Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2005   #281
Waltman
Rookie

Cool

On this one I'm most definitely going with the Texans only because our 2 demensional offensive game (run and pass). You have to worry about DD & AJ, Bills 2 demensional game is not as big a threat as the Texans. I believe the Texans secondary is totally capable of handling the Bills receiving core which allows us to worry more about stopping the run. If Capers coach a good game the Texans should win .
Waltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #282
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyroe
I predict Houston ,with a weak schedule will have a breakout
year finishing 13-3.
What a beautiful DREAM! I say 9-7 or maybe 10-6. That is no guarantee of play-offs, however. 8-8 or less and somebody gets fired. They should've done that well last year.

Prediction for the game? I'll say Houston wins, but I have no idea what score to predict. Somewhere between Houston wins by 3 and Houston wins by 30, lol (probably closer to 3 I guess).

Last edited by HJam72; 08-10-2005 at 01:38 AM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #283
RalphJr
Rookie

Buddyroe, I was going to try and actually discuss your points with you, but after seeing your hilarious opening day prediction (34-6? only three teams even scored more than 20 against us last year, Pitt, NE, and Miami, and we beat Miami) and your incredibly optimistic 13-3 prediction for your Texans, I think I'll click this little dude , and leave it at that.

BTW, whatever you are smoking...pass that stuff over HERE!
RalphJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #284
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
What a beautiful DREAM! I say 9-7 or maybe 10-6. That is no guarantee of play-offs, however. 8-8 or less and somebody gets fired. They should've done that well last year.

Prediction for the game? I'll say Houston wins, but I have no idea what score to predict. Somewhere between Houston wins by 3 and Houston wins by 30, lol (probably closer to 3 I guess).
8-8 would not be so bad considering you all are only in your th year of existance. In '06 the texans may make a real run at the playoffs...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #285
buddyroe
Rookie

Ralph,the 34-6 prediction is based on my thought
that the Bills will turn the ball over 3 times.The
1st game of the season can cause butterflys,
especially in a rookie QB.The Bills can expect to see
blitzes from all angles and JP will get rattled.
As good as Buffalo's D is they will get tired when
their offense cann't hold the ball.Houston's going to
use short drops and quick passes to a 3 reciever set
to frustrate the Bills passrush and open up the box for
Double "D".
This game will get out of control on the 1st INT.
Hence: Houston 34 Buffalo 6

Last edited by buddyroe; 08-10-2005 at 11:07 AM.
buddyroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #286
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I think the Texans can manage a 11-5 or 12-4 record. If luck is on there side. SD moved their game up drastically in one year. So can the Texans.

I predict this will be a close game. The Buffalo running game will carry them for a while. The Texans seem to be more balanced with run/pass. I just hope that they have learned to pass protect. I think ST is about even. The Buffalo defense has proven it worth, but the Texans defense this year has many questions unanswered. Losman will have so many of those answers by the end of the game we'll be calling him the "Wiz".

I just want to see a nice hard fought game without any injuries. Good luck to the rest of your year after you play the Texans Buffalo.
Old 08-10-2005   #287
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
8-8 would not be so bad considering you all are only in your th year of existance. In '06 the texans may make a real run at the playoffs...
A lot of people feel that way, but I don't. It was supposed to be a five year plan and I expect a winning season in the 4th year. Besides, we have an O-coordinator that very many of us consider to be of questionable ability.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2005   #288
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyroe
Ralph,the 34-6 prediction is based on my thought
that the Bills will turn the ball over 3 times.The
1st game of the season can cause butterflys,
especially in a rookie QB.The Bills can expect to see
blitzes from all angles and JP will get rattled.
As good as Buffalo's D is they will get tired when
their offense cann't hold the ball.Houston's going to
use short drops and quick passes to a 3 reciever set
to frustrate the Bills passrush and open up the box for
Double "D".
This game will get out of control on the 1st INT.
Hence: Houston 34 Buffalo 6
Well, I can make a wild guess on score based upon the number of sacks I think Buffalo will have...hypotheticals will get you anywhere you want to go if you follow them far enough buddyroe. Predicting 3 INTs is akin to me predicting 2 Fumble recoveries on sacks for the Bills. Could happen...but probably won't.

Rookie butterflies? Very safe prediction on your part. Three INTs? That's just a wild guess bro. You may as well start predicitng how many safties will be in the game.

BTW, you can blitz all you want, but from what i know of your team you don't get all that much pressure, and JP practices against one of the strongest blitzing teams in the league. I expect sacks, but don't think you're going to be all over him, he's going to roll right to the strong side of the line for protection. We also use LOTS of TE blocking schemes. BTW, you have a better shot at frustrating JP than rattling him. He doesn't scare easy, but he does seem to lose his cool on botched plays. That is far more likely than him getting rattled, and that could be where I see him forcing something.

Anyway, seems like most here are hinging a Texans win on JP playing poorly. What if he plays okay? What happens then? I am of the mind that our D is strong enough to win the game shouldering the load, as they did for MUCH of the Bledsoe era.
Old 08-10-2005   #289
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
I think the Texans can manage a 11-5 or 12-4 record. If luck is on there side. SD moved their game up drastically in one year. So can the Texans.

I predict this will be a close game. The Buffalo running game will carry them for a while. The Texans seem to be more balanced with run/pass. I just hope that they have learned to pass protect. I think ST is about even. The Buffalo defense has proven it worth, but the Texans defense this year has many questions unanswered. Losman will have so many of those answers by the end of the game we'll be calling him the "Wiz".

I just want to see a nice hard fought game without any injuries. Good luck to the rest of your year after you play the Texans Buffalo.
I agree almost any team can make major moves up. But predicting it is totally hit or miss, that's all. Don't mean to discount the possibility, a guess is a guess.

BTW, Buffalo had the tops ST team in the league last year, our punter has a cannon leg (55 yards+), and T. McGee was the top kick returner in the league last year. Both our punt returners had punts retunred for touchdowns. I don't see this one as so even.

I agree totally with your last statement though, here's to a good game with no injuries, and good luck to ya'll after the opener. I can hardly wait, I look at my season opener tix like every day, lol.
Old 08-10-2005   #290
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bills
and just recently Jabari Greer compared him to steve young.

Buffalo Wins 21-17

Yeah... well when Harold Minor was drafted into the NBA, he was widely compared to Michael Jordan.
Who was Harold Minor, you ask?

EXACTLY, I say...

No matter who it was that made the comparison, I thinks it may be a bit premature to name him in the same breath as a hall of famer...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #291
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphJr
Well, I can make a wild guess on score based upon the number of sacks I think Buffalo will have...hypotheticals will get you anywhere you want to go if you follow them far enough buddyroe. Predicting 3 INTs is akin to me predicting 2 Fumble recoveries on sacks for the Bills. Could happen...but probably won't.

Rookie butterflies? Very safe prediction on your part. Three INTs? That's just a wild guess bro. You may as well start predicitng how many safties will be in the game.

BTW, you can blitz all you want, but from what i know of your team you don't get all that much pressure, and JP practices against one of the strongest blitzing teams in the league. I expect sacks, but don't think you're going to be all over him, he's going to roll right to the strong side of the line for protection. We also use LOTS of TE blocking schemes. BTW, you have a better shot at frustrating JP than rattling him. He doesn't scare easy, but he does seem to lose his cool on botched plays. That is far more likely than him getting rattled, and that could be where I see him forcing something.

Anyway, seems like most here are hinging a Texans win on JP playing poorly. What if he plays okay? What happens then? I am of the mind that our D is strong enough to win the game shouldering the load, as they did for MUCH of the Bledsoe era.
This IS a prediction thread man. Get over the fact that it could, or could not happen. You seem to discount everyones words because its a guess, or a prediction. Weird, predictions in a prediction thread! wowzers.

My PREDICTION.

J.P. is forced into to many errors. And looses the game in the final 2 minutes. Texans win 24 to 21.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #292
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
Yeah... well when Harold Minor was drafted into the NBA, he was widely compared to Michael Jordan.
Who was Harold Minor, you ask?

EXACTLY, I say...

No matter who it was that made the comparison, I thinks it may be a bit premature to name him in the same breath as a hall of famer...
LOL, I actually cringed when i first saw this. Jabari Greer is a nice young corner, but is hardly a judge of QB talent, especially to compare Los to Young. Just plain silly really.

Understand folks, Buffalo is STARVED for a real QB after Flutie/Johnson and Bledsoe. Forgive those that get a little (or a LOT, LOL) ahead of themselves.
Old 08-10-2005   #293
RalphJr
Rookie

This IS a prediction thread man. Get over the fact that it could, or could not happen. You seem to discount everyones words because its a guess, or a prediction. Weird, predictions in a prediction thread! wowzers.

My PREDICTION.

J.P. is forced into to many errors. And looses the game in the final 2 minutes. Texans win 24 to 21.

Sorry, just trying to keep things within the realm of realism. I didn't "discount" anyone's word if you'll notice DC. simply the probability of buddyroe's prediction actually happening. Most folks here, like you, have very realistic predictions. I made no beef with them. It's when people get crazy specific that things start to get ridiculous, thats all. Sorry, I wasn't exactly being a jerk about it either, didn't mean it to come off that way. You guys did a good job of shooting down B'lo homers, I thought I could do the same on the other side of the fence.
Old 08-10-2005   #294
Doug
All Pro

Just curious how Roscoe Parrish is looking for ya'll right now?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #295
buddyroe
Rookie

Ralph and other Buffalo fans, good to see all of you guys
are as excited as I am about the start of the season.
It would be fun to sit around with everyone and watch
the game.Win or lose I hope to hear from all of ya after
to discuss the good,bad and ugly from both teams.
Saturday we play the Bronco's(top 5 in "O" @ "D")
That will be a good chance to rate the progress of the
Texan's.
Hope come game one everyone on both teams are healthy.
Good luck,see yall on 9-11 in Buffalo.
Old 08-11-2005   #296
RalphJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Just curious how Roscoe Parrish is looking for ya'll right now?
Was looking REALLY good until he just busted or did something to his hand in practice. Hopefully for us it is either minor or he can play with one of those "club" air casts the guys use. Have to wait and see I guess.

Our draft picks are dropping like flies!

Buddyroe:we are definitely excited, and I will stick around for the aftermath no matter what happens, whether to chew crow or dish it out. I came here to get some insight on your team and reading posts here has been pretty informative. You guys have a very nice site, and I like the atmosphere.
Old 08-12-2005   #297
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphJr
Was looking REALLY good until he just busted or did something to his hand in practice. Hopefully for us it is either minor or he can play with one of those "club" air casts the guys use. Have to wait and see I guess.

Our draft picks are dropping like flies!

Buddyroe:we are definitely excited, and I will stick around for the aftermath no matter what happens, whether to chew crow or dish it out. I came here to get some insight on your team and reading posts here has been pretty informative. You guys have a very nice site, and I like the atmosphere.
Ya, when I watching the GB/SD game last night I saw on the bottom of the screen where they run the updates that something happened to his wrist but the extent was unknown. Hope it's not serious because I thought this guy was an awesome pick up. I also read this morning in Voice of the Fan that our speedster Mathis was limping noticeably after falling awkwardly in practice against the Bronco's. Hope it's not to serious, I was really looking forward to watching him play Saturday.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #298
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

I similated it on Madden 06, 24 - 17 Texans
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #299
buddyroe
Rookie

Mathis will be held out saturday.Injury not bad,just don't
want him hurt any more than he is.I heard he returned
a punt for a TD in practice against the Bronco's projected
starting S.T.They say he is electrifying when he has the
ball.
The word is our "D" is looking really good and our secondary
may be the best in the AFC.Buchanon said it doesn't
matter what people say until they do it in a real game.
Good attitude to have I think.
Gary Walker also won't play saturday,knee,doesn't sound
serious.
I'm interested to see how well our "O" line protects Carr
in a game situation,Carr said it has been better than
years past.Can't wait to see Morency run the ball,
he was a monster to stop at OSU.Hope it translates
to the big stage.
Old 08-12-2005   #300
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i totally agree with holding mathis out. no need to injure him in the pre-season.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read