Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2005   #661
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0ck
it's a harry potter reference. it's the school of wizardry that harry and co. attend, and coincidentally where a major portion of the storyline takes place.

i felt like that was more constructive to respond to than the original poster and his statement/prediction. better than feeding a troll anyway...can't wait 'till noon and all the speculation fly's away with the

oh. i guess i did not read those...
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #662
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Default Bills Fans

just how long do you Bill's fans really think Mcgahee is going to last, he is a risk every time he steps on the field, take a look back at his college injury, that defensive back made mcgahee's leg look like a soft pretzel, during the championship, that is a serious injury that will never go away, wait till Antwan Peek or Jason Babin aim for his leg, it will make that college injury look like a cut finger, anyway he will not last a full season, please return back to this thread, and thank me for the warning you guys, and to let henry go, you guys have no back up. GOOD LUCK
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #663
sandt38
Bills Fan

Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
just how long do you Bill's fans really think Mcgahee is going to last, he is a risk every time he steps on the field, take a look back at his college injury, that defensive back made mcgahee's leg look like a soft pretzel, during the championship, that is a serious injury that will never go away, wait till Antwan Peek or Jason Babin aim for his leg, it will make that college injury look like a cut finger, anyway he will not last a full season, please return back to this thread, and thank me for the warning you guys, and to let henry go, you guys have no back up. GOOD LUCK
We had another back who suffered the same injury, who we took into our fold as well.

His name is Thurman Thomas

Also, we have Williams. Williams was called on last year a couple times and turned up big games for us each time.

Quote:
Secondly, Price struggled so much in Atlanta in part because he was the number 1 reciver, but mostly because Michel Vick was his quarterback
I wouldn't say "mostly" by any means. While I don't think Vick is a good QB at all, Price did suffer doubles where Moulds pulled them off. There is no denying that Moulds pulls doubles everywhere he goes, so I don't understand why you might argue this. I used Price to show what intangibles aren't brought to the table by means of a simple stat.

Quote:
I think with McGahee you have a real workhorse back, but is he going to be enough to get you 10 wins? The way I see it, a great game from a running back would be in the area of 150 yds and a score, where are the rest of the points going to come from is the passing game is going to be as conservative as the "just don't turn it over" approach.
So you are saying that the only way to be a great RB is to have 2400 yards and 16 TDS? A great game by a running back is 90+ yards and a W in my book. With 90 yards the back has done enough to keep the passing game open (because let's be real, his job is to keep secondaries guessing and give a valuable second to the recievers running routes), and is on target for 1440 yards for the season. The RB is not the only player on the field, so to expect 150 yards and a score every game seems farfetched... so much so it has never been done. While OJ might have accomplished it in a 16 game season (remember, his 2000+ yard season was in a 14 game year), I really doubt it... by default it almost seems as if you are suggesting there has never been a great back . Seriously though, I don't understand why people feel you need to have massive numbers to have a great game. Again, there are intangibles that aren't always reflected in a YPG.TD/game stat. Here's a couple:

Buffalo; 0-4 with travis Henry, 9-2 with Willis.

Buffalo; Allowed 19 sacks with Henry in 4 games, Allowed 16 sacks with McGahee in 11 games, including 0 against Miami and the Jets (2 fine defenses last year), and a total of 5 against NE and the Steelers (3 and 2 respectively).

So if you consider the context of my origional quote and remember I responded to this;

Quote:
Thanks for not bashing Carr but since when is Jp surrounded by huge talent?
AJ is better than any wide revicer on your team and Davis had more yds from scrimage than McGahee, if Losman has huge talent around him, than the Texans are a Pro-Bowl team!!!
I think we can agree this dude is way off base.
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #664
touttail
All Pro

I am hoping our DEFENSE will put a licking on him and he WON'T keep a ticking------LOL

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #665
TigerBait
Veteran

Everyone needs to get off of Willis' d***. He's good, but we have faced better. Hell, our RB is just as good IMO.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #666
sandt38
Bills Fan

Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer

I think McGahee will see alot of action today. We are suffering with an inexperianced QB (who I truely hope will be a superstar), and a fairly weak passblocking O-line. JPs mobility may help us in the weak o-line dept. However, I feel like we picked up Bennie Anderson (a strong runblocker) to strengthen our running game, which the coaches seem to feel will dominate our offense this season.

Good luck to you all. The Texans fans have my utmost respect.
Old 09-11-2005   #667
sandt38
Bills Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait
Everyone needs to get off of Willis' d***. He's good, but we have faced better. Hell, our RB is just as good IMO.
I would say you haven't seen what he really brings to the game. If he stays healthy, he should be one of the best rushers to play the game today.
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #668
TigerBait
Veteran

I undoubtedly recognize that McGahee has unique talent, but he is no god send, and even the best running back can't "hammer" or much less succeed with 8 men in the box. He will most likely get 100 yards today and will most definately get 1,000 yards this season, but, after just one season, I would not dub him as one of the elite RB's to date.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #669
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38
I would say you haven't seen what he really brings to the game. If he stays healthy, he should be one of the best rushers to play the game today.
Last season we played against LT, Priest Holmes, Edge (twice), Fred Taylor, and Curtis Martin. I don't think McGahee is going to scare us now.
run-david-run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #670
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
Last season we played against LT, Priest Holmes, Edge (twice), Fred Taylor, and Curtis Martin. I don't think McGahee is going to scare us now.
hahahahah great post. He just put up well over 100 yards on you.
Old 09-12-2005   #671
RalphJr
Rookie

WOW.

Just got back from Buffalo. No other way to put it, you guys got manhandled, but I see all your posts here and whatnot, you know what happened, I ain't here to rub anything in. I said I would be here Monday come rain or shine and here I am. I tried to find a positive to bring to you guys, but all I can really say is hey, it's a long season. Buffalo started 0-4 last year and finished 9-7, ANYTHING is possible. Thought I'd relate one thing to you...

I was sitting on the 47 yard line, front row right behind where Dunta and P. Buch and all those guys were huddling up when off the field (if you got a tape, I'm in a throwback Evans jersey, lol). They were getting a lot of smack thrown at them by fans by the second half, but most of it was good natured, nothing raunchy or mean really. But when Carr threw the second pick, the dude next to me screams out "hey Dunta, I bet you wish Warren Moon was still the QB in Houston huh?" and Dunta turned around, after NO ONE had responded to any fans taunts at all, looked at the dude, pulled his do-rag up over his eyes a little and just barely nodded. EVERYONE who saw it started dying laughing. When Carr threw the third pick, Dunta turned right round and looked at the dude as if to say "oh brother, not again.".

I see all these "Fire Carr" threads and whatnot here, and I don't think your team will, but just know that at least Dunta is fed up with the O, or Carr, or both.I wouldn't be surprised if that spreads to the rest of the D as well.

Anyway, keep your cool Texans fans, tis a long season and you went up against a great D. 15 Games to go. Don't give up yet, and good luck.
RalphJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read