sell the Jags?"
Did you not say...

"When I brought up the subject of how long he intended to be an owner shortly before his 70th birthday in January, Weaver quickly replied: "I'm a young 70."

I responded to your quote, he can remain an owner in LA. :brickwall

Now, let me repeat myself.
I couldnt care less if the Jags moved or not.

cac:
Old 07-03-2005   #10
Don'tHate
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Don'tHate

The Jags are not moving...plain and simple.Wayne love this city and has done so much for it. If he were to sell the team down the line, he wouldn't let anyone that would move it buy it.
Old 07-03-2005   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tHate
The Jags are not moving...plain and simple.Wayne love this city and has done so much for it. If he were to sell the team down the line, he wouldn't let anyone that would move it buy it.
Great sentiment, but as a businessman, if the return on his investment isn't up to snuff, he will move. No matter how much he may like the litter box he has to make the money to pay the team and himself.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005   #12
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
News flash Don'tHate:
The NFL really wants a team in Nawlins' so I don't the Saints are marching/going anywhere, but I could be wrong.
The Vikes are working up a new deal to get a new stadium now that they have a new owner so they aren't going anywhere, but I could be wrong.
The Cardz, their new stadium is already being built. They aren't going anywhere. Which by the way, if you haven't seen what is gonna look like go check it out on their website, it's pretty cool.
The only team for sale that isn't gonna get a new stadium is the jags.
They could very well be the L.A. Aristo-catz in a couple of years.
Old 07-04-2005   #13
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, we've never heard anything like that before. .. politicians and NFL team owners! They aren't in it for the love.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be a big boost for the Texans and our whole division if one of the
other teams in our division would relocate to the LA metro area. As it is, we
are in a division which, after us, has very small markets and the opportunity
to annually play twice and develope a rivalry with a team from what is the nations #2 market (and also the #2 media center) would give the Texans an opportunity to elevate the teams national recognition factor big time.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #15
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

After reading the article that the Jags are 3mil short on their payment to Jville city....on top of tarping seats and numerous blackouts in a small market...makes me believe that there may be some credence to the LA talk. I do agree that the NFL will try all possible to keep the Saints in New Orleans, Colts have approval for a new barn and Vikes are rooted in Minny (according to their new owner) so.....who does that leave to consider?

Weaver may love Jville Don't Hate, but he loves the greenbacks even more.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #16
Don'tHate
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Don'tHate

I don't understand why all of you are so hellbent on the Jags moving...guess without us in the AFC south...you have a better chance of going up...and go ahead and bring up that you guys sweeped us last year, I know it will happen. but we were the team with winning record last season.
Old 07-04-2005   #17
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't understand why all of you are so hellbent on the Jags moving...guess without us in the AFC south...you have a better chance of going up...and go ahead and bring up that you guys sweeped us last year, I know it will happen. but we were the team with winning record last season.

Since you brought it up...we swept you last year.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #18
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

They would also stay in the AFC south.
Old 07-04-2005   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember living in denial also! NO WAY would Bud ever move the Oilers! He lives in Houston, owns a business in Houston, very involved in everything HOUSTON! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! He would NEVER do anything like that! He loves the fans too much, loves Houston too much, etc, etc, etc, etc!! The rest is HISTORY!!

Deny, argue, fight, stick your head in all that sand you have in J-ville, do whatever suits you, BUT, be prepared to have your heart broken!! MONEY talks in the NFL, pure and simple! Your owner forks over the big bucks, or J-ville Jags will no longer exist!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #20
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Yeah, the Vikes are off the list of potentials. Sounds like they have a classy owner that listens to the fans (... sounds familiar.)

Quote:
Vikings | Wilf Still Favors Open-Air Stadium
Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:14:27 -0700

Sid Hartman, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf still prefers an open-air stadium for the team, but he thinks he has some ideas to satisfy the fans who don't want that type of stadium built. "Since I announced that idea, several weeks or months ago, I got some feedback from many people," he said. "Many people are enthused about an open-air venue. Again, much of the football season takes place in the months of September, October and November, and it's a very nice time of the season to enjoy football. We would still certainly look at the open-air venue being in a closed environment. Certainly the suites or certain seats will be available in closed environment. We're going to try and reach out and be able to satisfy everyone's demands." Wilf wants to build the finest stadium in the NFL.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read