Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2005   #241
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bills
Then you think your no name cbs and safteys will be able to cover Eric Moulds, Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans, Josh Reed, and sam aiken?
Get real. No way you can stop Reed & Aiken. You can only hope to contain them.

Quote:
You think Losman will be a bust, he broke records at tulane
Broke records at Tulane? Say it isn't so. We're doomed to the crushing bow of a Green Tidal Wave.

Quote:
I havent even mentioned our punter Brian Moorman...
Please no! Whatever you do, don't punt the ball to the Texans! Oh, the humanity.

Look, there's no shame in becoming the 1st victim of a Great Blue Buffalo team that's about to embark on a historic 19-0 championship run. Let's just hope the Texans are fortunate to make the playoffs & get smacked around by the Bills twice. And how about a big round of applause to those thoughtful Bills fans who were kind enough to inform us of our impending destruction. I think I feel a tear of gratitude coming on.
Old 07-20-2005   #242
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
even if you somehow could manage that you think your nameless LBs and DTs can stop Willis McGahee.
Hey hey now, our linebackers and defensive linemen have names. We have a rule. You have to have a name to be on the Texans. I tried out last year, but didnt make the cut, because I didnt have a name. So get your facts straight.

Quote:
You think Losman will be a bust, he broke records at tulane, is trusted enough to sack bledsoe, the defense says he can pick them apart, OUR top 5 defense that is.
So...your top 5 defense, says a 2nd year rookie can pick them apart...good point.

================================================== ========
Now im not here to dis the bills. But im not going to say it will be an easy win. It will be a grind it out game, where one big play will swing it.

But calm down with the "THE BILLS WILL CRUSH YOU" routine. Damn, not even pre-season and im sick of the smack talkers from other teams....
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #243
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
You think Losman will be a bust, he broke records at tulane, is trusted enough to sack bledsoe, the defense says he can pick them apart, OUR top 5 defense that is.
First and foremost records in college mean nothing. If they did Dilfer would be a first ballot hall of famer. Second why do you keep saying the defense says he can pick them apart. Not once have I read/heard that from any news reports I have seen. Not once have I heard any other bill fan say this besides yourself.

Just because it sounds good in your head doesn't mean its true.

CAbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #244
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
You actually think you will be able to pass and run over around and through the likes of Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Milloy, Sam Adams, Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Terrence McGee, Troy Vincent... hell jeff posey can stop dd.
we will just run by em if thats ok? jeff posey is a second rate LB, and thats being generous... what has Mcgahee done, yeah he had one great year.. there are plenty of those that happen... one hit wonders can happen

Quote:
Then you think your no name cbs and safteys will be able to cover Eric Moulds, Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans, Josh Reed, and sam aiken?
lets see, an older slower, less dangerous Eric Moulds... Roscoe Parrish, sorry but 5'7" receivers don't scare me to much... Lee Evans, the only talent you have that has a future... Josh Reed, bust?... Sam Aiken, who? talk about a no name ... and wait, two first round picks that are CBs for Houston, and a DROY runner up, and should of been DROY is one of em

Quote:
You are hearing it here first, Tulane is a legit NCAA powerhouse.... :brickwall .. Top 5 defense is a joke, i have proved it before... oh and if losman is pickin em apart, then your defense must be some winners, a 2nd year qb with no experience tearin apart a vet defense... sounds promising for your D

Quote:
I havent even mentioned our punter Brian Moorman
I might be wrong, but i thought the objective of the game is to get the other team and punt, who cares if your punter should go to the pro bowl
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #245
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
we will just run by em if thats ok? jeff posey is a second rate LB, and thats being generous... what has Mcgahee done, yeah he had one great year.. there are plenty of those that happen... one hit wonders can happen
Works both ways. We have our own Dunta Robinson.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #246
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Works both ways. We have our own Dunta Robinson.
Dont confuse Dunta Robinson with one year wonder running backs. Cornerbacks dont come out of college, and have a pro-bowl rookie season without being special.
Old 07-21-2005   #247
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta wasn't in the probowl. I'm just saying the argument works both ways anyway.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-21-2005   #248
Texan Spain
Rookie

For that 5 foot 7 reciever we have Chris McKenzie.
Texan Spain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #249
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Dunta wasn't in the probowl. I'm just saying the argument works both ways anyway.
HAH. I didnt mean he was in the pro-bowl. I meant he had pro-bowl numbers.

I understand your argument, but it is flawed. Rookie cornerbacks dont produce those kind of numbers, and then flame out the rest of their carrers like runners can.
Old 07-21-2005   #250
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I understand your argument, but it is flawed. Rookie cornerbacks dont produce those kind of numbers, and then flame out the rest of their carrers like runners can.
You should talk to folks in Dallas about Terrence Newman then. He definitely struggled more last year than his rookie year.
Old 07-21-2005   #251
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
You should talk to folks in Dallas about Terrence Newman then. He definitely struggled more last year than his rookie year.
I was thinking the very same thing.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #252
Blake
MMQB

He still produced the same numbers. 4 ints a year, good amount of tackles. I dont know how many tds against him he had each year.
Old 07-21-2005   #253
CAbills
Rookie

How many ints someone had could be a little misleading. Some times more ints just means teams are testing that player more thus giving him more opportunities for Ints.

The player who have 0 ints a season could mean they are one of the best in the league its all relative I guess.

However Dunta is a stud and I expect nothing less from him this year, should be a very good corner for years to come.

Sure a lot of running backs can flame out but its not like Willis is a nobody. He would have been a top 5 pick if it wasn't for his injury.

Before his injury he had 4.28 speed, 233 lbs that is a beast. Last year he should his ability to run between the tackles and his nose for the endzone. He used a lot of pure strength last year to get his yards last year. If he gained that burst of speed back in the offseason he should be very special.
Old 07-22-2005   #254
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbills

Sure a lot of running backs can flame out but its not like Willis is a nobody. He would have been a top 5 pick if it wasn't for his injury.
I expect Willis to be a star in this league. But I wasnt trying to say he was going to flame out. I was just making a point that one year wonders are 9/10 runningbacks, and not cornerbacks.
Old 07-24-2005   #255
Evans Fan
Rookie

Buffalo will need onething to make them good and that is lee evans being superman downfield and j.p. losman not being lex luthor
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005   #256
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'd like to see how pre-season injuries play out because we all know there will be one of those ....where we say...... :brickwall

Though I hope everyone comes through healthy its just way too early to tell.

Whose better????
Offensively: Texans...though bills aren't bad the rookie qb kills them here.
Defensively: Bills...I need to see something to make me believe otherwise in pre-season by the Texans here. We aren't bad but we aren't as good as them.
Special Teams: Texans....got so much speed the Texas state troopers won't even try to pull us over.

Who Wins???? No clue. But my 2 out of 3 right now says Texans.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005   #257
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

This one is easy since it's pre-camp and we can talk all the trash we want.
Texans win 56-0
Carr 450 yds passing 4 TD's no int's
DD 220 all purpose yds (150 rushing 70 receiving) 4 TD's
AJ 225 yds receiving 3 TD's
DROB 2 INT's one returned for TD
Defense has 10 sacks
Mathis returns opening kick off for 105 yds for TD
PB has 2 INT's
Bills have -100 total offense with 2 first downs.
Sounds like a plan to me!!!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005   #258
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
Special Teams: Texans....got so much speed the Texas state troopers won't even try to pull us over.
Yes Texan special teams is better even though we were ranked #1 in the league last year with our return man going to the probowl.
Old 07-25-2005   #259
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Texans 21
Bills 17
I think MacGahee will do well, but Losman hasn't proved himself yet.
Old 07-25-2005   #260
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Nod to Bills fans and good posters coming over to the board. Nice to have you over - hope you enjoy the stay and look forward to a good game opening day.

My pick for the Final Score

Texans: 24
Bills: 21

I think it will be an interesting game on both sides of the ball for both teams. Both teams had some changes over the last year and several of them have some impact - more so on the Texans than the Buffalo side.

First Half - Bills 10 - Texans 7

I expect both the Bills Offense and the Texans defense to struggle early on. As both teams get used to LIVE game speed versus practice speed and the timing is much crisper and the defense much tighter I look for both sides to loosen up alot more as the game flow moves on. I expect Losman to struggle in the first half and throw a pick while the Texans Defense struggles to get coverages and penetration to the backfield.

I see Losman getting early success going to his speed and slot receivers and the Buffalo O using Mcgahee to throw things off-tempo. His timing and flow will be a little off to start with though and he will be see-ing alot of changing coverage so his reads will be slower and easier to pick on at first.

I feel the Texans will struggle early on in pass coverages as the CB's and nickel coverages get used to playing with new guys and trying to match up with Buffalo's speed at receiver to start with. I dont look for much pressure on Losman from our LB's as they focus more on Run support in the first half and keeping Mcgahee inside thus tryign to force Losman to have to use his arm to beat us.

Second Half - Bills 11 - Texans 17

The second half I see the Buffalo Defense come on strong early, maybe a sack or pick and then settle down to a dull roar. The Buffalo Offense I look to be up and down in the second half as Losman finds his rhythm and hits a few receivers, but I predict the team relies mainly on Mcgahee and burns too much clock and forces Losman to have to throw more late in the game and give up extra picks, 3 and outs or throw-aways. Buffalo Offense should be decent late in the game as they will be running most of the day and should keep the Houston defense gassed by the end of the day. Stats - I see Mcgahee with about 150 yds and 1 td on the day. Losman with about 200 yds, 1td and 1-2 int's on the day.

I look for both sides of the Houston team to come alive in the second half and make adjustments. The defense I perceive to be much like the Bills D. They will be looking to set the tone early on and should provide some changes and mix things up early making it rough on Losman and the Bills but will settle down to a dull roar for the rest of the game which will make it close. I feel the Houston Offense should be coming out with some steam and look to put the ball downfield. I think they will be trying to push the speed at receiver now on the outside routes and that they should be comfortable with the game flow and able to identify the holes in the zones and coverage enough to open up a few downfield plays while mixing in alot of the 3 step and 5 step west coast passes to the RB, TE and slot WR. I look for DD to have a good day out of the backfield and pound it a little bit inside but struggle all day with breaking things open on the Buffalo defense. too much speed will prevent DD from getting to the outside on them much of the day, and will force him inside the tackles alot, which will help late in the game. I expect a few nice runs from inside from DD as the Buffalo D wears down in the 4th from running all day and us pounding it inside.
Stats - I see Davis with about 100-120 yds rushing on the day and 1 TD. Carr with about 250 yds 2td's and 1 int

Last edited by U4ikrob; 07-25-2005 at 10:31 AM.
U4ikrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read