Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2005   #381
Evans Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Shouldnt you be in 5th period?

Listen EVANS FAN,

If you dont want to get his point, you dont have to. He is saying the outcome of this game cant be predicted merely on satistics from last year. And that is all. But you guys keep coming back with, "#2 in defense, #1 in ST" over and over.

then why do u bring up what aj did to us as a rookie and what davis did last year and what your defense did last year? Shouldn't u u be finishing your theisis? JK Anyway what do u want to judge this game on? the players on each team? I really don't see how u can not base the outcome of the game on stats or maybe u want to base it on what yeah team has done in the preseason . I don't know all i kno is what both teams did last year. Plus I don't think the Bills will make it to the SB to the playoffs sure but that's it.
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #382
Evans Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
let bills fans have some hope, its all they have left !!!!!

it's more than u guys have with that defense of yours.
Old 08-26-2005   #383
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan

blah, blah, blah....
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #384
RalphJr
Rookie

LOL, DC rock and all you guys are right, but without stats and last year we'd have nothing to talk about. That would be pretty boring.
RalphJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #385
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
I don't know, but maybe the raiders or bucs can help you answer that.
Cool, It was a question to "LosmanEvansMcgahee" with a little sarcasm behind it. He had asked "If the D was #2 last year why would it be any different?".
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #386
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan
We also have a team that throws "our defense is one of the best in the leauge" cards at us all the time.

And what do we do? Beat them in both games by a combined score of 41-6.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #387
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Yep Bill's fans ought to be greatful to us. You were able to control your own destiny going into the last game of the season thanks to the Texans (week 16 win over the Jags). It isn't our fault that you got beat by the Steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers to deny you a playoff bid.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2005   #388
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Cool, It was a question to "LosmanEvansMcgahee" with a little sarcasm behind it. He had asked "If the D was #2 last year why would it be any different?".

yeah i know, i just put that up in hopes he would read that and think. but i highly doubt he'll ever do that.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #389
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
yeah i know, i just put that up in hopes he would read that and think. but i highly doubt he'll ever do that.
some people have no touch with reality...
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #390
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Yep Bill's fans ought to be greatful to us. You were able to control your own destiny going into the last game of the season thanks to the Texans (week 16 win over the Jags). It isn't our fault that you got beat by the Steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers to deny you a playoff bid.
lol. burn
Old 08-26-2005   #391
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll reserve my opinion till the season starts. I haven't watched one second of any Bills games and probably won't but the media coverage will increase as the game gets closer and I'd like to see what kind of team they are predicted to have.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #392
Davis37
All Pro

I just saw the SportsCenter highlights of the Bills/Bears game. Not sure of the final score or how many points the backups scored but I believe the Bills only scored 13 points (against the BEARS def)... Even with a good def, I dont think 13 points is going to cut it against most teams.
Old 08-26-2005   #393
stephen1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
I just saw the SportsCenter highlights of the Bills/Bears game. Not sure of the final score or how many points the backups scored but I believe the Bills only scored 13 points (against the BEARS def)... Even with a good def, I dont think 13 points is going to cut it against most teams.
its just a meaningless preseason game. dont be shocked if they put up 30 on us
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #394
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1
Even though it is a preseason game, the 3rd game is when its time to see what ur teams can do (w/o having any injuries). Like I said, I didnt get to watch the game but they didnt put up many points against the Bears def. I also noticed to the stats ticker that Mcgahee (sp?) rushed 21 times for only 61 yards. Im not sure that's the exact stat but it was very low for 21 rushes.
Old 08-26-2005   #395
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1
Fire Fangio!!!
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #396
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Not like it's an excuse for losing to Pitts 2nd string, but in that last week we DIDN'T actually control our own destiny. We had to win and the Jets had to lose. Once the Jets saw on their scoreboard that we weren't going to beat pittsburgh they basically tanked the game. They didn't TRY to lose, but they didn't try to WIN either. So who knows?

BTW, i think all this was happening while the Browns was taking you to school. So to bust on us for losing to Pitts second string...please.
Old 08-27-2005   #397
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphJr
Not like it's an excuse for losing to Pitts 2nd string, but in that last week we DIDN'T actually control our own destiny. We had to win and the Jets had to lose. Once the Jets saw on their scoreboard that we weren't going to beat pittsburgh they basically tanked the game. They didn't TRY to lose, but they didn't try to WIN either. So who knows?

BTW, i think all this was happening while the Browns was taking you to school. So to bust on us for losing to Pitts second string...please.
Bottom line, you guys were in a playoff situation and we were not. All this talk about the jets tanking their game is irrelevant cuz you should win yours 1st and hope the rest comes out in the wash.

Let me guess, you're one of the ones who thinks your team is gonna beat ours? Hate to break the bad news to ya but it ain't goin' down like that.
Old 08-27-2005   #398
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Bottom line, you guys were in a playoff situation and we were not. All this talk about the jets tanking their game is irrelevant cuz you should win yours 1st and hope the rest comes out in the wash.

Let me guess, you're one of the ones who thinks your team is gonna beat ours? Hate to break the bad news to ya but it ain't goin' down like that.

I absolutely agree, we should have taken care of our business no matter what. No argument there.

But this talk about the Jets is NOT irrelevant because the previous posters said that thanks to you guys beating the Jags, we controlled our own destiny, which was WRONG. All I was doing was pointing that out. Read the post buddy. I said no excuses, just pointing out an error.

BTW, What does being in a playoff sit. or not have to do with anything? Were you guys dogging it to the browns because you were ALREADY out of contention? PLEASE. We both know our respective teams should have won those games, I'm just giving as good as i get. We blew it against the Pitts 2nd string, you blew it against the BROWNS. Winning is still the reason we play the game even if playoffs are already out of reach, yes?

And yes, great guess Nostradamus, i do believe my team will win Sept 11. I also believe it will be a close and hard fought game that could easily go either way, especially on opening day. Thanks for breaking the bad news to me though, would you mind giving me next weeks lotto numbers too Crescan? LMFAO!
Old 08-27-2005   #399
Evans Fan
Rookie

Tru we totally blew that pitt game well actully Lindell blew it then Bledsoe tanked on us too. Plus the bears gam really showed me that Losman could move well he escaped so many players grasps it wasn't even funny and when he ran he didn't do a vick where he say I'll do this myself. He looked for recievers on the run and found them. That was what really impressed me. He did it against the bears which has urlacher and fast d ends so imagine what he can do against a little slower d.
Old 08-27-2005   #400
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Why would a team go to the Super Bowl one year and have a losing record the next?
LosmanEvansMcGahee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read