Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2005   #301
joros
waterboy

Default Texans vs. Bills

Hi Houston Texans fans. I am a Bills fan, and I just want to know your predictions on the game on September 11th.

ps...honest answers please
joros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005   #302
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by joros
Hi Houston Texans fans. I am a Bills fan, and I just want to know your predictions on the game on September 11th.

Read the first 15 pages
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #303
b-lo55
Rookie

Default Opening Day I'll be there

Buffalo fan here with much respect for your Houston Texan team. Looking forward to the matchup on Sep. 11th i'll be there in person can't wait. Wondering how everyone feels about the first game (I'm sure all of the Texans fans will claim victory which is fine this is your message board). I feel this will be a tight game as I see Buffalo edging out Houston 14-10. The Buffalo Defense has looked very strong in training camp and pre season and should pick up where it left off last year, even with the departure of big pat williams, the team has a solid replacement in Ron Ewards. The Buffalo D has numerous Blitz schems which gave them a league high 45 sacks last yr. I feel TKO and company will be too much fire power for the Texan "O" line. On offense the Bills have replaced Drew Bledslow w J.P. Losman, and anyone who watched any Bills games last yr. has to know it is near impossible to get less production from the QB position. J.P. also provides more options in the playbook, and Mike Mularkey is accustomed to scrambling QB's (He was w Kordell Stewart in Pitt. during their AFC Champ. Game). Also many people think J.P. is a rookie this is false he has a yr. of learning the playbook under his belt. Good luck this year, also wondering if any fans are making it up to Buffalo for the game.
b-lo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #304
Evans Fan
Rookie

Man i feel sorry for houston cuz buffalo will have an easy time beating them if they are as good as they are in the preseason
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #305
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan
Man i feel sorry for houston cuz buffalo will have an easy time beating them if they are as good as they are in the preseason
its the PRE-season for a reason.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #306
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan
Definately agree. Preseason records are a direct indication of a team's future success. We beat the Patriots badly in our preseason game against them last year.

Signed,
The Bengals

texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #307
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I say the team with the most points will win. Really though, here is what I see. AJ 130 yds 1 td, DD 98 yds rushing 53 yds rec. 1td, Mathis 40+ yds 1 td, Carr 220 + yds 1 int 2 sacks, Kris Brown wins it with a 47 yd field goal in the final minutes. I just have this feeling OH wait that might be my tendonitis.
I think it will be close because I think that the Bills are just as hungry as we are, but there is to much on the plate for Lossman to swallow.
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-23-2005   #308
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

This won't be a blowout either way. Losman will be dealing with a very fast defense that will have a lot more "looks" than have been shown so far. And anyone who thinks that the Texans will tear apart Buffalo's solid defense must be hanging out in Ricky Williams' hotel room smoking rolled-up "playbook pages." I look for Carr to have a solid but not spectacular game, but I also look for DD to surprise some people and poke some holes in the Bills defensive front, which is going to have to face life without Pat Williams.

I have a feeling this game will be won on 1 or 2 big plays in either direction, like a Reggie Swinton special-teams TD or a breakaway run by McGahee or Davis. It'll be a hard-fought and very even game otherwise.

It's a good first test of the season for Losman, and a very hard first test for the retooled Texans. If the Texans can bring a pass rush (which they really haven't in preseason), this will be a great game.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #309
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joros

it will be our first loss... honest enough for ya?
Old 08-23-2005   #310
Evans Fan
Rookie

Buffalo will win this game because losman can run and our special teams are spesial teams are great ( # 1!) Terrance McGee will take one back if u give him some room and the defense won't miss pat williams because ron edwards who is bigger than williams is a good run stuffer not as good as williams but he's a better pass rusher. so we give u a little more running room but we give the passing game more problems plus TKO IS THE MAN PERIOD. Playmaker passrusher and runstuffer what else is their that he can't do?
Old 08-23-2005   #311
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Well said.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #312
Evans Fan
Rookie

thank you
Old 08-23-2005   #313
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Default Hey Texans Fans!

Bills Fan here...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm not here to bash or anything. Just to talk football.

Anways. Good luck this season!

And Go Bills! Of course!
LosmanEvansMcGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #314
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

I think Buffalo wins this game.

Here's why:

McGahee is one of the best backs in the league and your 'average' LB's aren't going to stop him and his stiff arm.

Losman will be starting his first game, but you guys don't have a good Pass Rusher or a very good Secondary. Yes, you have Dunta, but other than that I don't think your Secondary is going to stop a lot of teams.

Our Defense is just way to overpowerful for your Offense. We arguably have the best LB crew in the league. Nate Clements is coming off a Pro Bowl season and still is improving. McGee really started to show he could someday be a #1 CB. Also, we could have the best S tandem in the league. Milloy and Vincent are Pro Bowl caliber players. Also, Our D Line should outmatch your O Line. Adams, Edwards, Kelsey, Schobel is a very solid group right there.

Last but not Least: We had the best ST teams in the league last year. We had the best Field Position last year. We scored the most TD's last year. On Kickoff's and Returns we owned both sides.

Well, that's my input.
LosmanEvansMcGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #315
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosmanEvansMcGahee

Here's why:

McGahee is one of the best backs in the league and your 'average' LB's aren't going to stop him and his stiff arm.

Losman will be starting his first game, but you guys don't have a good Pass Rusher or a very good Secondary. Yes, you have Dunta, but other than that I don't think your Secondary is going to stop a lot of teams.

Our Defense is just way to overpowerful for your Offense. We arguably have the best LB crew in the league. Nate Clements is coming off a Pro Bowl season and still is improving. McGee really started to show he could someday be a #1 CB. Also, we could have the best S tandem in the league. Milloy and Vincent are Pro Bowl caliber players. Also, Our D Line should outmatch your O Line. Adams, Edwards, Kelsey, Schobel is a very solid group right there.

Last but not Least: We had the best ST teams in the league last year. We had the best Field Position last year. We scored the most TD's last year. On Kickoff's and Returns we owned both sides.

Well, that's my input.
Typical Homer comment
Old 08-23-2005   #316
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Typical Homer comment
yep
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #317
ATX
Hall of Fame

This has got to be one of the lamest threads. Everything mentioned from the Bills fans are stats from last year. last year doesn't count anymore, every Texan fan knows that. Hell we lost to the browns last game of the year, doesn't mean they'll beat us again or we'll stink it up like that again. Let's just wait until Sept 11, before ya'll run your mouths.

I'm just tired of this Mcgahee that and Losman is the answer to your problems. look at the stats last year between Davis and Mcgahee.

Davis 302 rushes for 1188 yards. 3.9 avg. 13 TDs
Mcgahee 284 rushes for 1128 yards. 4.0 avg. 13 TDs

Losman is as unproven of a player as any other unproven player. He's going to throw alot of intereceptions, even the best have in their first few years. don't get your hopes up bills fans, thats all i have to say. let the game speak for itself.
Old 08-23-2005   #318
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosmanEvansMcGahee

Here's why:

Well, that's my input.
this is why you should look up stats about our team also before you go around sounding....stupid. our defense had the longest stretch in not allowing a TD in the entire league, and our secondary even with poor pass rush still got like 20 somethin INT's so please never again will you or any other Bills fan say that our secondary isnt that good when in fact we also have one of the best secondaries in the leauge.

thank you, signed annoyed taxan fan
Old 08-23-2005   #319
Evans Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
this is why you should look up stats about our team also before you go around sounding....stupid. our defense had the longest stretch in not allowing a TD in the entire league, and our secondary even with poor pass rush still got like 20 somethin INT's so please never again will you or any other Bills fan say that our secondary isnt that good when in fact we also have one of the best secondaries in the leauge.

thank you, signed annoyed taxan fan

umm.... hate to rain on this the texans are better than the bills but your not and i will give a few reasons... your assitant coaches are not as expeienced as ours and we have the best offensive line coache in the NFL plus we are young but have a mix of vetrans and we will trough ever blitz from simple to the weirdest you will see in a life time oh and we happen to have a better defense we have proof of that and halll of fame coaches say we have a great defensive backfield because we are in the right place at the right time plus we have a cornerback jabari greer who is been impresive and all the coaches like him and please tell me when have the texans ever hade a pass rush? soorry i really don't see the texans outperforming the bills no way
Old 08-23-2005   #320
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing is certain. After watching this thread for 17 pages I am positive that no Buffalo fan yet has a legitimate take on the Texans. You all know nothing of value about your opponent.

Likewise I don't think we Texans fans have much of a grip on what the Bill will be like after Bledso and Henry. We''ve seen your team two of the last three years and we're 1-1 against you (very nearly 2-0) but I'll admit it. We don't really know what to expect in the season opener.

One of our two groups is going to be very surprised when that ones over. I hope it's you guys and not us

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read