Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2005   #361
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
So you can read the future now?
you can't?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #362
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

well i clearly can't read the future like this guy can.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #363
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosmanEvansMcGahee
He is in well command. Doesn't make any turnovers and is making things happen with his feet. Wait till week 1 when you see the deep bomb to Evans.

He's gotta cannon, just hasn't shown it off in preseason yet. The thing that I liked so far is his ability to convert third down. 6/8 last year. That's pretty good. Oh, and the Rushing TD, something Drew could never do.

It's gonna be a good game.
ok, last year JP attempted a whopping total of 5 passes during the regular season, one of them was an interception. I'd be happy to see him continue that 20% interception rate. This year during the preseason, JP is throwing shorter passes, hopefully our defense will adjust and make the picks anyway. I only hope our D puts some pressure on his inexperienced brain with numerous blitzes and fake blitzes... I don't care if the towel boy charges in from the sideline once in a while just to add to the confusion.

I'd take Drew over JP any day at this point in his career, however with more experience under his belt, JP might prove to be worthwhile, but not yet.
Old 08-25-2005   #364
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
ok, last year JP attempted a whopping total of 5 passes during the regular season, one of them was an interception. I'd be happy to see him continue that 20% interception rate. This year during the preseason, JP is throwing shorter passes, hopefully our defense will adjust and make the picks anyway. I only hope our D puts some pressure on his inexperienced brain with numerous blitzes and fake blitzes... I don't care if the towel boy charges in from the sideline once in a while just to add to the confusion.

I'd take Drew over JP any day at this point in his career, however with more experience under his belt, JP might prove to be worthwhile, but not yet.
Dude, trust me, you would not take Drew Bledsoe. What do you think kept us out of the Playoffs last year?

Oh, and the coaches are calling 'conservative' plays. He hasn't thrown the deep ball yet. They're just letting J.P get used to the speed of the NFL. And, J.P does practice against one the best, if not the best NFL in the game today.

Oh and for the record, Drew averaged over 1 TO per game.

Last edited by LosmanEvansMcGahee; 08-25-2005 at 02:48 AM.
LosmanEvansMcGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #365
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4796470

Everyone has noticed the less than stellar play of QB J.P. Losman, Buffalo's young starting quarterback, and that's why veteran Kelly Holcomb, who has a great command of the offense, was signed. Holcomb is great off the bench. ...
Less than Stellar? Well for one thing, we don't need him to play 'stellar', we just need him not to make stupid mistakes. And this preseason, J.P has only fumbled once and has 0 Interceptions. Which is what we need him to do. He is rarely going to have to take us on winning drives and stuff, just not f*ck up and let the rest of the team do the rest.

A lot of you think he needs to be absolutely amazing, but what you don't know is that:

1.) We have arguably the best Defense in the NFL
2.) We have the best Special Teams in the NFL
3.) We have one of the best RB's in the NFL
4.) We have awesome WR's in Eric Moulds in Lee Evans.
5.) We have one of the best Coaching Staff's in the NFL. We have the best Offensive Line Coach in the NFL and last year our HC was a rookie and led us to a 9-7 Record.

That's a verrrry good supporting cast if you ask me.

Good luck on Sept. 11th.
Old 08-25-2005   #366
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Less than Stellar? Well for one thing, we don't need him to play 'stellar', we just need him not to make stupid mistakes. And this preseason, J.P has only fumbled once and has 0 Interceptions. Which is what we need him to do. He is rarely going to have to take us on winning drives and stuff, just not f*ck up and let the rest of the team do the rest.

A lot of you think he needs to be absolutely amazing, but what you don't know is that:

1.) We have arguably the best Defense in the NFL
2.) We have the best Special Teams in the NFL
3.) We have one of the best RB's in the NFL
4.) We have awesome WR's in Eric Moulds in Lee Evans.
5.) We have one of the best Coaching Staff's in the NFL. We have the best Offensive Line Coach in the NFL and last year our HC was a rookie and led us to a 9-7 Record.

That's a verrrry good supporting cast if you ask me.

Good luck on Sept. 11th.
maybe you should replace some of the haves with hads. you had one of the best defenses last year, key word had, it's not a given that your defense will be the same as last year. you had one of the best special team returners last year, but once again that was last year. i think your opinion of your coaching staff is so biased, you don't even see it. your WRs are not awesome, they're better than average. your running back is not one of the best RBs in the league. i can name 15 other RBs better than him including your former RB henry. he's had one pretty good season, thats all. when he can put together a few seasons of that, than i'll give him credit. Hell, i could go on the Bills forum and say the same stuff about the texans if i wanted. i'll save my comments until after the game. just don't get your hopes up too high. thats all, the bills may have a great season or they may suck. you just never know until they play real football.
Old 08-25-2005   #367
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
Hell, i could go on the Bills forum and say the same stuff about the texans if i wanted.
But it wouldn't be true...
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2005   #368
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
But it wouldn't be true...
and neither is your postings. its all opinion or facts from last year.
Old 08-25-2005   #369
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
and neither is your postings. its all opinion or facts from last year.
Umm... If the D was #2 last year why would it be any different?

ST is same.

The O is really the only thing that changed and it got better.
Old 08-25-2005   #370
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Alot of QBs have the physical tools to play, but until gameday that really doesn't mean much. Up until this point in his career, he hasn't shown much, granted he hasn't played much, but still my point. i can understand your point of playing with a giant handicap named drew bledsoe, but do you really expect JP not not be somewhat of a handicap being so unexperienced?
I agree, you gotta do it in a real game, but the bottom line is that JP has the tools to succeed. Drew simply doesn't. He has one tool, his arm.

It's like this: we (or I would anyway, lol, there are still Drew supporters) would rather tolerate the bone headed mistakes of a rookie than the equally (Watch the games if you don't believe me) boneheaded mistakes of a twelve year vet. I agree that starting a rookie is also a handicap...but it is in a totally different mold. The handicap with Losman is inexperience. The handicap with Bledsoe is incompetence. Easy pick IMO. At least Losman has more positives to outweigh that handicap than just a cannon for an arm like Drew.
RalphJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #371
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:

ST is same.

Once again, because last year doesn't count. Coaches around the league know that last year you had a good defense, so did it occur to you that maybe they adjust and gameplan differently. Did it occur to you, that you don't play the exact same teams as the year before? As for special teams, just because a return man had X returns doesn't mean, he's going to have Xreturns this year.

As for the Offense being better, how do you know its better? you have to let the season begin and play games before you know that.
Old 08-25-2005   #372
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Once again, because last year doesn't count. Coaches around the league know that last year you had a good defense, so did it occur to you that maybe they adjust and gameplan differently. Did it occur to you, that you don't play the exact same teams as the year before? As for special teams, just because a return man had X returns doesn't mean, he's going to have Xreturns this year.

As for the Offense being better, how do you know its better? you have to let the season begin and play games before you know that.
You are just feeding the fire ATX. This guy isnt really listening to you, and your points, but merely regurgitating his bills stat book verbatim.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #373
Evans Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphJr
UGH...as a bills fan I will apologize for most of these maroons, they're embarrasing me and I didn't even do anything. Sorry guys, when you get "flyovers" from other boards they tend to be the kind of posters you don't want in the first place. I just came here to pick your brains so I know my opponent better. Believe me, not all bills fans think Houston is "agurentedwinonOpeningdaycuzour assssitentcoacheesarebitterthenyous".

Will be a tough game on both sides no doubt.

Did i say we would win because of the assitant coaches moron? u should talk trying to act suprior all i said we have a better staff if not that then why have asstitant coaches ***** u really piss me off for being a bills fan u know iu don't think u are a tru bills fan. houston has a good team but they have a lot of weakness in their defense like their linebackers GRR. just shut up ralph jr. i'm sorry but guys like u make me ashamed to be a bills fan . Truly college kids are stupid from here
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #374
Evans Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
You are just feeding the fire ATX. This guy isnt really listening to you, and your points, but merely regurgitating his bills stat book verbatim.

okay then why do people say the patriots are good or the steelers if u don't count stats from last year? the texans and bills have to be judged by the past or their would be no conversation here wish Vinny was here to say something about this
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #375
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan
okay then why do people say the patriots are good or the steelers if u don't count stats from last year? the texans and bills have to be judged by the past or their would be no conversation here wish Vinny was here to say something about this
Shouldnt you be in 5th period?

Listen EVANS FAN,

If you dont want to get his point, you dont have to. He is saying the outcome of this game cant be predicted merely on satistics from last year. And that is all. But you guys keep coming back with, "#2 in defense, #1 in ST" over and over.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #376
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Shouldnt you be in 5th period?

Listen EVANS FAN,

If you dont want to get his point, you dont have to. He is saying the outcome of this game cant be predicted merely on satistics from last year. And that is all. But you guys keep coming back with, "#2 in defense, #1 in ST" over and over.
Don't feed the trolls DCRock...Its not worth your time. Bill fans are over on thier message board predicting a SB! Those guys are worse then JagOff fan...
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #377
CAbills
Rookie

Please dont lump one fans opinion into a group of us all. Generalizations are a bad bad thing.
CAbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #378
Doug
All Pro

Quote:

ST is same.

Why would a team go to the Super Bowl one year and have a losing record the next?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #379
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

let bills fans have some hope, its all they have left !!!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #380
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Why would a team go to the Super Bowl one year and have a losing record the next?

I don't know, but maybe the raiders or bucs can help you answer that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read