Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2005   #61
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Hey, arent the Bills gonna enshrine Thurman Thomas in their Ring of Honor @ the game in week 1. He deserves it, he was awesome. Former Houstonian that played his HS football @ Willowridge. Kinda ironic, Houston guy gets enshrined in Buffalo while the Houston team is in for the game.
I believe so. Those teams in the 90s where so great. Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Thurman, and Bruce all in there primes all on the same team. I only wish they could have won one, because the talent seems to be downplayed on that team because they never won, but show me the team that was gone to 4 straight.
CAbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #62
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbills
I believe so. Those teams in the 90s where so great. Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Thurman, and Bruce all in there primes all on the same team. I only wish they could have won one..
Yes, you really had it going on. They were great .. and as for Jim Kelly, many around Houston have a soft spot for that guy!
He was our local hero with the Gamblers.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #63
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bills
Also i just don't see you being able to cover Moulds, Evans, Parrish and Reed.
Well seeing as how you're probably not very familiar with our secondary I guess I should clue you in a bit. Dunta Robinson played great last season as a rookie, and he nearly finished with the DROY but Vilma won it. Phillip Buchanon will likely start opposite him, and he has tons of talent but he is a bit of a gambler at times. Our DB Coach, Hoke, did wonders with guys like Faggins and DRob and we expect him to do the same with Phillip. Speaking of Faggins many outside of Houston haven't heard much about him, but trust me when I say he's a solid CB. He began as a 6th Round pick, and through hardwork, perserverance, and good coaching he developed into a CB that could start for many teams. He's the NB for our team. I would put these three CBs against any three WRs in the league, and be confident that they'd perform well. We have Marcus Coleman playing FS. He'll be entering his second season playing that role, and he's demonstrated great playmaking ability at the position already. You might recall his 102yd INT return for a TD against the Chiefs last season that helped propel us on to a W. Glenn Earl is another young talented guy. He played last season after recovering from an ACL injury in college, but he still performed pretty well. I'm expecting him to do even better this season. Theres no doubt that DRob and Phillip have the speed and skills to keep up with Moulds and Evans, but should still be a good matchup. Reed isn't much to worry about IMO, but Parrish looks like he could develop into a very good slot WR for the Bills. I'm hoping as the game nears we'll see more posters like CAbills since he's made some fair posts so far, and he appears to know a little about the team his Bills are facing.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #64
CAbills
Rookie

I do feel that the Texans secondary will be one of the better ones we face all year. You can only expect Dunta to up his play from last year with a year under his belt, Buchanon is a hit or miss he is one of those guys who will win you one and lose you two. From what I have gathered from the fans here though it seems as if you have a very good secondary's coach and maybe he can turn his play around.

It will be fun to see AJ and the rest of the Texan receivers against out secondary also. Clements is a top 5 corner in the leauge and all pro, while Terrence really started coming into his own at the end of last season. Again it should be a very enjoyable game to watch as it seems, atleast this early, either team can pull out the W. But we all know inevitably it will be the bills.
Old 07-02-2005   #65
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
I believe so. Those teams in the 90s where so great. Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Thurman, and Bruce all in there primes all on the same team. I only wish they could have won one, because the talent seems to be downplayed on that team because they never won, but show me the team that was gone to 4 straight.
The Vikes did it years ago. The Purple Eaters era
Old 07-02-2005   #66
Buffalo_Bills
Rookie

When i said i cant see you covering them all, well i cant see many teams covering all them. Evans has his blazing speed and great hands, Moulds is already proven, Parrish also has blazing speed, and reed is there to take some coverage... You double Eric Evans will burn ya deep, double evans and eric will burn ya all over, double both we still got roscoe and josh, if that fails we can just use mcgahee to run it. He goes down we might have Travis Henry.
Old 07-02-2005   #67
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
The Vikes did it years ago. The Purple Eaters era
4 straight? I dont think so?
Sponsored links
Old 07-02-2005   #68
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Buffalo and Miami are the only two teams to go to more than 2 in a row.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #69
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Our defense faces quite possibly the best passing attack in the NFL twice each season (Colts). I'm not too worried about how our DBs will hold up against the Bills WRs. They definately have a talented group, but I don't think I'd put them among the best in the league nor would I put them among the worst. They probably fall somewhere among several other teams that have good depth and potential at WR. They have a great WR in Moulds. An emerging young star in Evans, and a speedster rookie in Parrish. I don't see Reed having much of an impact, but its really anyones guess.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #70
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
When i said i cant see you covering them all, well i cant see many teams covering all them. Evans has his blazing speed and great hands, Moulds is already proven, Parrish also has blazing speed, and reed is there to take some coverage... You double Eric Evans will burn ya deep, double evans and eric will burn ya all over, double both we still got roscoe and josh, if that fails we can just use mcgahee to run it. He goes down we might have Travis Henry.
I guess we shoulnd't even show up.
Old 07-03-2005   #71
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
I guess we shoulnd't even show up.

Just some high optimism from a bills fan.
Old 07-03-2005   #72
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Other teams did it last year
Old 07-03-2005   #73
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Other teams did it last year
Yes and that is part of the reason Evans lead the league for rookies in amount of touchdowns.
Old 07-03-2005   #74
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes and that is part of the reason Evans lead the league for rookies in amount of touchdowns.
Well I hope it's a good game though.
Old 07-03-2005   #75
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wanted the prediction not Cabills

JP is better than you all think. He is good enough that we sacked Bledsoe, our defense says he can pick them apart, and just recently Jabari Greer compared him to steve young.
Buffalo Wins 21-17
What possible business does Jabari Greer have comparing Losman to Steve Young? What is he your 4th cornerback? That would be like Jammal Lord saying that B.J. Symons reminded him a lot of Joe Montana.

It is entirely irrelevant what a pine riding DB thinks about this issue. Now if Steve Young said he reminds me a lot of myself that is a different story.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005   #76
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't see you having enough protection to constantly run a 3-wide single back set. While that might sound a little cocky coming from a fan whose team had one of the worst pass rushes in the league LASY YEAR, I see us being much more successful in that area this year.

I have read an article I think it was from LenTubby at ESPN that stated that "Losman would cut his teeth on the Texans defense" on the contrary I think Peek will have a huge impact on this game lining up against a subpar left tackle now that Jonas Jennings is gone.

24-13 Texans

jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005   #77
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul
I think Peek will have a huge impact on this game lining up against a subpar left tackle now that Jonas Jennings is gone.
Jonas was a decent LT, was he severly overpaid by SF yes? The guy hasnt been able to play a full season in a while. We have no idea what we are getting with Gandy but McNally one of the best, if not the best offensive line coaches in the game seems to have faith in him.

I dont think we are going to leave him on an island either, he will have TE's lined up with him and TE's and RB's chip blocking his man all day.

In the AFC East we face some great DE's Jason Taylor, J. Abe, Seymour and we did fairly well against them last year, and Peek may be a good DE but no way is he any better than those three RIGHT NOW. He could be down the road, I dont know.
Old 07-03-2005   #78
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Peek isnt our DE, he's our OLB and if you have TEs on the field helping in your pass protection, you won't be able to run a 3wr set.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005   #79
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

sure you can. Most 3wr sets are single back sets with a TE.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005   #80
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Until I see anything on the field either in camp or pre-season games Ill hold on to my true prediction.

Until then my homer prediction

127 - 3 Texans

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read