Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2005   #101
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats up CAbills , Look this is the way I look at the game. It will be a very competitive game, one that will test our run defense early. I am also looking forward to seeing how Carr does against their D with the new 3 step drops. should be a great game. The Bills shouldn't be taken lightly however, this could become a battle for the wild card spot, who knows.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #102
CAbills
Rookie

Should be a close game especially being week 1. Losman will probably be very excited and could make more careless mistakes than say in week 12. I cant wait till training camp till I can make my final judgement of this team. Right now I see the bills anymore from a 6-10 team to a 10-6 team.

But we all secretly know the Bills will come out with the W.

CAbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #103
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha, the Texan fans feel the same way. We can be anywhere from a 6-10 team to a 10 or 11-5 team. We feel we should come out with a W also. May the best team win. P.S. Bledsoe sucks and his play this year is going to make Parcells question why he ever came out of retirement.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #104
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Bills lose.

What else am I supposed to say?
Old 07-05-2005   #105
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
The Vikes [went to 4 straight Super Bowls] years ago. The Purple Eaters era
The Vikes went to 3 out of 4 from 1974-1977 (1973-1976 seasons).

http://www.superbowl.com/history/recaps
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #106
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I've already posted it but the only two teams to ever bust 3 in a row are the Dolphins (3) and the Bills (4)

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #107
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bills
I could say we all have no business talking about the NFL because we dont play. His football skill doesent have anything to do with his observational skills. He grew up watching young play.
Weak.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-05-2005   #108
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

What's weak about that? I think that was a good point.

Old 07-05-2005   #109
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
What's weak about that? I think that was a good point.
I make a lot of comparisons and analysis on football but certainly not in the pretext that it is supposed to be taken as an arguement from authority. That is like me reading a medical case and then putting on my doctor's coat and giving medical advice. Jabari Greer is no position to make a comparison of that nature and have it carry any kind of weight. I grew up watching Steve Young play and I certainly don't expect anyone to go to use my comparisons as evidence of preemptive prospective greatness for B.J. Symons.

What is Tony Hollings said something similar about B.J. Symons, is it supposed to mean anything to me?

Well I can assure you that it carries limited value, at least for me. But if you want to blindly accept the comparison as true be my guest.

I think I just gave myself carpal-tunnel.
Old 07-05-2005   #110
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Then what does it make us? Most of us have never been on a NFL team but we talk about players all the time. I think he made a valid point. Feel free to disagree with the viewpiont but he is just passing on what he hears. I don't find that weak.

Old 07-05-2005   #111
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Quote:
Then what does it make us? Most of us have never been on a NFL team but we talk about players all the time. I think he made a valid point. Feel free to disagree with the viewpiont but he is just passing on what he hears. I don't find that weak.
I was all explained above, Vinny. I think it was weak that the original statement was supposed to carry some kind of weight.

Just passing on what he hears? That is retarded. Each of us should evaluate what we hear before turning around and regurgitating it.
Old 07-05-2005   #112
Vinny
shiny happy fan

That's all I do here. I pass on what I hear. Just take it fwiw instead of dogging the guy. I find THAT weak.

Old 07-05-2005   #113
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Quote:
That's all I do here. I pass on what I hear. Just take it fwiw instead of dogging the guy. I find THAT weak.
If someone is going to state something of that magnitude i want to hear their reasons for supporting it.

I wasn't dogging or attacking anyone more so just inviting them to explain thier reasons. Now you are attacking me without provocation, in lieu of a valid counterarguement, and that is pretty weak.
Old 07-05-2005   #114
CAbills
Rookie

Have you seen JP play? My guess is no. How are you anymore right saying that he wrong in comparing him to Young? Not saying his statement was true or not but saying one opinion is better than another...
Old 07-05-2005   #115
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbills
Have you seen JP play? My guess is no...
Who has? The guy has thrown 5 career passes in the NFL. Any comparisons to HOFers is premature. At best.

I think it's fair to say that Losman will struggle early in his career. Like most young QBs, including Steve Young. The Bills will probably need to win in spite of Losman, rather than because of him. At first. If the Bills can win while Losman learns on the job, they'll be much better off in the long run. If.
Old 07-05-2005   #116
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Sorry when I noticed Dre 80 posted this clip I couldn't resist putting a link to it in this thread. AJ's TD Catch
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #117
CAbills
Rookie

You will need to keep reliving the past and watching those clips after what happens sept. 11. However, that was a SICK play and I give props where props are due.

Last edited by CAbills; 07-05-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-05-2005   #118
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbills
You will need to keep reliving the past and watching those clips after what happens sept. 11.
Isn't your avatar clips from the past??
Old 07-05-2005   #119
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
LOL...that was funny.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #120
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Yes, from the last game of the 04 season, I dont see what that has to do with anything though? I havent said anything about what McGahee will do to your defense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read