Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2005   #81
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Peek isnt our DE, he's our OLB and if you have TEs on the field helping in your pass protection, you won't be able to run a 3wr set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
sure you can. Most 3wr sets are single back sets with a TE.

Listen to your fellow fans, some are quite knowledgeable.
CAbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #82
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbills
Listen to your fellow fans, some are quite knowledgeable.
It happens every summer, the not quite so "with it" fans tend to disappear as the season gets closer.
Old 07-04-2005   #83
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont think we are going to leave him on an island either, he will have TE's lined up with him and TE's and RB's chip blocking his man all day.
I do know what I'm talking about. I can't help it, if you don't. Maybe I misunderstood you, but when you said TE's I thought you were talking about a 2 TE formation. Maybe you should stick around a little longer, we are quite knowledgealbe you might learn something.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 07-04-2005 at 01:23 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #84
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Who are the Bills' TE's anyway?
What were their stats last year?
What are they projected to do this year?
Old 07-04-2005   #85
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Who are the Bills' TE's anyway?
What were their stats last year?
What are they projected to do this year?
I don't know, but apperently TE's means one TE. So it shouldn't be to hard to pull up his stats.

- Edmund Burke
Old 07-04-2005   #86
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
I don't know, but apperently TE's means one TE. So it shouldn't be to hard to pull up his stats.
Oh, I can pull up the stats easy no prob. I was just giving CAbills a chance to gloat a little about some guys we've never heard of. I'm sure he can make them all sound like Pro-Bowlers.
Old 07-04-2005   #87
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Just looked up their stats. They seem pretty solid and got good production out of their TEs. 399 receiving yards 7 TD's not bad. Given our TE position, plus for them. God all I want is a freakin complete TE

- Edmund Burke
Sponsored links
Old 07-04-2005   #88
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Oh, I can pull up the stats easy no prob. I was just giving CAbills a chance to gloat a little about some guys we've never heard of. I'm sure he can make them all sound like Pro-Bowlers.
Gloat tell me once where I gloat? I try to be objective but it is difficult.

Our TE's, meaning we dont really have a #1 guy we have a committee if you will with the two front runners being Mark Campbell and Euthus. Euthus was our 4th round draft pick in 04, great hands and receiving abilities needs to work on his blocking technique. Campbell is a solid blue collar guy, just the type we like in Buffalo. Nothing fancy just a reliable gritty guy. Both were unfornutaley injured in the same game at Miami both with ACL problems! Imagine the luck.

Anyways both are doing well in rehab and reports say should be full strength by training camp. In 12 games played Campbell had 5 TDs. In 5 games started from Euthus he had 2 tds. Not a great good but a solid one.

The real prize of all bills fans though is Jason Peters our UDFA from last year. A 6-4, 328 lb TE with 4.9 speed has all fans over his potential, coaches have said he is very raw though and are currently trying to see how he can do at LT.

Finally! Our 3rd round TE pick from this year out of the U Kevin Everette unfortunately torn his ACL in minicamp (Bill's TE's and their ACLs, sheesh).

We also have Ryan Neufield is more a situational blocking TE.

So there you go more than Texan fans ever wanted to know about Buffalo tight ends. Anyways by saying "TE's" I meant multiple in the fact that we dont have a bonafide star. Sorry for the mishap.

Old 07-04-2005   #89
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nothing fancy just a reliable gritty guy. Both were unfornutaley injured in the same game at Miami both with ACL problems! Imagine the luck.

Anyways both are doing well in rehab and reports say should be full strength by training camp. Finally!

Our 3rd round TE pick from this year out of the U Kevin Everette unfortunately torn his ACL in minicamp (Bill's TE's and their ACLs, sheesh).
Nobody knows more about injured TEs than Texan fans

- Edmund Burke
Old 07-04-2005   #90
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
"Prediction?.................Pain" -
Clubber Lang in Rocky

Thats good but i really hope it is "PAYNE"
Old 07-04-2005   #91
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
sure you can. Most 3wr sets are single back sets with a TE.
I think what he was trying to say was that with multiple TE or TEs and a single back you wouldn't have a 3 WR set instead you would have a singleback - big set consisting of 2 TEs 2WR and one RB.

I think by TEs he meant multiple but since he put a TE's I couldn't tell.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #92
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he was trying to say that, but if you want to be nit-picky you can twist anyone's words. He posted and cleared it up. That's good enough for me...should be for you too.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #93
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

It was just a misunderstanding in the wee hours of the morning. Its all ready been cleared up.

- Edmund Burke
Old 07-04-2005   #94
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think he was trying to say that, but if you want to be nit-picky you can twist anyone's words. He posted and cleared it up. That's good enough for me...should be for you too.
Wasn't trying to be Nit Picky just didn't get to the last page and read the replies before I posted. My bad.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #95
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Houston has won 2 out of 3 opening day games so unless Buffalo is what San Diego was last year, I have to say Houston. That, and Im still iffy on Losman. Plus, Houstons improved in most aspects. Our O Line still needs a good LT, and our defense sacrificed some run stoppers for some athleticism. I know its still too early to be jumping the gun on this subject, but until then, this is how I feel about opening day.
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #96
Buffalo_Bills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul
What possible business does Jabari Greer have comparing Losman to Steve Young? What is he your 4th cornerback? That would be like Jammal Lord saying that B.J. Symons reminded him a lot of Joe Montana.

It is entirely irrelevant what a pine riding DB thinks about this issue. Now if Steve Young said he reminds me a lot of myself that is a different story.
I could say we all have no business talking about the NFL because we dont play. His football skill doesent have anything to do with his observational skills. He grew up watching young play.

anyways, Evans led the lead in rookies last year, Moulds is Moulds, Parrish is fast and can catch, and reed takes some coverage, and we have willis for the run. After they do there job our D will stop ur guys from doing theirs.
Old 07-04-2005   #97
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bills
After they do there job our D will stop ur guys from doing theirs.
That D didn't do their job all that well against our guys in 03 when AJ had 4 catches for 122yds and a TD.

*edit* Call me crazy (pauses for someone to call me crazy), but I'm thinking our offense will be a little better than it was in our second year in the league.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #98
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
That D didn't do their job all that well against our guys in 03 when AJ had 4 catches for 122yds and a TD.

*edit* Call me crazy (pauses for someone to call me crazy), but I'm thinking our offense will be a little better than it was in our second year in the league.
Word!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2005   #99
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bills
anyways, Evans led the lead in rookies last year, Moulds is Moulds, Parrish is fast and can catch, and reed takes some coverage, and we have willis for the run. After they do there job our D will stop ur guys from doing theirs.
Too bad theres nobody to throw to them . . .
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #100
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88
Too bad theres nobody to throw to them . . .
How long have you been waiting to say that one.

Last edited by CAbills; 07-05-2005 at 12:40 AM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read