Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2005   #321
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
This has got to be one of the lamest threads. Everything mentioned from the Bills fans are stats from last year. last year doesn't count anymore, every Texan fan knows that. Hell we lost to the browns last game of the year, doesn't mean they'll beat us again or we'll stink it up like that again. Let's just wait until Sept 11, before ya'll run your mouths.

I'm just tired of this Mcgahee that and Losman is the answer to your problems. look at the stats last year between Davis and Mcgahee.

Davis 302 rushes for 1188 yards. 3.9 avg. 13 TDs
Mcgahee 284 rushes for 1128 yards. 4.0 avg. 13 TDs

Losman is as unproven of a player as any other unproven player. He's going to throw alot of intereceptions, even the best have in their first few years. don't get your hopes up bills fans, thats all i have to say. let the game speak for itself.
You do know that McGahee only started 11 games last year right?
LosmanEvansMcGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #322
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But he played in all 16, Davis only played in 15...
Old 08-24-2005   #323
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosmanEvansMcGahee

it doesn't matter how many games he started, when you compare rushing attempts to yards per carry, they're basically even. all it means is mcgahee had more rushes per game, thats all.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #324
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

"Fact...J.P. Losman is the reincarnation of Kenny Stabler." If you have NFL Network you probably know what I am talking about. That commercial cracks me up...
Old 08-24-2005   #325
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
it doesn't matter how many games he started, when you compare rushing attempts to yards per carry, they're basically even. all it means is mcgahee had more rushes per game, thats all.
You gotta think it was his first year starting since his injury. Now he's even better.

Faster+Stronger+Healthier=Scarier
Old 08-24-2005   #326
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
"Fact...J.P. Losman is the reincarnation of Kenny Stabler." If you have NFL Network you probably know what I am talking about. That commercial cracks me up...
You obviously know nothing about J.P
Old 08-24-2005   #327
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You obviously don't have NFL Network...
Old 08-24-2005   #328
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan
umm.... hate to rain on this the texans are better than the bills but your not and i will give a few reasons... your assitant coaches are not as expeienced as ours and we have the best offensive line coache in the NFL plus we are young but have a mix of vetrans and we will trough ever blitz from simple to the weirdest you will see in a life time oh and we happen to have a better defense we have proof of that and halll of fame coaches say we have a great defensive backfield because we are in the right place at the right time plus we have a cornerback jabari greer who is been impresive and all the coaches like him and please tell me when have the texans ever hade a pass rush? soorry i really don't see the texans outperforming the bills no way

so your assistant coaches have more experience than us? and you have the best offensive line coach in the NFL? you have any proof to back up your theory? and you are young but have a mix of veterans, hmm sounds like most teams in the league, you know sounds like the texans alot. so where's your proof that your defense is better? last year doesn't count because that was last year and last year means nothing in the NFL, the fact is there is no proof until the season begins. oh wait wait, let me throw this in there too. same things were said 2 years ago when we played ya'll.

I won't even get into it with you because you're 16, but talk about being a .

here's a reminder and he's only a rookie there

Last edited by ATX; 08-24-2005 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-24-2005   #329
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I know Losman isn't near as experienced or good as David Carr. I know he is starting his first NFL game this year. I know that Andre Johnson is better than any receiver you have in Buffalo. where are all these buffalo fans coming from? i don't think we even get this many colts, jags, titans, or cowboys fans in here. really weird, i think.
Old 08-24-2005   #330
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
You obviously don't have NFL Network...
Nope. But I heard all about it.
Old 08-24-2005   #331
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You gotta think it was his first year starting since his injury. Now he's even better.

Faster+Stronger+Healthier=Scarier

and Davis, Johnson, and Carr have one more year under their belt. the coin is never one sided my friend. He may be better or he may be a bust, one year doesn't prove anything in the NFL.
Old 08-24-2005   #332
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
and Davis, Johnson, and Carr have one more year under their belt. the coin is never one sided my friend. He may be better or he may be a bust, one year doesn't prove anything in the NFL.
haha You must not watch him much...
Old 08-24-2005   #333
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
haha You must not watch him much...
he was a hell of a back in miami, ive watched him plenty. all i'm saying is you're only seeing your side of the coin. i would expect mcgahee to improve just like davis will improve. and yes, one year is nothing to be proud of, do it consistently and you may have something.
Old 08-24-2005   #334
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
he was a hell of a back in miami, ive watched him plenty. all i'm saying is you're only seeing your side of the coin. i would expect mcgahee to improve just like davis will improve. and yes, one year is nothing to be proud of, do it consistently and you may have something.
I guess we'll find out who's better at the end of the season right?

Old 08-24-2005   #335
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I guess we'll find out who's better at the end of the season right?

thats the point of football. we can sit here and debate all kinds of things, but it really means nothing. it's all about winning, nothing else in the NFL.
Old 08-24-2005   #336
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Quote:
thats the point of football. we can sit here and debate all kinds of things, but it really means nothing. it's all about winning, nothing else in the NFL.
I totally agree.

I don't care about stats I care about winning.
Old 08-24-2005   #337
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
this is why you should look up stats about our team also before you go around sounding....stupid. our defense had the longest stretch in not allowing a TD in the entire league, and our secondary even with poor pass rush still got like 20 somethin INT's so please never again will you or any other Bills fan say that our secondary isnt that good when in fact we also have one of the best secondaries in the leauge.

thank you, signed annoyed taxan fan
I doubt if many teams are afraid to pass against the Texans. In addition to our awesome pass rush, our secondary was so "good" that they ranked:

- next to last in completed pass percentage (64.9)
- next to last in passing touchdowns (32)
- 24th in passing yards allowed (3615)

luckily, we're equally inept at stopping the run, so don't look for teams to expose our lack of pass defense
Old 08-24-2005   #338
bills_phan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
luckily, we're equally inept at stopping the run, so don't look for teams to expose our lack of pass defense
That's funny!
bills_phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #339
Evans Fan
Rookie

Quote:
so your assistant coaches have more experience than us? and you have the best offensive line coach in the NFL? you have any proof to back up your theory? and you are young but have a mix of veterans, hmm sounds like most teams in the league, you know sounds like the texans alot. so where's your proof that your defense is better? last year doesn't count because that was last year and last year means nothing in the NFL, the fact is there is no proof until the season begins. oh wait wait, let me throw this in there too. same things were said 2 years ago when we played ya'll.

I won't even get into it with you because you're 16, but talk about being a .

here's a reminder and he's only a rookie there

so what if i'm 16 that's truly a dumb comment i know my facts plus AJ did that in the past i thought the past doesn't matter look at lee evans nuber as a rook and imagine what he will do this year against a unproven defense it makes me want to show u ever clip[ of him i have but hey check him out for your self and assitant coaches mean alot in the NFL the more experienced the better they help the coach prepare for a game look at Jim Mcnally he doesn't make offensive linemen better if he doesn't have the experience and you will see Mike williams just destroy the guy on his side cuz he's so big and good i'm not trying to say i don't think the texans have a chance they do but u have to look into the past to see if that will run onmto this year. so AJ beat us ONCE! now Evans will return the favor
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #340
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
where are all these buffalo fans coming from? i don't think we even get this many colts, jags, titans, or cowboys fans in here. really weird, i think.

It is extremely odd isnt it? I mean they are just poping up by the handful. The funny thing, is that everyone has the bills-goggles on, which gets annoying.

Can we just agree this will be a hard fought game, and the best team will win, without getting into last years stats, and who has the better assistant coaches??
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read