Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2005   #221
Evans Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Wouldn't the same rule apply to a RB who's only played one year? Perhaps a RB out of "Da U" who was picked up at the end of the 1st Round despite having suffered a major knee injury in a National Championship game. Wonder who I could be referring to...? How could that RB have a legendary move (let's say stiff arm) if he's only played for one year? What about a WR who's only played one season? Let's say the guy comes out of Wisconsin, and he's a talented player with speed. Perhaps these rules you speak of aren't being applied equally to both teams.

I never said lee evans was an emerging star because he has to prove himself this year and mcgahee doesn't need to prove anything he had a knee injury and cameback and did that plus backs from Da U don't need two years to prove themselve look at edge and mcGahee for starters
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005   #222
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

That quote wasn't directed entirely at you, but to the whole logic that some of the young talented players on the Bills are all awesome whereas the young talented players on the Texans are unproven despite both having little experience in the league. Seems to me the rule applies to all of the young players equally despite the logo on their uniform.

As for the Miami RBs they've had their share of flops too just like any other University. (Alonzo Highsmith, James Jackson, Nick Williams, Larry Jones, etc.)
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005   #223
Texan Spain
Rookie

with a good offensive line, a tailback with no fumble problems will put good numbers, but a cornerback depends of him and no other. well if the front 7 makes a goos presure his job will be easier bet isn't like the job of a RB with a fantastic OLine
Texan Spain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005   #224
Evans Fan
Rookie

buffalo has in the leagues opinion the best offensive line coach in mcnally look what he has done for the bengals panther giants and bills
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005   #225
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan
buffalo has in the leagues opinion the best offensive line coach in mcnally look what he has done for the bengals panther giants and bills

I think Alex Gibbs of the Falcons (formerly of the Broncos) might beg to differ since he's been able to consistently produce some of the better rushing attacks in the NFL.
Old 07-17-2005   #226
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Bills 27
Texans 24

Texans have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL until proven otherwise. No pass rush either. The Bills have a dominant running game and a dominant defense. 0-1 for the good guys

Vinny, Travis Henry is GONE Magahee will have to prove he can do the job all season, also in 2003 we beat them 12-10 WITHOUT Carr. We now have AJ on offense, I see running D improving with younger players able to pursue without oxygen after a run play.

Buffalo without ice and snow should be a good game

I predict a high yardage game for Buffalo BUT not a high scoring we will win 28-7 continuing our winning season openers to 3-1
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #227
TexansR#1
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexansR#1 Send a message via Yahoo to TexansR#1

I think texans will win this one. for starters .. you have a second year qb who didnt see awhole lot of playing time behind drew. I might be mistaken I dont follow them to much. Second You have Mcgahee who I dont think is totally healty from his torn knee ligaments ( Go BUCS!!! ) If he is healthy all you have to do is stick 8 men in the box to stop him. Plus an inexperienced qb well be blitzing him all day. I predict Texans 21 Buffalo 17
TexansR#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2005   #228
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
Vinny, Travis Henry is GONE Magahee will have to prove he can do the job all season, also in 2003 we beat them 12-10 WITHOUT Carr. We now have AJ on offense, I see running D improving with younger players able to pursue without oxygen after a run play.
We had AJ in 2003 when we won. It was his rookie season, and he had a very good game. Carr was knocked out early by Posey, and Banks played pretty well in his absence. As far as McGahee carrying the load I don't think it will be a problem. He had over 1100 yds with 13 TDs last season while starting in 11 games.
Old 07-17-2005   #229
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Yea, McGahee is awesome. And as far as him having to carry the load, he only has to carry it into week one. Anything after that doesn't matter to us.
Old 07-18-2005   #230
HoustonBills
Rookie

Default Sorry

Guys I am a Bills fan and a Texans fan i have followed Texans since entering the NFL, but i live in Buffalo. So here goes mine. I think its going to be rocky for Bills. But you have to remember houston WR arnt that deep, dont hate me for saying this but johnsons succes is going to most likely drop off this season unless someone eles can step up to draw away defenders. Ok so we have a rookie QB hey guys bledsoe was playing like a Collage QB last season look at the numbers Carson Palmer played better than Bledsoe. JP can move he will take control he wont be amazing no but he wont be bad, why? cause he has a supporting cast. Hey i dont dislike carr iv had his jersey since his rookie year swear to god i bought it in Canton but i am willing to say that i think JP can have better numbers than Carr did in Carr's rookie season. Why? because again JP has more around him. and you guys have been talking about the Texans D yes im happy for us we got somethin good going but yet were young. Bills D will shut down any offense this year and thats my word. its hard to guess a score but i am willin to go out on a limb and say that playing in Buffalo on the opener its going to be Buffalo coming out on top by at least a TD. oh and my Texans i hate to say this but its ok cause were playing my hometeam im guna say that Texans dont score more than 17 points if that.
HoustonBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #231
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonBills
i am willing to say that i think JP can have better numbers than Carr did in Carr's rookie season. Why? because again JP has more around him.
Yes, because JP has an offensive line. Carr didn't...or doesn't.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #232
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I also think it is a nice luxury for JP to have a year to learn before starting a whole season.

Carr was thrown to the wolves. He had to learn as he got pounded.

Like a wise man once told me. "Lifes a dance you learn as you go."....yes.....a wise man, thats it.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #233
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But you have to remember houston WR arnt that deep, dont hate me for saying this but johnsons succes is going to most likely drop off this season unless someone eles can step up to draw away defenders.
Ok I realize you live in Buffalo so I'm not even going to get into the JP debate, but why do you think Johnsons #s are going to fall off. Is it because he'll be facing double coverage.....um he faced that LAST YEAR and he still dominated. Also Gaffney took a small step forward last year and I'm expecting him to take even a bigger one this year. People forget he was very young when we drafted him. Elite WRs don't drop off in their 3rd year, they take off. You act like teams didn't know and weren't trying to stop AJ last year. Our coaching staff has already said they are going to be more creative and call more plays to get the ball in AJ's hands, his #s should only improve. He should solidify himself as a top 5 wr this year.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #234
HoustonBills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Yes, because JP has an offensive line. Carr didn't...or doesn't.
Hey buddy at least you guys had Tony Boslie who do the bills have please tell me im dieing to know what kind of line my team has? O and to the other guy JP was injured all last season this is practiculy his Rookie season
Old 07-18-2005   #235
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Hey buddy at least you guys had Tony Boslie who do the bills have please tell me im dieing to know what kind of line my team has? O and to the other guy JP was injured all last season this is practiculy his Rookie season
Your kidding right?
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #236
HoustonBills
Rookie

Hey dude dont get me wrong at all i Love AJ i really do like him and i want the best for him but once you go to a probowl you begain to be a scouting target. Maybe i was wrong and i will admit now that you poit that things out to me wich i for some reason dident think about but styll AJ will get the ball and he will be a big time player but untill someone Steps up i mean cory is decent in the slot n Jabar did improve slightly but someone needs to play like a TJ Housmenzadah sorry about his last name. But puting up you know 900 yards er so maybe i am wrong again i did not check the numbers and i will once im done with this but untill that happens i can't see AJ doing much better. Do not get me wrong i am a TEXans fan and will be through it all but just like the Bills i tell things how it is i just joined this board today so give me some time but youll see bro i tell things how it is. The bills i am very worried about our line this year that is my nervouse part and our d line to i am worried also about that. And you can bet if you go on our board Evans4_6 thats my sn there you will see i have respect but i tell things stright up.
Old 07-18-2005   #237
CAbills
Rookie

Houston, that physically hurt to read.
CAbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #238
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
O and to the other guy JP was injured all last season this is practiculy his Rookie season
The point is, he had a whole year to get the game down. Watch plays, film, take notes, learn how things move in the NFL. My point was that he has had time to learn the game. Yeah, he was injured, but that didnt mean he went home and ate doritos all day while watching oprah.

Get a clue.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #239
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbills
Houston, that physically hurt to read.
My sentiments exactly.

As far as the Boselli thing I'm not sure where that is coming from, but perhaps its a joke I'm not getting. Hard for Boselli to make much of an impact without ever actually playing.
Old 07-20-2005   #240
Buffalo_Bills
Rookie

You actually think you will be able to pass and run over around and through the likes of Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Milloy, Sam Adams, Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Terrence McGee, Troy Vincent... hell jeff posey can stop dd.

Then you think your no name cbs and safteys will be able to cover Eric Moulds, Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans, Josh Reed, and sam aiken? even if you somehow could manage that you think your nameless LBs and DTs can stop Willis McGahee. You think Losman will be a bust, he broke records at tulane, is trusted enough to sack bledsoe, the defense says he can pick them apart, OUR top 5 defense that is.

I havent even mentioned our punter Brian Moorman... who is definatly over due for a prow bowl, or the fact that we have roscoe parrish, nate clements, and pro bowl player Terrence Mcgee returning kicks!

No competition was right, we will crush you!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read