Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2005   #341
Evans Fan
Rookie

yeah but doesn't every phase of the game matter and um this is about the season opener plus someone on the bills messanger board told us to go here to see how stypid you guys were yeah so we came
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #342
RalphJr
Rookie

UGH...as a bills fan I will apologize for most of these maroons, they're embarrasing me and I didn't even do anything. Sorry guys, when you get "flyovers" from other boards they tend to be the kind of posters you don't want in the first place. I just came here to pick your brains so I know my opponent better. Believe me, not all bills fans think Houston is "agurentedwinonOpeningdaycuzour assssitentcoacheesarebitterthenyous".

Will be a tough game on both sides no doubt.
RalphJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #343
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan
so what if i'm 16 that's truly a dumb comment i know my facts plus AJ did that in the past i thought the past doesn't matter look at lee evans nuber as a rook and imagine what he will do this year against a unproven defense it makes me want to show u ever clip[ of him i have but hey check him out for your self and assitant coaches mean alot in the NFL the more experienced the better they help the coach prepare for a game look at Jim Mcnally he doesn't make offensive linemen better if he doesn't have the experience and you will see Mike williams just destroy the guy on his side cuz he's so big and good i'm not trying to say i don't think the texans have a chance they do but u have to look into the past to see if that will run onmto this year. so AJ beat us ONCE! now Evans will return the favor
Seriously kid, you need to learn how to use periods... That run on sentence crap makes me not even want to read ur posts. Not that they have anything worth reading in them anyway. Thank you for setting me straight. Buffalo is going to kick our ***es because you guys have better assistant coaches...
Old 08-24-2005   #344
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphJr
UGH...as a bills fan I will apologize for most of these maroons, they're embarrasing me and I didn't even do anything. Sorry guys, when you get "flyovers" from other boards they tend to be the kind of posters you don't want in the first place. I just came here to pick your brains so I know my opponent better. Believe me, not all bills fans think Houston is "agurentedwinonOpeningdaycuzour assssitentcoacheesarebitterthenyous".

Will be a tough game on both sides no doubt.
I'm on the Bills board also Ralph and talked to some really kool ppl....But all boards have their problems...I just ignore the rude ones and concentrate on the intelligent ones...lol...I think the Bills are definately going to be a challenge for the Texans....Can't wait for the real football season to start....YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #345
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
I'm on the Bills board also Ralph and talked to some really kool ppl....But all boards have their problems...I just ignore the rude ones and concentrate on the intelligent ones...lol...I think the Bills are definately going to be a challenge for the Texans....Can't wait for the real football season to start....YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Yeah, saw you there! Ignoring the rude ones is key. The Bills board has good posters and HORRIBLE posters. You guys seem much more around the midpoint of sanity rather than at either extreme end. You actually seem to have more downers than homers from what i can see. Weird.

God, football is so close...Sept 11 baby! Unbelieveable. Seems like summer just started yesterday and now football is here.
Old 08-24-2005   #346
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
I doubt if many teams are afraid to pass against the Texans. In addition to our awesome pass rush, our secondary was so "good" that they ranked:

- next to last in completed pass percentage (64.9)
- next to last in passing touchdowns (32)
- 24th in passing yards allowed (3615)

luckily, we're equally inept at stopping the run, so don't look for teams to expose our lack of pass defense
Most of that can be attributed to the lack of pass rush. More time = higher %, more touchdowns completed, and more passing yards.

Despite that lack of getting to the QB, the Texans were still 3rd in the AFC with 22 interceptions. Personally I think that means a pretty good secondary.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #347
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bills will win because they have duh duh WaterBoy.

p.s. Gatorade is better.

p.p.s. RalphJr is the only bills fan opinion I respect around here.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2005   #348
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Has anyone seen Losman this year?

I have only Losman in highlight reels and his performance, or lack thereof, against UT a number of years ago and there should be cause for concern for Bills fans. Yes McGahee is on the road to being a top notch back, Evans is a stacked burner and the Defense is one of the better units in football. But, to give the ball to a second year player and ask him to lead you to the playoffs may be a bit much to ask. Expect a lot of blitzing this year. Not sure if Mcgahee was a part of the problem last year or WR's gave up on their routes with all those sacks. Yes Bledsoe does hang onto the ball a bit long, but that has been his method of operation for many years.

I think that the Bills are going to be ripe for us. The Texans have performed well on opening days, have instituted personnel on defense that have quickness, added depth and have an offensive core that has been together for a number of years. I do like what I have seen with Carr rolling out so far, just not sure how many options they will build off of it or how Carr wil fare once defesive coordinators know how to defend it. I do believe that this package could be the variable that finally gets our Offense on the consistent track to marked improvement.
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #349
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK

The Bills will win because they have duh duh WaterBoy.

p.s. Gatorade is better.

p.p.s. RalphJr is the only bills fan opinion I respect around here.
LOL, thanks!

And if you think JP looks like the Waterboy, go check out profootballtalk.com...they have a hilarious picture of JP next to Operaman. Too funny. Weirdest part is I've heard JP say that no one ever really mentioned the resemblance before...yeah right dude.
Old 08-24-2005   #350
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #351
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I have only Losman in highlight reels and his performance, or lack thereof, against UT a number of years ago and there should be cause for concern for Bills fans. Yes McGahee is on the road to being a top notch back, Evans is a stacked burner and the Defense is one of the better units in football. But, to give the ball to a second year player and ask him to lead you to the playoffs may be a bit much to ask. Expect a lot of blitzing this year. Not sure if Mcgahee was a part of the problem last year or WR's gave up on their routes with all those sacks. Yes Bledsoe does hang onto the ball a bit long, but that has been his method of operation for many years.
LOL, believe it or not man, last year was Drew's least sacked year since 97. Really. So IMO, if we can protect Drew, we can hopefully protect a kid who can actually move. We gameplanned around Drew's deficiencies all of last year, so gameplanning around the rook's isn't much different.

As far as the blitzing, JP practices against one of the fesitiest virtually all blitz D's in the league. Now practice is practice, and a game is a game, certainly, but the kid has to learn on the job sometime. An opener against one of the weakest pass rushes in the league seems custom made to me. (BTW--expect a few blitzes yourself )

Quote:

I think that the Bills are going to be ripe for us. The Texans have performed well on opening days, have instituted personnel on defense that have quickness, added depth and have an offensive core that has been together for a number of years. I do like what I have seen with Carr rolling out so far, just not sure how many options they will build off of it or how Carr wil fare once defesive coordinators know how to defend it. I do believe that this package could be the variable that finally gets our Offense on the consistent track to marked improvement.
Ripe? I don't know what this means really. Ripe for you how? Your O, other than the line, is pretty nice though. Thing is, can that line protect Carr? If they can, should be one heck of a game.
Old 08-24-2005   #352
The Preacher
Veteran

I have read things saying J.P. is struggling and others saying he is well in command. I haven't seen him play this preseason so which one is it? If he turns out to be solid the Bills could go a long way this year in my opinion and that spells trouble for week 1.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #353
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Preacher
I have read things saying J.P. is struggling and others saying he is well in command. I haven't seen him play this preseason so which one is it? If he turns out to be solid the Bills could go a long way this year in my opinion and that spells trouble for week 1.
Game 1: 19 att for 88 yards
Game 2: 14 att, 59 yards

Couldn't find scrambling stats, but he has about 40 yards in each game I believe with one rushing TD.

He hasn't been anything special, other than some nice scrambling, but then again he hasn't made any big mistakes so far either. No picks in two preseason games. Seems relatively settled in the pocket, and even on the move still looks to throw the ball, as opposed to just tucking and running, although it will take more time before his happy feet go away for good. Development looks to be right on track. As long as he keeps the mistakes in check, Buffalo should be in good shape.

We don't need the guy to be Mike Vick or McNabb. Just run the O efficiently and use his feet occasionally to get that first down that with Drew surely would have been a loss of 6 or 8 yards. The rest of the team will pick up the slack. Believe me, we didn't go 9-7 last year because of Drew!!!
Old 08-24-2005   #354
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, believe it or not man, last year was Drew's least sacked year since 97. Really. So IMO, if we can protect Drew, we can hopefully protect a kid who can actually move. We gameplanned around Drew's deficiencies all of last year, so gameplanning around the rook's isn't much different.

As far as the blitzing, JP practices against one of the fesitiest virtually all blitz D's in the league. Now practice is practice, and a game is a game, certainly, but the kid has to learn on the job sometime.
That is an understandable thought, but do you think that Drew practiced against a different D when he was in? I mean, you are saying that JP is practicing against a blitzkrieg, and will be able to stay upright, but on the flip side, Drew practiced against the same D. It just sounds a little biased is all.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #355
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
That is an understandable thought, but do you think that Drew practiced against a different D when he was in? I mean, you are saying that JP is practicing against a blitzkrieg, and will be able to stay upright, but on the flip side, Drew practiced against the same D. It just sounds a little biased is all.
Well, i am biased a little, i try but even my "bills goggles" slip on now and then, lol.

Here's the difference IMO: JP is learning and finding his way in the NFL. He is an empty vessel waiting to be filled with knowledge, and he has (this is crucial) the physical tools to utilize that knowledge once he (as long as he can) digests it all. JP is on his way UP in the NFL.

Drew is heading in an opposite direction. He's done learning. We gameplanned around this man's deficiencies all of last year. We tried (much like the Cowboys are doing now) to implement screens and dump offs to get the pressure off him...since Drew has no touch, it didn't matter. He constantly overthrew screens. Hell, even a 10 yard pass from Drew comes in at 60mph, the guy is simply all cannon. Anyway, screens and dump offs couldn't help Drew, he couldn't handle them. JP can. That will help the blitz stay back.

Tried to run play action too...ever seen a elephant run with two feet tied together? That elephant is still more nimble than Bledsoe. There were times last year when the man tripped over his own feet. JP can PA.

I could have drawn you a "treasure map" of where DB would be on every passing play last year...five steps back, X marks the spot. Every DE in the league new this, and it was "Sack-o-rama". If he stepped into the pocket, he'd pat the ball. That was his only move. He can't go side to side, and can't even create A LITTLE BIT with his feet. JP can shotgun, 5 step, 7 step, PA, Roll out either side, etc. And DEs won't be able to simply pin their ears back and go once they get burned by Los for 20 yards on a rollout. And that play will make all the difference during the game, as D's will HAVE to respect that ability. With Drew it was all blitz all the time.

This should illustrate how frustrating it is trying to drill Drew...Last year in training camp, we had a freakin' buzzer installed in Drew's helmet that would ring three seconds after the snap, to get him to get rid of the damn ball...it still DIDN'T HELP.

Bottom line is this: Drew is literally the old dog you can't teach a new trick. I respect everything he did in Buffalo to bring us back to respectability (I know that sounds crazy but even Drew was respectable after Rob Johnson) but the bottom line is the man is one thing: A Pure pocket passer with a cannon for an arm. Outside of the perfect situation of a perfect pro bowl O-line with a pro bowl Rb and recievers, that simply isn't enough.

JP has all the physical tools, arm and legs, a good, if cocky, head on his shoulders,and he is learning from Sam Wyche, one of the best coaches in the game. He will get better because he CAN. Drew never did simply because he was UNABLE to, he is what he is at this point in his career. This kind of explains why so many Buffalo fans have very high, and somewhat unrealistic expectations for this season...we really feel like we played last year with a giant handicap named Drew Bledsoe.

EDIT: Oh BTW, i was way off on JPs rushing stats in the other post, he has 55 yards between the two games and one td. That's what happens when you don't look stats up I guess.

Last edited by RalphJr; 08-24-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-24-2005   #356
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Unlike some on this post, I doubt that JP will be much of an issue with turnovers. I doubt the Bills will give him much of a chance to be too wild with the ball. Lots and Lots of Willis will be the flavor of the night. Later in the season I suspect they will lossen up, but for the first game....I don't expect Loseman to be much of a factor one way or the other unless we happen to jump out to a big lead, then they will probably try a more wide open approach. If it is a close game, I would give the nod to the Bills based on their defense.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #357
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
JP has all the physical tools, arm and legs, a good, if cocky, head on his shoulders,and he is learning from Sam Wyche, one of the best coaches in the game. He will get better because he CAN. Drew never did simply because he was UNABLE to, he is what he is at this point in his career. This kind of explains why so many Buffalo fans have very high, and somewhat unrealistic expectations for this season...we really feel like we played last year with a giant handicap named Drew Bledsoe.

Alot of QBs have the physical tools to play, but until gameday that really doesn't mean much. Up until this point in his career, he hasn't shown much, granted he hasn't played much, but still my point. i can understand your point of playing with a giant handicap named drew bledsoe, but do you really expect JP not not be somewhat of a handicap being so unexperienced?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #358
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Preacher
He is in well command. Doesn't make any turnovers and is making things happen with his feet. Wait till week 1 when you see the deep bomb to Evans.

He's gotta cannon, just hasn't shown it off in preseason yet. The thing that I liked so far is his ability to convert third down. 6/8 last year. That's pretty good. Oh, and the Rushing TD, something Drew could never do.

It's gonna be a good game.
LosmanEvansMcGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #359
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosmanEvansMcGahee
He is in well command. Doesn't make any turnovers and is making things happen with his feet. Wait till week 1 when you see the deep bomb to Evans.

He's gotta cannon, just hasn't shown it off in preseason yet. The thing that I liked so far is his ability to convert third down. 6/8 last year. That's pretty good. Oh, and the Rushing TD, something Drew could never do.

It's gonna be a good game.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4796470

Everyone has noticed the less than stellar play of QB J.P. Losman, Buffalo's young starting quarterback, and that's why veteran Kelly Holcomb, who has a great command of the offense, was signed. Holcomb is great off the bench. ...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #360
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosmanEvansMcGahee
Wait till week 1 when you see the deep bomb to Evans.

So you can read the future now?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read