Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tony Romo Practicing For First Time Since Surgery...

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Ovarian Cyst? Well ole girl is pretty tough! I wonder who the first guy that that will be served his manhood on a platter/field.:fingergun:

TexasCowboy

Straight Talker
How can you doubt it?

he doesn't have a offensive line, his QB coach has basically kept him in the pocket
and not allowing him to use his feet like was able to, so basically he is a sitting
target for opposing defenses to tee off on

he is a dead man

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
How can you doubt it?

he doesn't have a offensive line, his QB coach has basically kept him in the pocket
and not allowing him to use his feet like was able to, so basically he is a sitting
target for opposing defenses to tee off on

he is a dead man
Oh, heck, please put away the violins, at least for now.

TexasCowboy

Straight Talker
Undeniable fact

only change to their offensive line is Fredrick who at the moment is the only wilid
card they got, outside of that their line is the same offensive line as last year who
I needn't remind you is the same line that gave up 36 sacks last year

the majority of which were from Doug Free who Jerruh brilliantly held onto like a
fool

Now we move on to our running backs and wide receivers,

who were nursing owies last season, 1 wide out was a worrying bout his case
pending cause he decided to be a dumb ass and slaps his mother in the face

even the steady handed Witten wasn't with out his share of time out due to injury
in another brillant move, Jerruh cuts Vickers the FB, does nothing to upgrade any
of the areas of much needed help safety, defensive end, offensive line

drafts a tight end bwhahahahahahahaha and you seriously think there is nothing
wrong with this team

rotflmgdmfao

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Romo had a relatively small sebaceous cyst removed from his back BEFORE the Draft. Max healing time for an ordinary patient is 2-3 weeks. Something must have gone very badly for him to just now be officially released to throw.

Note the date of the AP article below, at which time (over two months ago) he was originally release to begin throwing:

Updated May 21, 2013 3:43 PM ET

IRVING, Texas (AP)

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo will miss at least three weeks of offseason workouts after a procedure to remove a cyst from his back.

The team's website reported Tuesday, the first day of organized team workouts, that Romo underwent the procedure last month and could return for the mandatory minicamp that starts June 11. He will be ready for training camp in July.

Romo became the highest-paid player in franchise history in March when he signed a six-year, $108 million extension with $55 million guaranteed, more than Super Bowl winner Joe Flacco of Baltimore.

The Dallas Morning News reported that the outpatient procedure was performed before the NFL draft. Romo was restricted to light conditioning work in April but has been cleared to throw.

''If this was the regular season and I had to play next week, I could,'' Romo told the newspaper Monday. ''That's why I did it now. This will have no effect on training camp.''

TexasCowboy

Straight Talker
Dr Jerruh who by the way clears all his patients to play when they are injured. I am
sure green lighted Romo and reminded him that he is paying him Peyton Manning type
money and wants to see more out of his star QB

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
The last thing I expect are violins from these people...I am merely stating what is
undeniable fact
Try "undeniable" prediction instead.
One thing I will agree with, it's that it's always a 50/50 proposition whether Romo will finish the season with that O-line. Broken collar bone a 3 years ago, broken ribs and punctured lung a couple of years ago, took a beating in just about every game last year.

TexasCowboy

Straight Talker
More like 30/70 that he finishes the season in 1 piece and it pains me to say it that
way! but it can't be denied that there has not been any upgrades since Jerruh
became cap strapped

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
With all the injuries players are just thrown back to play, I can't even imagine a cyst removal having gone so badly.........or what could have gone so badly that Romo would not be playing in a game 2 1/2 months later. There's definitely information that has not been revealed. You would expect something like a melanoma removal with adjunct treatment or something.........not a cyst removal. Very strange.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
With all the injuries players are just thrown back to play, I can't even imagine a cyst removal having gone so badly.........or what could have gone so badly that Romo would not be playing in a game 2 1/2 months later. There's definitely information that has not been revealed. You would expect something like a melanoma removal with adjunct treatment or something.........not a cyst removal. Very strange.
Or, maybe they just think they're set at QB, and there is nothing to gain by his playing in an "extra" preseason game.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Or, maybe they just think they're set at QB, and there is nothing to gain by his playing in an "extra" preseason game.
One might think that until you read this only 4 day old piece.
Cowboys QB Tony Romo confirms he wants to play in HOF game

Back in May, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo underwent surgery to remove a cyst on his back. It forced him to miss OTAs, and now, according to coach Jason Garrett, Romo won't play Sunday when the Cowboys face the Dolphins in the Hall of Fame game.

Romo, however, has different ideas about what he'll be doing at Fawcett Stadium in Canton, Ohio, this weekend.

"If I did play, it would be a series, [so] whether you went eight plays or three plays, I'm not sure how much that is going to affect that," Romo said, via ESPNDallas.com. "Saying that, I still want to play every time I suit up. Every time I step out there -- your juices are flowing and you want to compete. From that perspective, yeah, but whatever the coaches want."

Yes, football players are competitive, so it's hardly surprising that Romo wants to be on the field. Then again, this is preseason, which means that starters will play a series, maybe two. If Romo isn't 100 percent, there's really no reason to put him out there. Which is what Garrett is thinking.

TexasCowboy

Straight Talker
If Romo isn't 100 percent, there's really no reason to put him out there. Which is what Garrett is thinking.
this is a call straight from the top..Garrett doesn't play Romo until he is cleared at
100% remember $55 million was invested and anything to damage that investment
results in heads rolling round The Ranch

Starting with the guy who is all ready on thin ice at head coach

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Wish I'd have followed this thread. Totally surprised Romo isn't playing. Long day at work, I was hoping the guy could help me get a few laughs.

Orton looks competent.