Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2005   #141
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbills
We had two playoff teams in our division one went to the superbowl. The New England patriots made the Colts look like a pop warner team and they swept you last year right? I would hardly call our defense an overrated unit, its not our fault we had to play the browns and niners.
we had this discussion actually on the bills board a little while ago, like i said there. you can't help who you play, your right. but when you go back and look at your season, do you actually believe your defense was tested night in and night out by the best, and stood strong.. i doubt you do. the fact is they got the 2nd place ranking because they played bad offenses, so that, added on top of a above avg defense, gives the perception that the bills are a dominant D. when reality is they were above avg, and got to play bad offensive teams, and took advantage of it, had they played some of the more high powered offenses, like the Texans did, i doubt that their #2 ranking would be that high
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #142
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If a picture is worth 1000 words, I wonder how much a gif is worth?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #143
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Vinny, thanks for posting that. How the hell did he break out of that?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #144
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Are these the same Bills fans that were begging us to beat Jacksonville for them?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #145
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Vinny, thanks for posting that. How the hell did he break out of that?
True Grit baby, True Grit.
Old 07-07-2005   #146
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
when reality is they were above avg, and got to play bad offensive teams, and took advantage of it, had they played some of the more high powered offenses, like the Texans did, i doubt that their #2 ranking would be that high

Who are these high powered offenses you speak of? Colts, I will give you that and Minnesota. I see no other "high powered" offenses you played last year.

If we are just above average where are our weak points on defense. There isnt one position right now that you can say is a weak point on the defense.
CAbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #147
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Who are these high powered offenses you speak of? Colts, I will give you that and Minnesota. I see no other "high powered" offenses you played last year.

If we are just above average where are our weak points on defense. There isnt one position right now that you can say is a weak point on the defense.
Why don't you give us a game by game breakdown of who played last year and tell what you'd grade them on a 1-10 scale, 10 being the best. Include scores.
Sponsored links
Old 07-07-2005   #148
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Why don't you give us a game by game breakdown of who played last year and tell what you'd grade them on a 1-10 scale, 10 being the best. Include scores.
Old 07-07-2005   #149
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Can we then stop plz. Start a new thread. Let's compare LB's or something. Hey, that'll actually be a good topic. Did your team run a 4-3 or a 3-4?
Old 07-07-2005   #150
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll give our cheerleaders a 10

as for the Bills, they are pretty solid on D , I'll give them that.

If our OL can pass block, and if we can get any kind of pass rush, should be an exciting game. I do think we will confuse JP though.. so key for our D is stop that run and make JP beat us..

should be a good

Last edited by Wolf; 07-07-2005 at 09:46 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #151
CAbills
Rookie

4-3 zone blitzing scheme.
Old 07-08-2005   #152
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:

If we are just above average where are our weak points on defense. There isnt one position right now that you can say is a weak point on the defense
Houston= Kansas City #1, Indianapolis #2 (twice), Green Bay #3, Minnesota #4, and Denver #5, San Diego #10, Titans #11 (twice), Jets # 12, Oakland #17, Jacksonville #21 (twice), Detroit #24, Cleveland # 28, Chicago #32

Buffalo= Jacksonville# 21, Oakland#17 New England#7 (twice), N.Y. Jets#12 (twice), Miami#29 (twice), Baltimore #31, Arizona #27, St. Louis #6, Seattle #8, Cleveland #28, Cincinnati #18, San Francisco #26, Pittsburgh #16

like i said, your Defense had it easy in comparison to the Texans D... and i dont think there are any weak players, but no stars either. just a bunch of above average players at every position
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #153
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Can we then stop plz. Start a new thread. Let's compare LB's or something. Hey, that'll actually be a good topic. Did your team run a 4-3 or a 3-4?
I Love it. Where did you get the "Beat the Dead Horse"?

Also to distill it down:

Buffalo's opponents avg. rated offense(the ranking according to the NFL or strength of schedule (lower means they faced better offenses): 18.375
Houston's opponents avg. rated offense: 12.75

Last edited by jppaul; 07-08-2005 at 03:31 AM.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #154
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

You talking about this Buffalo defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre_80

ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #155
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
You talking about this Buffalo defense?
I love that clip.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #156
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, i'm curious to see which of those bills are still on their defense in the clip. Cabills, can you tell us this? i can't really see the jersey numbers all that great.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #157
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
yeah, i'm curious to see which of those bills are still on their defense in the clip. Cabills, can you tell us this? i can't really see the jersey numbers all that great.
I forgot one play defines a team. Your right though I am sure I couldnt find one play of the Texans D getting scored on.

Good play none the less.
Old 07-09-2005   #158
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

You can see Lawyer Milloy, Takeo Spikes, looks like Clements and Winfield also. London Fletcher is one of the inital three guys he breaks away from. Hard to tell the rest from that clip.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005   #159
red bull
Rookie

Quote:
We played the top five offenses in the league, including Indianapolis twice. That's six games against top five offenses.
red bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005   #160
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

If ya'll go back in NFL history and look up top defenses you'll see that (for the most part) they collectively played weaker opponents for most of the seaosn.

Their are alot of things that go into winning or at leats going to a SB:
A. Strength of schedule-do you think the Pats recent legacy is tarnished if we go back and see that they played weaker opponents in one of the three seasons that they won it all, probably not. Same goes for the 90's cowgirls, 80's 49er's and redskins, and the 70's steelers. I'm sure they played some weak offensive opponents from time to time and maybe even one season they played mostly weak offensive teams. Same goes for the bills 4 AFC champs in a row. Another good one is to look up the undefeated Fins team in the early 70's and see what their strength of schedule was.

B. Luck-Some of the teams have to re-build or go through an injury ditch and the opposing teams that get to play them usually win. This is sometimes a result of the revolving schedule we got now.

There are other reasons but these are two common reasons that teams like the bills look that they have an exceptional defense when in reality they have an average/sub-par defense that couldn't tackle a sack of potatoes as long as it had #80 Texans jersey on it.

Last edited by Big B Texan Fan; 07-10-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Big B Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read